Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

My only concern with PBF is that he is pushing on a bit, so hopefully his next fight will be against Pacquaio.  I imagine thats why Khan keeps sounding Mayweather as a potential opponent in 'a few years time' as he will be on the slide.  He has previous with this craic as he sneaked a 'win' against MAB, beat a past it Zab Judah and is now talking about fighting Erik Morales ffs.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on September 16, 2011, 11:41:54 AM
Quote from: screenexile on September 16, 2011, 10:47:27 AM
Is Mayweater Ortiz on Sky tomorrow night and if so will we have to pay for the privilege?!

It's on Primetime Screenexile, you know the people that broadcast the Dudey vs Khan fight - think it's Sky channel 480.

You should be able to get a decent stream though.

What time is it expected to start?

Atticus_Finch

Depends on how the undercard fights go but you're most likely looking at around 4am.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on September 16, 2011, 01:49:53 PM
Depends on how the undercard fights go but you're most likely looking at around 4am.

Cheers.

Just a case of deciding whether to get up for it or stay up for it then.

DennistheMenace

Just going back to the Dudey fight and looking back on it nearly a week ago I just can't help think that he is a limited fighter who is supposedly hard to hit and has a massive heart which we all witnessed on Saturday night. Personally I thought Prescott won but wasn't suprised to see Dudey take the decision being the aggressor on home turf is always going to stand you in good stead in the judges eyes. I think against Maidana he loses without doubt on his previous showing, Maidana whilst he didn't knock Khan down, fought a much more mature and defensively a better fighter than Prescott did and was seconds from stopping him. Whilst Maidana has a reputation (rightly so with 27 ko out of 30 wins) of being a thumper, he showed he is a very good all round boxer but lacks the speed of someone like Khan. Whilst Dudey's biggest trait is his elusiveness (not on last showing) I doubt very much he could firstly outbox Maidana, secondly hurt him and thirdly stay out of his right hook without going down.

I love having a home fighter on the big stage, someone who you can admire, a good family man with a massive heart, I just think he doesn't have the power or boxing ability to take a world title and I'd love to be proven wrong cause I've so much respect for him especially after Saturday and turning the fight around when it looked it was going to be all early doors.

As for Mayweather, he's going to get it tough on Saturday night, his hardest fight in a long time against an up and coming boxer who wants to make a name for himself. Points decision for Floyd I think.

CiKe

Quote from: DennistheMenace on September 16, 2011, 04:53:36 PM
Just going back to the Dudey fight and looking back on it nearly a week ago I just can't help think that he is a limited fighter who is supposedly hard to hit and has a massive heart which we all witnessed on Saturday night. Personally I thought Prescott won but wasn't suprised to see Dudey take the decision being the aggressor on home turf is always going to stand you in good stead in the judges eyes. I think against Maidana he loses without doubt on his previous showing, Maidana whilst he didn't knock Khan down, fought a much more mature and defensively a better fighter than Prescott did and was seconds from stopping him. Whilst Maidana has a reputation (rightly so with 27 ko out of 30 wins) of being a thumper, he showed he is a very good all round boxer but lacks the speed of someone like Khan. Whilst Dudey's biggest trait is his elusiveness (not on last showing) I doubt very much he could firstly outbox Maidana, secondly hurt him and thirdly stay out of his right hook without going down.

I love having a home fighter on the big stage, someone who you can admire, a good family man with a massive heart, I just think he doesn't have the power or boxing ability to take a world title and I'd love to be proven wrong cause I've so much respect for him especially after Saturday and turning the fight around when it looked it was going to be all early doors.

As for Mayweather, he's going to get it tough on Saturday night, his hardest fight in a long time against an up and coming boxer who wants to make a name for himself. Points decision for Floyd I think.

My tuppence worth is that Mayweather will have it easy enough. Be surprised if he doesn't win by four clear rounds. Berto isn't  in the same league, may have been a great fight, but one swallow doesn't make a summer and Ortiz ain't all that I don't think.

JimStynes

The Mayweather fight could end up the same as his Gatti fight. I'm looking forward to watching Morales fight tonight. I love watching him fight, he always ends up in a war. Two of my favourite fighters of all time fighting on the same night.

STREET FIGHTER

Any proposed links for the Mayweather fight tomorrow morning??

The Worker

is the fury fight on telly tonite?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on September 17, 2011, 09:02:35 PM
Antrim jersey on Fury! Go on ye boy ye.

The other boy had a Kerry beanie on.

Paddy Doherty (celeb gypo) was interviewed there. "I've known Tyson all my life".
Paddy is 52. Tyson is 23.
:D

The promoters have been desperate to drum up some ticket sales amongst McCooey's which explains the Antrim jersey.

Gold

He hasnt had that jersey off all week--some hum off him!

Creagh Concrete gettin some free advertising!

Could be an option at full forward!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

CiKe

channel five go down or jsut me?

el_cuervo_fc

CiKe

ah bugger every other channel working

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: CiKe on September 17, 2011, 09:19:46 PM
channel five go down or jsut me?
Lost signal at end of the first round too