Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muzz

Sky Sports 3 from 8pm then they head over to the klitschov fight in Poland I think...

The Claw

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on September 04, 2011, 02:45:37 PM
Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on August 31, 2011, 10:54:59 PM
I hope that they dont throw some hasbeen / neverwas in against Carl to save the bill. PMcC is damaged goods ie world title contender so the promoters are clutching at straws - Frampton v Martinez was the attraction... :-[

Only fight worth watching on the 17th is Mayweather vs Ortiz, nobody does pre-fight build up shows like HBO and their 24/7 series.

Mayweather vs Ortiz (24/7) - Episode 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtJHdSfY8sM

Mayweather vs Ortiz (24/7) - Episode 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEM0GiTUJM

Thanks for reminding me Atticus, 24/7 is an unreal show - can't wait to get home from work and watch it!

Atticus_Finch

Any predictions for tonight ?

My stab would be:

McCloskey to win quite comfortably on points.
Frampton, after a slow start to stop Mark Quon in the 7th round.
Klitschko to Ko Adamek in the 8th round.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Rav67

I'd fancy McCloskey to win by at least 4 rounds.  Frampton will be keen to stop Quon witha big crowd watching and I think he will in the later rounds.  I think Adamek may last the distance but I'd still fancy Klitschko to win on points.

You pinting anywhere before the event Atticus?  Thinking of McHugh's maybe as it'll be a quick dander over.

STREET FIGHTER

All the best to Dudey for tonight.

If he wins who is his next opponent likely to be?

Atticus_Finch

I'd say there's a good chance of going to McHughs before hand Rav, although in saying that the after party doors open at 5  ??? and 2.50 drinks may see us in there  ;D

Want to be heading in around 7ish, I reckon the Frampton fight will be kicking off not much later than 8 and want to make sure i get to see Eamon O'Kane's fight.  Leaving now so i'll give you a shout when we get up there and see where you are at.

Streetfighter - Not overlooking Prescott but Dudey should prevail and if he does then i reckon it'll most likely be Maidana up next,  Khan is expected to make a move up in weight.

Milltown Row2

After Carl's last fight, which was a tough enough encounter i think he'll want to put him away early, will depend on how long he works out his style and then impose himself. I'm going for a 5 round stoppage.

The inlaws are heading to it tonight, would have went myself but was in Dublin last weekend!!

McCloskey to win in the tenth
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Atticus_Finch

I hope you're right MR ... On the journey on the way up I was thinking a bit about the fight and with Prescott struggling to make weight, he will find it tough to last the pace come the later rounds and will become sluggish, if the stoppage is possible McCloskey will go for it, trust me on that ... This morning I was thinking McCloskey to win on points but now i'm thinking McCloskey between rounds 10-12. 20/1 on bet365 ... Unreal value !

Hurler on the Bitch

Milltown Row2

Aye lads throw up some links please
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

4father

Make sure you have pop-up blocker switched off

Milltown Row2

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

4father

Tis.  Enjoy.

MR2, well done to your club on the Dunloy result, i was over watching and yiz were great, have been very impressed with yiz all year!