Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiveItToTheShooters

If it wasn't already blatantly obvious, she is confirmed as the greatest athlete Ireland has ever produced. What a win! Amazing. Such heart she showed.

bannside

Wao that was sensational.

screenexile

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 01, 2022, 04:13:35 AM
If it wasn't already blatantly obvious, she is confirmed as the greatest athlete Ireland has ever produced. What a win! Amazing. Such heart she showed.

Rory tho??!!

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: screenexile on May 01, 2022, 04:21:59 AM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 01, 2022, 04:13:35 AM

Rory tho??!!
Rory  ;D ;D ;D

Milltown Row2

What is the standard though? It's a bit like womens rugby
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 01, 2022, 08:10:37 AM

Agreed.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

snoopdog

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 01, 2022, 08:23:24 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 01, 2022, 08:10:37 AM

Agreed.
Yeah depends on what the comparisons are. Are you comparing along side the likes of Roy Keane Liam Brady and George Best? Or individaul sports?  Sean Kelly . If you don't break a sweat it's it's game not a sport sorry golf and snooker.  ;D

laoislad

Well done Katie. Irelands greatest for sure.
Delighted for her.!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on May 01, 2022, 09:08:24 AM
Well done Katie. Irelands greatest female boxer for sure.
Delighted for her.!
Definitely.

Milltown Row2

Ireland greatest Irish woman boxer. If Katie wasn't boxing how many people will watch it from here?

Btw I think she's amazing but I'm not convinced on the sport being recognised as top class. I watched more of the Irish ladies rugby last night than I did of Katie's fight
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Well done Katie a special talent. Hopefully the rematch in Croke Park goes ahead, what an occasion that would be.

Captain Scarlet

Ah they have to bring her home to Croke Park.
You'd be looking at over 80,000 and a massive payday for her.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 01, 2022, 09:30:02 AM
Ireland greatest Irish woman boxer. If Katie wasn't boxing how many people will watch it from here?

Btw I think she's amazing but I'm not convinced on the sport being recognised as top class. I watched more of the Irish ladies rugby last night than I did of Katie's fight

It's a defining moment in woman's sport though. She's done a special thing and will go down in history. Great ever Irish sports person? I'm not so sure but she's definitely up there as the most influential ever.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on May 01, 2022, 10:19:38 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 01, 2022, 09:30:02 AM

It's a defining moment in woman's sport though. She's done a special thing and will go down in history. Great ever Irish sports person? I'm not so sure but she's definitely up there as the most influential ever.

I agree, and would be great if she was making good money to show for her efforts

nrico2006

Strange that she still hasn't went for the McCaskill rematch with the chance to be undisputed in two weights.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'