Name your three favourite songs by... [Nirvana]

Started by AustinPowers, November 30, 2023, 06:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

Quote from: AustinPowers on May 13, 2024, 06:03:09 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on May 13, 2024, 01:29:37 PMNot honestly sure I could pick 3 Nirvana songs I like without using the Unplugged album.

Loved Nevermind when it first came out, but Nirvana are just a little too raw, too intense for a soft old chap like me.

I do think  your music tastes  change as you  get older.  I was a big U2 fan but I  struggled to name   a top 3 for them.

No doubt. I'd have similar feelings about Led Zep and the Doors, who soundtracked my mid teen years. Love listening to Metallica's intros but can no longer take Hetfield's voice.

I find myself now pulling towards Neil Diamond and Kris Kristofferson. My younger self would hate me lol.

Itchy

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 13, 2024, 07:52:55 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on May 13, 2024, 01:29:37 PMNot honestly sure I could pick 3 Nirvana songs I like without using the Unplugged album.

Loved Nevermind when it first came out, but Nirvana are just a little too raw, too intense for a soft old chap like me.

Nevermind is a decent album. Bleach is by far their best tho

I dont think so, In Utero was their best for me.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: thewobbler on May 13, 2024, 10:42:55 PM

I do think  your music tastes  change as you  get older.  I was a big U2 fan but I  struggled to name   a top 3 for them.

I find myself now pulling towards Neil Diamond and Kris Kristofferson. My younger self would hate me lol.

Rightfully so!

Jell 0 Biafra

Not sure it changes so much as you just get bored with what you were once obsessed by.  Used to love The Pixies, The Police, The Stones, Bowie, Dylan (just to pick a few examples).  But I've heard all the songs too many times now, and, with a few exceptions, they've lost their ability to affect me.  I recognize that the music is still good, but I generally wouldn't choose to listen to any of the above.

AustinPowers

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on May 13, 2024, 10:50:41 PM

I do think  your music tastes  change as you  get older.  I was a big U2 fan but I  struggled to name  a top 3 for them.

Rightfully so!

;D  Indeed! Can't  abide Diamond, but that's for another day....

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AustinPowers on May 13, 2024, 10:59:37 PM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on May 13, 2024, 10:50:41 PM

I do think  your music tastes  change as you  get older.  I was a big U2 fan but I  struggled to name  a top 3 for them.

Rightfully so!

;D  Indeed! Can't  abide Diamond, but that's for another day....
Sweet Caroline has ruined it.

Jell 0 Biafra

Not a fan of Nirvana, but anyhow....

Like Austin, I'll go with two covers:

Teen spirit
Where did you sleep last night?
Rape me.