Commonwealth Games

Started by Eamonnca1, August 02, 2022, 11:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 04, 2022, 11:32:07 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 04, 2022, 10:18:45 AM
A bit behind the times, but what was the issue with the Northern Ireland gymnasts being banned before the games - some issue with them having represented more than one country?  How is that ay different than any other GB athlete who has represented GB at Olympic etc. yet represent their home nation at the Commonwealth games?

Fair play to your doll coming second in the Heptathlon and Wiffen also getting silver in swimming.

We are not in GB and any right thinking nationalist should not be representing a sectarian state glorifying a failed empire anyhow

Ok do we have representation at London? is this the road you are going down ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AustinPowers

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 04, 2022, 10:41:09 AM
Yeah and it's very unfair on the competing gymnasts too. I suspect some twat has made it onto some committee.

A twat on a committee. You don't  see that very often.

Rossfan

A bit behind the times, but what was the issue with the Northern Ireland gymnasts being banned before the games - some issue with them having represented more than one country?  How is that ay different than any other GB athlete who has represented GB at Olympic etc. yet represent their home nation at the Commonwealth games?

Fair play to your doll coming second in the Heptathlon and Wiffen also getting silver in swimming.

We are not in GB and any right thinking nationalist should not be representing a sectarian state glorifying a failed empire anyhow
Do you mean like being Ministers or MLAs and the like?⁸
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on August 04, 2022, 11:59:35 AM

Do you mean like being Ministers or MLAs and the like?⁸

I think he's trying to be a dick on the matter.. but I'll wait on his whatabout post
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Im not trying to be a dick.

We are in the UK not GB, its basic geography, nothing else in it.

On the representing NI-no nationalist should be doing that. We have been trying to dissolve that state since its inception. I am an Irish republican. Its a basic premise of that. So see  all these so called Irish people representing a failed british statelet in a competition that represents the rape and pillaging of all the wee countries its not for me. If Eastwood was in it hed be a stoop. Watery wishy washy nationalists. Only thing worse is the like of Paddy Barnes OBE and the likes. And see that Elisha McCallion wan.....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 04, 2022, 12:21:45 PM

On the representing NI-no nationalist should be doing that. We have been trying to dissolve that state since its inception. I am an Irish republican. Its a basic premise of that. So see  all these so called Irish people representing a failed british statelet in a competition that represents the rape and pillaging of all the wee countries its not for me. If Eastwood was in it hed be a stoop. Watery wishy washy nationalists. Only thing worse is the like of Paddy Barnes OBE and the likes. And see that Elisha McCallion wan.....

He is in it and that's was your sole purpose for your daft remarks about the games.. Glad you got it off your chest

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 04, 2022, 12:34:36 PM

He is in it and that's was your sole purpose for your daft remarks about the games.. Glad you got it off your chest

Taking up the javelin now has he?

Great to see you can read my mind, sure head you on over and get your wee NI flag going, ye know the one with the crown on it .

Give me a good answer to why a nationalist should partake?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 04, 2022, 12:40:38 PM

Great to see you can read my mind, sure head you on over and get your wee NI flag going, ye know the one with the crown on it .

No different to Derry native Martin O'Neill playing for NI, this is their life, they are sports people this is why they take up the sports to play in championships reach the top of their discipline.. you use the word nationalist, you know that? Have you been reading their mind?

So Ive answered your question, now did Mr Eastwood take the soup?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 04, 2022, 12:45:34 PM

No different to Derry native Martin O'Neill playing for NI, this is their life, they are sports people this is why they take up the sports to play in championships reach the top of their discipline.. you use the word nationalist, you know that? Have you been reading their mind?

Another sell out. He should have declared for Ireland. Who gives 2 monkies about eastwood, my point is we need consistency, if we criticise him we should be taking same approach to these games.

Anyhow im nominating you to kick off the Queens baton next time round

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen%27s_Baton_Relay

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 04, 2022, 12:55:12 PM

Another sell out. He should have declared for Ireland. Who gives 2 monkies about eastwood, my point is we need consistency, if we criticise him we should be taking same approach to these games.

You obviously care, so I'll ask you one more time, I answered yours, in fact mine is a simple yes or no..

And spare me the crap

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 04, 2022, 01:02:43 PM

You obviously care, so I'll ask you one more time, I answered yours, in fact mine is a simple yes or no..

And spare me the crap

Whats the question?

marty34

Ironically you use capital letters for ni, the failed statelet.

???

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 04, 2022, 01:34:02 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 04, 2022, 01:02:43 PM

And spare me the crap

Whats the question?

Yep, just as i thought

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: marty34 on August 04, 2022, 01:40:07 PM

Ironically you use capital letters for ni, the failed statelet.

???

Lol, back to school for you

screenexile

If Nationalists want to represent NI at the Commonwealth Games let them at it I say. Who is Fear or anyone else that matter to dictate what "nationalist" means?

It's not a zero sum game as can be seen from the polls in NI, the sectarian divide has become more of a spectrum and just because someone represents NI in sport doesn't stop them voting for SF or wanting a United Ireland no matter how much Fear seems to want that to be the case!