Commonwealth Games

Started by Eamonnca1, August 02, 2022, 11:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

As soon as I turned on the coverage McGlinchey was pulling himself out of a ditch. I wouldn't know too much about the local MTB scene, is Cameron Orr big stuff?  McGlinchey won the Irish Nationals a couple of weeks ago, maybe Orr rides under a GB Licence?

markl121

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 03, 2022, 12:24:59 PM
Quote from: markl121 on August 03, 2022, 12:20:05 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 03, 2022, 12:17:22 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 03, 2022, 09:53:14 AM
Chris McGlinchey goes in the MTB event this morning, he's a regular in the local & national road cycling scene. Live at 11am.

The NZ lads have the first two medals sorted lad Orr is trying to stay in for a bronze
Dirty scot attacked the two lads when taking a gel

Seen that lol.. ya gotta do what ya gotta do .. bit early to do it so be interesting to see how it goes, that hill looks horrible

Bitta karma for him
Karma. Not sure what mountain bike etiquette but in road racing its a bit oh s shit move to do

bennydorano

Sounds like Orr rides on a GB Licence ok

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 03, 2022, 09:43:17 AM
Two guys with GAA backgrounds up today.

Jude Gallagher from Newtownstewart at 7pm in the boxing QF.
Nick Griggs from Brackaville in the U20 world athletics later too. I think in 3000m at 3pm.

Be playing for NI and singing GSTQ next. Naw does not sit well with me at all, they must be "stoops" are they lol according to GAA board

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

bennydorano

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 03, 2022, 12:48:34 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 03, 2022, 12:41:01 PM
Sounds like Orr rides on a GB Licence ok

But we are not in GB
He probably lives in GB, but a cyclist in NI can affiliate to Cycling Ireland or get a UK licence. Its been a while since I looked info about it,  clubs in NI generally affiliate to Cycling Ireland but individuals can get a UK licence. Open to correction

imtommygunn

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 03, 2022, 12:47:59 PM

Nick Griggs from Brackaville in the U20 world athletics later too. I think in 3000m at 3pm.

Be playing for NI and singing GSTQ next. Naw does not sit well with me at all, they must be "stoops" are they lol according to GAA board

Griggs is running for Ireland.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 03, 2022, 02:06:57 PM

To be fair it used to be Danny Boy played at commonwealth, not sure these days, but you are still recognising a failed colonial entity(who pillaged all around them) by taking part and who have The Queen at its head. Stoops id say

johnnycool

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 03, 2022, 02:26:40 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 03, 2022, 02:06:57 PM

To be fair it used to be Danny Boy played at commonwealth, not sure these days, but you are still recognising a failed colonial entity(who pillaged all around them) by taking part and who have The Queen at its head. Stoops id say

England not using GSTQ as an anthem in Birmingham, I think it's Jerusalem.

Wonder what NI will use!!!

imtommygunn

Downtown Baghdad was what I think fox news called birmingham...

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 03, 2022, 02:50:20 PM
Downtown Baghdad was what I think fox news called birmingham...

considering the mess they (The US) left Baghdad in they'd be better shutting their gobs..

;)

imtommygunn

Griggs through to the final - happy days.

8:08 so capable of a lot more however it's only qualifying.

A medal would be a stretch but this guy is the best Irish runner to appear in years - here's hoping.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 03, 2022, 03:23:45 PM

A medal would be a stretch but this guy is the best Irish runner to appear in years - here's hoping.

He basically jogged the last lap as he was so clear in 4th. With 6 going through he didn't need to push himself
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 03, 2022, 04:01:40 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 03, 2022, 03:23:45 PM

He basically jogged the last lap as he was so clear in 4th. With 6 going through he didn't need to push himself

Stoop

imtommygunn

There's crossover on this thread. He was running for Ireland...