Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 16, 2014, 03:28:15 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 16, 2014, 03:25:29 PM
Disappointing Bertie is out. While I love watching the tour de france the last few years have been too easy for the winners though sky seem to reckon your man(who's name escapes me) could have a good stab at winning it on the longer mountain stages. (Richie?)

Hopefully Roche can do it.

The Irish guy in the triathlon was leading coming of the bike so he must be handy enough at cycling too though it was the sprint triathlon. Still not to shabby.

Yes La Vuelta looks to be where it is at.

??

Richie Porte? Hopefully not.........

Shaw? Not sure I'll look it up but I noticed that also. Some feat to be leading at that stage in fairness, against some cracking Tri sprinters. Brilliant race

edit: Ben Shaw it is, 54 minutes he finished in

http://www.triathlon.org/results/result/2014_itu_world_triathlon_hamburg/264385
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

A 16:10 5k wouldn't really cut it against those boys unfortunately.

Team sprint really was great viewing. The individual event itself was good too. The Brownlees brothers are likeable sorts so you find yourself wanting them to win.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 16, 2014, 03:39:55 PM
A 16:10 5k wouldn't really cut it against those boys unfortunately.

Team sprint really was great viewing. The individual event itself was good too. The Brownlees brothers are likeable sorts so you find yourself wanting them to win.

Aye was looking at that time, those lads are serious sprinting the whole way, Brownlee was out on his feet at the death, its been a great series. Thought the Brownlee's had slumped a bit in form but bounced back. Reid from Ireland also doing well, needs to get more promotion though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

illdecide

Guys can anyone post up any links to a website for cycling gear that I can buy cheap replica gear (shoes, shorts and tops etc) and also for parts for bikes (pedals,forks etc)...thanks.

Went out last night with proper cyclists and done about 38 mile and it nearly killed me, I thought I was in reasonable shape but now I know I'm not. One of the guys stopped for a piss about 28 miles in and I didn't know if I had to shit myself or throw up and my legs were like jelly but I made it home anyway. I found out this evening that they were going rightly ( his words) the longest I've cycled before was 55 miles but it didn't feel as hard or bad as last nights 38 mile.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Milltown Row2

Quote from: illdecide on July 17, 2014, 12:33:36 AM
Guys can anyone post up any links to a website for cycling gear that I can buy cheap replica gear (shoes, shorts and tops etc) and also for parts for bikes (pedals,forks etc)...thanks.

Went out last night with proper cyclists and done about 38 mile and it nearly killed me, I thought I was in reasonable shape but now I know I'm not. One of the guys stopped for a piss about 28 miles in and I didn't know if I had to shit myself or throw up and my legs were like jelly but I made it home anyway. I found out this evening that they were going rightly ( his words) the longest I've cycled before was 55 miles but it didn't feel as hard or bad as last nights 38 mile.

If you are on facebook there is a great site for ones selling second hand gear which seems great. punch this into your facebook page, all local enough stuff   Buy and Sell (Cyclist only)

Mayo4Sam

I use www.roseversand.de for cycling components, they do good deals on top stuff, any gear I've ever gotten off them has been good.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Last Man

Its not supposed to get any easier, just faster. The fact you hung in shows you've the head for it if not the gear ;D.
You just have to browse them all to get the deals, right time, right place, right size.

JimStynes

XXL in Italian cycling gear for yourself!!

illdecide

Quote from: JimStynes on July 17, 2014, 04:27:57 PM

Lol...funny bastid :) anyway u make sure u cover that big dome during that sunny spell...don't want the glare from the sun bouncing of your head blinding other cyclists ;-)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

LeoMc

Quote from: Last Man on July 17, 2014, 03:45:43 PM

Its not supposed to get any easier, just faster. The fact you hung in shows you've the head for it if not the gear ;D.
You just have to browse them all to get the deals, right time, right place, right size.
Wiggle and Chain reaction would be the main ones I use but keep an eye out for the Lidl stuff too. Their shoes, under shirts, gloves and wireless cycle computers are all grand

JimStynes

Quote from: illdecide on July 17, 2014, 06:48:23 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on July 17, 2014, 04:27:57 PM

Lol...funny bastid :) anyway u make sure u cover that big dome during that sunny spell...don't want the glare from the sun bouncing of your head blinding other cyclists ;-)

Haha got the head all covered don't worry! Honestly though, any Italian makes are ridiculously small! Not made for a big strapping centre half back like yourself! Join strava cycling app then add the Gaaboard group.

gerry

> so much for sky's plan B

> tour is over, roll on the vuelta

> is nibali on the juice or are the rest of them that poor

> hopefully nico can get up the road and get a stage

> will the schleck boys be working in halfords this time next year

> who taught talansky how to ride a bike

> will sagan every get a stage win

> need more posters on strava to put a few fast boys under pressure

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: gerry on July 18, 2014, 11:29:11 PM
> so much for sky's plan B

> tour is over, roll on the vuelta

> is nibali on the juice or are the rest of them that poor

> hopefully nico can get up the road and get a stage

> will the schleck boys be working in halfords this time next year

> who taught talansky how to ride a bike

> will sagan every get a stage win

> need more posters on strava to put a few fast boys under

Hopefully
http://gifsoup.com/view/3895484/peter-sagan.html
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

JimStynes

Ive a bad knee this past 2 weeks so my strava times and miles have been down but Im coming after you boys!!

Did anyone think Talansky was putting it on a bit for the cameras and trying his best to go for the heroic story! The yanks love that sort of stuff. No doubt he was sore but crying at the end and saying he did it for his team mates etc  Maybe I'm just grumpy.

Pity Quintana didn't enter the tour, although he would have probably have ended up in a pile along with the other top GC men.

Anybody fancy doing the La Marmotte next year?

gerry

> i think garmin where wrong in making him ride on, when they knew he wouldn't start the next morning.  i loved the fake tears, he probable thought he had a chance after he won the dauphine

> fair play to anyone who rides  the la marmotte in one day, i rode it last year but not all in one day.  hopefully there is a group of us heading out to the tour next year to cycle a few hills

> quintanna and froome head to head should be good but i think quintanna has the beating of him

> sky very quiet on JTL doping, is it to easy to say it didn't happen on their watch

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,