Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Where is a good place to train for climbing? Spelga is closest to me but it would have to be repeats. Taking a stone or 2 off would probably help as well i suppose  >:(

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on January 14, 2014, 09:33:08 PM
Where is a good place to train for climbing? Spelga is closest to me but it would have to be repeats. Taking a stone or 2 off would probably help as well i suppose  >:(

Christ you're worse than me for doing all different sports lol.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 14, 2014, 10:01:31 PM

Swim, bike and run!! No climbing yet  ::)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on January 14, 2014, 10:17:13 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 14, 2014, 10:01:31 PM

Swim, bike and run!! No climbing yet  ::)

Was climbing the walls over Xmas, 2 weeks of was a bummer ffs :P
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

get those sufferfest videos and get on the turbo when its icy. sweat pissing off you and you don't see the hour or so going in.

gerry

It hard to get the motivation to go out when it's cold and wet. Done 40 mile  today that felt like 60
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Mayo4Sam

Its the feeling of being out and getting the hard miles done when the soft f**kers are inside!
Cant beat that kinda training, even mentally
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

gerry

Winter miles equals summer smiles

bennydorano

Got out today myself, the lovely mild day forecast didn't quite materialise in these parts.

I've a set of bathroom scales that weigh differently depending on the surface. They normally sit in a carpeted bedroom & that's the weight i would say i am, I happened to take them into the (tiled) bathroom & was a full 4lb lighter, i took them into a different bedroom (wooden floor) & the same weight as the bathroom, took them to a different (carpet) bedroom & back up 4lb.

They aren't the dearest scales in the world, but what surface would give the truest reflection? I was obviously delighted with the hard surface version & it's my new claimed weight  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on January 15, 2014, 06:09:45 PM
Got out today myself, the lovely mild day forecast didn't quite materialise in these parts.

I've a set of bathroom scales that weigh differently depending on the surface. They normally sit in a carpeted bedroom & that's the weight i would say i am, I happened to take them into the (tiled) bathroom & was a full 4lb lighter, i took them into a different bedroom (wooden floor) & the same weight as the bathroom, took them to a different (carpet) bedroom & back up 4lb.

They aren't the dearest scales in the world, but what surface would give the truest reflection? I was obviously delighted with the hard surface version & it's my new claimed weight  ;D
Always a hard level floor. But you should just keep it in the same place all the time regardless, that will give you the weight you've lost or put on each time you stand on the scales

bennydorano

Double chinkers tonight to celebrate!

LeoMc

Quote from: bennydorano on January 15, 2014, 07:39:20 PM
Double chinkers tonight to celebrate!
That will get you back on the bathroom floor anyway.

JimStynes

Out again this weekend. 40 mile yesterday and 35 today. Completely soaked to the skin yesterday as well!! The pace isn't quick but glad to be getting some miles in at this time of year.

gerry

Just back from 40 myself at 17mph average but got dropped on nearly every hill.  First time out in a long time with no rain or wind beating at me

JimStynes

Quote from: gerry on January 19, 2014, 02:00:36 PM
Just back from 40 myself at 17mph average but got dropped on nearly every hill.  First time out in a long time with no rain or wind beating at me

Thats good going. We were only going along around 14.5/15 average today. My uncle is 63 and he's out cycle with us every week!! Just got himself a 2012 fuji team edition bike as well to add to his collection.  £3k reduced from £6k.