Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 07, 2014, 04:18:23 PM
Yes - comes out of gross pay which is where you see the benefit.

right so, might have to avail then

any thoughts on this yolk, although I don't envisage paying anywhere near full whack for it?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_918473_langId_-1_categoryId_289005

JimStynes

Quote from: johnneycool on January 07, 2014, 04:24:15 PM

any thoughts on this yolk, although I don't envisage paying anywhere near full whack for it?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_918473_langId_-1_categoryId_289005

Theres far better deals around at the minute. What height are you?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on January 07, 2014, 05:38:31 PM

One of these would be up his street

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151

That's a good  deal, a full Carbon set up with a Tiagra standard spec for under 1K would have been hard found a year  or two ago. The really good deals on ikes only seem to be only available if you're either under 5ft or over 6.5ft. (or a company cant shift their stock).

Last Spring I got a Ribble 365 winter carbon with a Tiagra standard spec (was also available in Campagnolo Veloce for same ££) for just under 1K - cost to me under cycle to work scheme is around £670

If you know what you are at the Ribble (& Dolan) Bikebuilder websites are great value.

bennydorano

Just to contradict myself! Here's a £700 carbon bike, with a Sora standard spec. With the cycle to work scheme that would be some deal! Available in various sizes, no idea if they are a good bike, though i've read decent reviews.

http://www.rutlandcycling.com/162745/products/mekk-poggio-1-5-2014-road-bike---3k-white.aspx

orangeman

I didn't know whether to put this is in the WTF thread or the cycling one - did you lads happen to see anybody like this round Tallaght recently ?

Erectile dysfunction are two words most men shudder at the thought of – but an even scarier prospect is when an erection lasts for five weeks.

That was the case for one young man who attended a Dublin hospital after a bike injury.

The 22-year-old mountain biker's unfortunate ailment, known as priapism, was caused when he sustained a straddle injury on the crossbar of his bike that resulted in an irregular blood flow to his penis.

A cyclist had an erection for five weeks after injuring himself on the crossbar of his bike (stock picture)

The man did not attend Tallaght Hospital until five weeks after sustaining the injury and medics reported that the initial examination 'revealed no signs of injury, but penis was erect'.

A doctor who treated the man said that intercourse would have been 'possible, but painful' for the man during his ordeal.

According to the Irish Examiner, Dr Ronan Browne, Consultant Intervention radiologist at Tallaght Hospital, said: 'It was an anxious time for the patient as it would be for any young man.'

The man did not attend Tallaght Hospital (pictured) until five weeks after sustaining the injury

A report in the Irish Medical Journal into the treatment of the man stated the unnamed patient's 'rigid erection' could have caused a blood clot if it had not been treated.

After several different treatments, the man's swelling finally subsided when doctors inserted gel foam and four tiny platinum coils at an abnormal connection between an artery and a vein that supplied blood to the man's penis.

This reduced the 'high flow' blood supply to his member. - Daily Mail

johnneycool

Quote from: JimStynes on January 07, 2014, 05:38:31 PM

6'00"

That link isn't working Jimmy...

Mayo4Sam

Great weather for cycling last weekend, managed 100k Saturday and Sunday, two good sessions. Hopefully this frosty patch will clear up by the weekend
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

bennydorano

Yer hole, stayed in bed Saturday morning because of frost, got drowned doing 45m on Sunday. :P I've had 2 spills recently, 1 nasty enough, sunday was my 4th outing in 2 months ffs. Roll on the Spring.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 14, 2014, 02:40:39 PM
Great weather for cycling last weekend, managed 100k Saturday and Sunday, two good sessions. Hopefully this frosty patch will clear up by the weekend

Just shows you the difference between people who run and cycle, able to do 100k cycle and unable to do 10k run. I'd struggle to do that distance on the bike but would find 10k a breeze
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mayo4Sam

Ah I could manage the 10k, its more that I'd want to be breaking the 40 for it and I'm not sure I'll be in that kinda shape

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 14, 2014, 03:13:33 PM
Ah I could manage the 10k, its more that I'd want to be breaking the 40 for it and I'm not sure I'll be in that kinda shape

Breaking 40 would be superb ffs

Mayo4Sam

I dont like to be going backwards! I did one last July under 40 and I'd like to beat that

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 14, 2014, 04:18:06 PM
I dont like to be going backwards! I did one last July under 40 and I'd like to beat that

I'd be chuffed with 42, that's my target, wee bit off it at the minute for some reason, though the route I do is very hilly, will pick a flat-ish one maybe at the weekend though I'm out both nights, wee bro heading back to Oz so couple of send off's before he goes