Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robertemmet

a reminder to cyclists in the Derry/Antrim/Tyrone area of our sportive on 9/10/2011

http://www.carnwheelers.co.uk/news/details/?id=287

Also on the look out for a mountain bike (size 21inch frame - hydralic brakes).  Any for sale PM me.

gerry

Any of you go to spinning classes. Went to my first on tuseday night and I never sweated as much in a hour,
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

cavan4sam

Yea I went spinning last year for a while and started back for the winter on Wednesday night, its a great workout even if half of you if left on the floor afterwards! Back again tonight for more punishment.

Milltown Row2

The road to Croke began 4 hours ago for the 40 odd lads from St Galls. Heading down to Croke Park to raise money for the club. They are staying in the Stillorgan Park Hotel and heading to the sevens in Kilmacud (they will be the guys walking like cowboys).

So I hope they make it without any problems. For some of the lads this will be a massive achievement. I'm actually jealous that they will have done this :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bingo

Fair play to them, absolute horrible day here in the north east - dark and wet. Not too windy, so that will help at least.

bennydorano

30 of us for Donegal town tomorrow from Armagh on a fundraiser for the club.  Weather looking pish :-[

Spin classes contributed to my knee trouble, not a fan.

Milltown Row2

Lads and lassies all made. fair fcuks to them
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

I did 43 mile yesterday (but had to walk up a mother of a hill in a place called Glenoe).

Do you think I could do 53 mile next Sunday?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tyrones own

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 13, 2011, 08:08:15 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 13, 2011, 06:37:03 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on September 13, 2011, 04:54:29 AM
Just curious, what noise do carbon wheels make ???

It's a bit hard to describe. Go along to a criterium some day and you'll see what I mean.
I go to a lot of them and don't know what you mean...that's why I asked.
I know your a busy man keeping up with all these forums Eamonn but if you wouldn't mind getting to this for me,
when you have a minute that is, I have both type wheels for my bike and am seriously interested in knowing what
it is exactly I'm missing?
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

bennydorano

Tony Martin won the TT at the worlds today in Conpenhagen, Wiggins  2nd & Cancellara 3rd. Changing of the guard there.

Eamonnca1

Deep section carbon rims make a very noticeable rumbling noise that metal rims don't.  If you can't spot the noise then I really don't know what else to tell you.

Tyrones own

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 21, 2011, 06:47:43 PM
Deep section carbon rims make a very noticeable rumbling noise that metal rims don't.  If you can't spot the noise then I really don't know what else to tell you.
Ah... That's better!
  - Walter Lippmann

Eamonnca1

So you knew rightly what I was talking about all along, didn't you, you obtuse little twerp?  ::)

Tyrones own

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 23, 2011, 06:28:24 PM
So you knew rightly what I was talking about all along, didn't you, you obtuse little twerp?  ::)
No not really...not everyone uses deep section rims, I simply asked you because my regular "carbon rims" don't make a different noise than my other cheaper ones.
And hows about this for an idea....why not keep the personal insults to yourself until such times as we run into one another!
  - Walter Lippmann

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 23, 2011, 06:45:56 PM
....why not keep the personal insults to yourself until such times as we run into one another!

Oh I'll have plenty gathered up by then, don't you worry!