Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on January 08, 2017, 04:25:52 PM
Pretty shite match today there. Some of the Tryone men on the St. Mary's team are on a different level. I thought Glenavy did a great job of hosting as well.

Any of your lads get on the team?? Possibly not because of their Ulster exploits
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Galer

Anyone play well or show promise?

Galer

Think pj there headin div3

paddyjohn

Quote from: Galer on January 08, 2017, 11:09:48 PM

Not so sure, people thought that last year and they ended up going well in the 2nd half of the league. I'd say the 2 that came up will be the 2 that go down.

Rasharkin Gael

2nd half of Antrim game was very entertaining, some excellent scores from both teams. Conor Hamill , delargy and Niblock were the pick of the Antrim players, with Conor Myler, Cathal McShane and Kieran McGeary all excellent for the Ranch. I thought it was a good enough game for the start of January. We failed to get to grip with the powerful running of Myler which cased us huge problems. A lot of frees missed was a concern. We looked a lot better after the introduction of Tomas and paddy McBride. Same problems keep raising their heads though, very slow and ponderous turning defence into attack, soft down the middle of defence and slow to react to situations on the field.

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 08, 2017, 07:34:23 PM
Pretty shite match today there. Some of the Tryone men on the St. Mary's team are on a different level. I thought Glenavy did a great job of hosting as well.

Any of your lads get on the team?? Possibly not because of their Ulster exploits

4 named on the panel. Lenehan and McCann both started, Eunan Walsh came on in the second half.

Hectic

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 08, 2017, 11:55:00 PM

Not so sure, people thought that last year and they ended up going well in the 2nd half of the league. I'd say the 2 that came up will be the 2 that go down.

Agree  -while the two that went down will prob be straight back up.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hectic on January 09, 2017, 11:43:48 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on January 08, 2017, 11:55:00 PM

Agree  -while the two that went down will prob be straight back up.

You would think that Glenravel and Sarsfields would come up but I'm St Malachys, O'Donnells and St Agnes will have alot to say about that.

themac_23

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 09, 2017, 01:42:48 PM
Quote from: Hectic on January 09, 2017, 01:39:35 PM
They might but before league reconstruction you were generally looking at 2 from 4 in that division. Now you are looking at 2 from 2 in my opinion. No disrespect to the rest but if Glenravel and Sarsfields cannot get back up they might as well forget about it.

Aye, I'd agree 100% with that. Both teams should be 2 strong for that league.

would tend to agree, tell you who are a club on an upward curve, Lisburn. Could see them push on in the next few years to be a good div 2 club.

Cant see Ardoyne getting relegated from Div 2 this year, good group of players and decent momentum from last year. could see them emulating Davitts this year with a good place finish.

paddyjohn

Quote from: themac_23 on January 09, 2017, 02:11:56 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on January 09, 2017, 01:42:48 PM
Quote from: Hectic on January 09, 2017, 01:39:35 PM
They might but before league reconstruction you were generally looking at 2 from 4 in that division. Now you are looking at 2 from 2 in my opinion. No disrespect to the rest but if Glenravel and Sarsfields cannot get back up they might as well forget about it.

Aye, I'd agree 100% with that. Both teams should be 2 strong for that league.

would tend to agree, tell you who are a club on an upward curve, Lisburn. Could see them push on in the next few years to be a good div 2 club.

Cant see Ardoyne getting relegated from Div 2 this year, good group of players and decent momentum from last year. could see them emulating Davitts this year with a good place finish.

Always wondered about Lisburn, knew that they done serious work at underage.

Who will come down from Div2 in your opinion?

Galer

Div 2 standard is slipping but rkiran r not producing anyone.can only think of 1 decent player that has came through in the last 3 years once the old hands go thats it for them look a glenravel how much trouble they have getting back to where they were with  some good players

bogball88

Quote from: stiffler on January 05, 2017, 08:30:46 PM
Any players moving between clubs before the new season ?

Thought I was in the January Transfer Window thread there for a while

bogieman

Good match for st Mary's, best team won. Myler great to watch. Antrim flattered the HT and FT scoreboard with the goals.

The pitch was in quare order, maybe the best in Antrim at this time of year.

The cutts car films are a trilogy
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

Rasharkin Gael

Wow, that is some player contract St Brigids have, leaked on Twitter yesterday, im all for player commitment but that's just ridiculous in n amateur game.

haranguerer

Its dublin, and its a load of bollocks. The issue is exactly that it is whats expected in lot of places, just when you see it written down in black and white you realise what a load of absolute bollocks it is.