Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: haranguerer on January 10, 2017, 09:01:03 AM
Its dublin, and its a load of bollocks. The issue is exactly that it is whats expected in lot of places, just when you see it written down in black and white you realise what a load of absolute bollocks it is.

I've heard tell of a manager of a Div2 Antrim club team handing out fines to players about content on the teams whatsapp group, and if they didn't pay the said fine, they didn't play.

Na Glinntí Glasa

most of that stuff isn't unusual for teams to do but ive never seen it on paper to be signed by a player.

i think its been blown out of proportion on social media because plenty of teams have rules laid out for the year ahead for what time training starts, what time you need to be there, wear club gear etc etc. It just looks bad with the player having to sign the thing at the bottom and people are saying its a 'contract'.
hurl like f**k boi!

bogieman

Quote from: haranguerer on January 10, 2017, 09:01:03 AM
Its dublin, and its a load of bollocks. The issue is exactly that it is whats expected in lot of places, just when you see it written down in black and white you realise what a load of absolute bollocks it is.

It is an Lob.

All any senior club team wants is a good corporate structure, tactical management, willing teammates, juvenile player development, billiard field preparation, snazzy rigs and halfzips, matchday nutrition and a vocal crowd

I have this one sussed...
All a club want from a player is commitment, loyalty and hard work.

Fines should be limited to:
Committee members not selling fixed quota of lotto tickets
Any player or referee being late
Goalkeeper not keeping clean sheets
Defense not blocking shots
Midfielders not catching
Offense not scoring quota
Any player who puts the sliotar out of the ground - or the ball
Tea ladies presenting cold tea and soggy sandwiches
Kit lady not using lenor
Pitch lines not being straight
Water boys running out of water
Referee for each wrong decision
Umpires when wrongly biased
Linesmen if the don't keep the other coaches in check
Facilities man if showers too hot
Chairman if sponsor doesn't throw enough subs into the stand
Scor committee if no halftime entertainment
Manager for not giving post match summary in the stand
Any supporter rubbishing the team or criticising any official

Supporters get free entry if no stand

PS Load of bollocks

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/gaa-club-asks-team-sign-contract-view-children/108944?utm_content=buffer95086&utm_medium=Social+organic&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

Na Glinntí Glasa

;D love this piss take on it lol

hurl like f**k boi!

themac_23

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 09, 2017, 02:20:01 PM
Quote from: themac_23 on January 09, 2017, 02:11:56 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on January 09, 2017, 01:42:48 PM
Quote from: Hectic on January 09, 2017, 01:39:35 PM
They might but before league reconstruction you were generally looking at 2 from 4 in that division. Now you are looking at 2 from 2 in my opinion. No disrespect to the rest but if Glenravel and Sarsfields cannot get back up they might as well forget about it.

Aye, I'd agree 100% with that. Both teams should be 2 strong for that league.

would tend to agree, tell you who are a club on an upward curve, Lisburn. Could see them push on in the next few years to be a good div 2 club.

Cant see Ardoyne getting relegated from Div 2 this year, good group of players and decent momentum from last year. could see them emulating Davitts this year with a good place finish.

Always wondered about Lisburn, knew that they done serious work at underage.

Who will come down from Div2 in your opinion?

Could be tight at the bottom of Div 2 i think PJ, think Antrim may struggle coming up a step, seen them a few times last year think at the start of the year they had a few problems but finished well. not even close to Ardoyne who also came up so think they'll struggle.

the other team i think will take the drop would be Rasharkin, think they're playing a waiting game, not much coming through from the few times I've seen them.

paddyjohn

Quote from: themac_23 on January 11, 2017, 02:58:06 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on January 09, 2017, 02:20:01 PM
Quote from: themac_23 on January 09, 2017, 02:11:56 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on January 09, 2017, 01:42:48 PM
Quote from: Hectic on January 09, 2017, 01:39:35 PM
They might but before league reconstruction you were generally looking at 2 from 4 in that division. Now you are looking at 2 from 2 in my opinion. No disrespect to the rest but if Glenravel and Sarsfields cannot get back up they might as well forget about it.

Aye, I'd agree 100% with that. Both teams should be 2 strong for that league.

would tend to agree, tell you who are a club on an upward curve, Lisburn. Could see them push on in the next few years to be a good div 2 club.

Cant see Ardoyne getting relegated from Div 2 this year, good group of players and decent momentum from last year. could see them emulating Davitts this year with a good place finish.

Always wondered about Lisburn, knew that they done serious work at underage.

Who will come down from Div2 in your opinion?

Could be tight at the bottom of Div 2 i think PJ, think Antrim may struggle coming up a step, seen them a few times last year think at the start of the year they had a few problems but finished well. not even close to Ardoyne who also came up so think they'll struggle.

the other team i think will take the drop would be Rasharkin, think they're playing a waiting game, not much coming through from the few times I've seen them.

Hard to argue with any of that to be honest. Agree that Antrim will struggle, but its great for them to be playing Div2 football. Ardoyne could cause a suprise or 2.

Na Glinntí Glasa

rasharkin had no minor team last season and im not sure if they have one this season. They could struggle in the years to come like what we did until it becomes more stable and they can field at every grade each week.
hurl like f**k boi!

Rasharkin Gael

Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 11, 2017, 03:38:07 PM
rasharkin had no minor team last season and im not sure if they have one this season. They could struggle in the years to come like what we did until it becomes more stable and they can field at every grade each week.

We have a Minor team this year.

Na Glinntí Glasa

good to hear. I would of been shocked if they hadnt one what with you having a decent U16 team last season. Will then hurling still struggling as bad do you think this year again RG?
hurl like f**k boi!

Rasharkin Gael

As you know we have some fine juvenile hurlers, just don't have the numbers interested to field teams at the moment. Some lads sanctioned last year to Dunloy, but we are in the middle of discussions at present with other clubs over forming an amalgamation at Juvenile hurling level, see what comes from that.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Rasharkin Gael on January 13, 2017, 01:35:26 PM
As you know we have some fine juvenile hurlers, just don't have the numbers interested to field teams at the moment. Some lads sanctioned last year to Dunloy, but we are in the middle of discussions at present with other clubs over forming an amalgamation at Juvenile hurling level, see what comes from that.

What clubs or can u say?

Galer

Some day forthe footballers and hurlers i know its only january and trying new things but i have a feeling its going to b a long year

country bumpkin

Quote from: Galer on January 15, 2017, 04:15:32 PM
Some day forthe footballers and hurlers i know its only january and trying new things but i have a feeling its going to b a long year
What a sad day up at Glenavy Galer.........little to recommend the new boys and hard to be optimistic......but seems the visionaries are not t all interested in the football.....looked around and did not see one of those who had the Saffron Vision at either Mc Kenna cup game... ???

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on January 15, 2017, 07:50:09 PM
Quote from: Galer on January 15, 2017, 04:15:32 PM
What a sad day up at Glenavy Galer.........little to recommend the new boys and hard to be optimistic......but seems the visionaries are not t all interested in the football.....looked around and did not see one of those who had the Saffron Vision at either Mc Kenna cup game... ???

If they were there would we have played any better?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Galer

Prob because the management are one of the last reminders of the previous era.J.Murrays last cruel joke on antrim football.no offence to the 2 men.Good honest county men