Port Lairge v Tiobraid Arainn

Started by AZOffaly, August 13, 2008, 06:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

It was exciting stuff - very tense - should make for a decent final !

The Real Laoislad

Didn't think Waterford had it in them..Fair play to them
Great game too
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Rossfan

Fantastic excitement and anyone's game but Waterford probably were more desperate for an All Ireland appearance and scraped home.
Wonderful entertainment and dont even think of comparing a game like this to a bunch of posing billionaires strutting around a soccer pitch.
The last sentence specially for the Laois gasún. :)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Rossfan on August 17, 2008, 08:52:14 PM
Fantastic excitement and anyone's game but Waterford probably were more desperate for an All Ireland appearance and scraped home.
Wonderful entertainment and dont even think of comparing a game like this to a bunch of posing billionaires strutting around a soccer pitch.

It was far better than any Gaelic Football match too
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Excellent game this afternoon. Congratulations to Waterford and good luck in the final against the mighty Kilkenny.
Testing Accessibility

Rossfan

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 17, 2008, 08:56:39 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 17, 2008, 08:52:14 PM

It was far better than any Gaelic Football match too
With the obvious exception of the 2006 Minor Finals, not forgetting the 1943,1944 and 2005 Senior finals
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

zoyler

Don't know where Orangeman got that notion.  Throughout I thought that Tipp got their frees much easier and on several occasions Waterford had vey clear frees not given - e,g, Eoin Kelly under the corner ofthe Hogan and Canal eend late on.  Also the tics and yellow cards were given out much quicker and freely to the Decies.  How many times was Mullane held and not a tic or card to be seen.  THank God for the right result anyway

thejuice

What a game. Full blooded but not many dirty strokes. It was tit for tat right up till the last 3 minutes after Waterfords strong start. Tipp will get their day in the sun yet, It was Waterfords time, this team deserves an All-Ireland final appearance at the least.

But I just dont know if they can live with killkenny. but I'll be cheering them all the way.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

orangeman

What do you all make of this jumping around and putting the hurl up to the crowd ?? Eoin Mc Grath did it yesterday as well.

By the way, I thought Eoin Mc Grath was a disgrace yesterday, feigning injury and lying down. He bought frees early on yesterday.

I really hope that Eoin stops this auld shite of lying down. One time in particular he lay down and you'd have thought he was shot - the referee went over to hom and told him to get up - without even the aid of a sponge, he jumped up and ran on !! The referee must have had healing hands !!  ;D ;D ;D

The Waterford corner back after being hit by Crobett, you can see on the replays, had a look round to see what the reaction was - somebody obviously told him to lie down and he seemed to pass out !!!  ;D ;D ;D

Davy Fitz runs in and shows the referee that his man is nearly dead and is appealing for a red card !!! This is one part of Waterford's play yesterday that I was very surprised at - even more surprised that it came from Davy Fitz !

AZOffaly

QuoteThe Waterford corner back after being hit by Crobett, you can see on the replays, had a look round to see what the reaction was - somebody obviously told him to lie down and he seemed to pass out !!!  Grin Grin Grin

That's harsh on Murphy orangeman. I think he look around to see what the f**k happened. And then he lay down because he was cut open. Corbett was lucky to stay on for that. I actually thought Eoin Murphy looked a bit groggy after that for about 10 minutes. He lost a couple of easy balls straight away, but he settled down again.

Great game to watch though, and I'm happy for Waterford. Justin McCarthy must be very conflicted because I think Davey is taking Justin's plan to fruition. If Davey had his way, he'd have been bursting in Munster, and then probably running out of steam against Tipp or Cork in a semi final or quarter final.

I think Justin planned the qualifier route all along, but he didn't sell the idea too well, obviously.

orangeman

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 18, 2008, 11:08:45 AM
QuoteThe Waterford corner back after being hit by Crobett, you can see on the replays, had a look round to see what the reaction was - somebody obviously told him to lie down and he seemed to pass out !!!  Grin Grin Grin

That's harsh on Murphy orangeman. I think he look around to see what the f**k happened. And then he lay down because he was cut open. Corbett was lucky to stay on for that. I actually thought Eoin Murphy looked a bit groggy after that for about 10 minutes. He lost a couple of easy balls straight away, but he settled down again.

Great game to watch though, and I'm happy for Waterford. Justin McCarthy must be very conflicted because I think Davey is taking Justin's plan to fruition. If Davey had his way, he'd have been bursting in Munster, and then probably running out of steam against Tipp or Cork in a semi final or quarter final.

I think Justin planned the qualifier route all along, but he didn't sell the idea too well, obviously.

Maybe so - you could well be right - but it looked suspicious to me -

What did you make of Mullane's breaking the stick over the corner back's knee ???

Should Mullane have been sent off ?

Minder

Agree AZ, they were castigated after their performance against Clare, and rightly so but a lot of people thought if they got a handy enough qualifier draw they could go deep into the summer. Waterford have peaked too many times in July and obviously the gamble has paid off, not for Mc Carthy though........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Mullane was lucky enough too. Very wild and reckless. The only mitigating point is that the ball was breaking around, and I'd say he got a blood rush to the head. A quick pull there would have been a goal, and I think Mullane was seeing the twines in his head..

orangeman

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 18, 2008, 11:17:20 AM
Mullane was lucky enough too. Very wild and reckless. The only mitigating point is that the ball was breaking around, and I'd say he got a blood rush to the head. A quick pull there would have been a goal, and I think Mullane was seeing the twines in his head..

He was lucky enough alright - he'd have been unfortunate to have missed the final.

thejuice

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/images/2008/0818/1218868020348_1.html

I usually only get oul lads clapping me on the back after games  ???

Was funny seeing the young lad on the field, hurl was bigger than he was. Apparently the party in Waterford went on till this morning according to a friend of mine and not many going to work today.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016