Laois Senior Football 2017

Started by Tony, October 14, 2016, 11:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

les Antiques

January has been certainly encouraging for Laois and Creedon bit it's still only January . I still think we are weak enough on the line . If we get a couple of injuries down the spine of the team ... I just don't see the adequate replacements there . We have blooded a few lads this January but realistically how many will start against Louth and then even more importantly in May . We are still relying on the same few lads and in fairness they wear there heart on their sleeves for Laois .
Great to have Booth  back particularly with Timmons out for the league .Moore is a lovely footballer but is he ready for the rough and tumble of inter county footbal . I think he will be eventually but not this year . Looking forward to the league , it will tell us a lot about this current set up . You can see that a lot more organisation and preparation during the winter has gone into this Laois compared to this time last year .

Zooming around

Quote from: les Antiques on January 18, 2017, 01:14:53 PM
Heard someone say last it was Kerry in Clomel . Could be off the mark though

It's Mayo in Athlone

Unlaoised

Yes Mayo in Athlone where I don't know! ,Playing Cork and an Ulster team in next few weeks as well.
LAOIS ABÚ

Don Draper

Much better options than Louth in the Byrne Cup, who we'll see soon enough.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Tony on January 18, 2017, 10:30:30 AM
Big man behind a keyboard.

I'll repeat : I have kids, an u-16 lad and an u-14 girl who tune into this forum occasionally as I'm sure there are others here too.

Out of respect I asked for the easy task of simply making your point without unnecessary language.

If you want to go ahead and act like you're a tough guy, a man not in control and who has no respect for younger viewers while hiding behind his keyboard, that's your choice. I simply asked out of respect.

You should probably turn off the internet, just to be safe.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Fair play to Creedon, they are the quality of challenge games you need. No point it hammering weaker teams and going into the league with a false sense of security, then losing to teams you should be beating.

Playing teams who should be beating you is much better for everyone, especially if you can pick up a few wins which I believe we are well capable of doing..
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Tony

Yeah agreed; playing higher standard teams improves the standard of your own team. If you play lower standard teams, they lower your level. Obviously it's just how it works. Unfortunately, that's why it's so important to be in Div 1 or Div 2 in the league if a team has any chance in the championship. It's great that we're playing Mayo, Cork etc. Creeden and co seem like a very pro active setup, just complete opposite to last year. Up to Saturday we were planning on playing the next game in O' Byrne cup but now all of a sudden we have organised 3 good games in the space of a few days. Last year we couldn't even find a suitable pitch to train in. At this point, I'd fancy our chances of getting top 2 in division 3, but as a previous poster said, it does depend on injuries as we don't particularly have strength in depth, especially with our backs. Right now we're bookies 3rd favourites behind tipp & armagh.

town1980

How did Tonight's practice match go against mayo  go???

les Antiques

Ok so playing Cork in Tipp next week .

Butch Cassidy

les Antiques

Laoisabu

Got hammered by mayo last night. Not sure of the score but they scored something like 3-21.

Unlaoised

Don't think it was a hammering Laois kicked 19 or 20 points as well...

Great game by all accounts!
LAOIS ABÚ

Don Draper

Quote from: Unlaoised on January 19, 2017, 09:57:28 AM

If Laois scored 19 or 20 points though, and Mayo scored 3-21 or so, that'd still be in the wheelhouse of a 10 or more point defeat.

Which to be fair, depending on the team Mayo has out, is about where we are right now I'd say.

Unlaoised

Quote from: Don Draper on January 19, 2017, 10:08:42 AM
Quote from: Unlaoised on January 19, 2017, 09:57:28 AM

If Laois scored 19 or 20 points though, and Mayo scored 3-21 or so, that'd still be in the wheelhouse of a 10 or more point defeat.

Which to be fair, depending on the team Mayo has out, is about where we are right now I'd say.

Mayo had a decent team out ...it's these sort of games where you learn things !!
LAOIS ABÚ