Laois Senior Football 2017

Started by Tony, October 14, 2016, 11:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Don Draper on January 17, 2017, 09:04:38 PM
That effing pick up.

Quote from: Don Draper on January 17, 2017, 10:54:48 PM
Fook sake, I've only gone and watched the U21 final highlights as well, now I'm really pissed off.

Ah come on now!! You are taking the f**cking urine now.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: Unlaoised on January 17, 2017, 05:22:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY1R85jqPjs

Never been as sick as I was that day ....some terrible calls against Laois....

We had some support back then listen to the roars as we score!!

Not shown was that before the goal, Whelan got the ball earlier in the move, out on the sideline. Higgins turned the wrong way first and Whelan got a run on him. If Higgins had met him right and pulled him down, that would have been that.

The pick-up is typical of the calls Dublin have got against us.

Remember the finish to 2005? The foul not given before the non-free against Derek Conroy, the dive by Senan whathisface and the 45, when it should have been a free out.

Don Draper

Quote from: Keyser Söze on January 17, 2017, 11:59:42 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on January 17, 2017, 09:04:38 PM
That effing pick up.

Quote from: Don Draper on January 17, 2017, 10:54:48 PM
Fook sake, I've only gone and watched the U21 final highlights as well, now I'm really pissed off.

Ah come on now!! You are taking the f**cking urine now.
You can't expect any man with a soul not to fup and blind after being subjected to recalling those two defeats again.

Tony

Big man behind a keyboard.

I'll repeat : I have kids, an u-16 lad and an u-14 girl who tune into this forum occasionally as I'm sure there are others here too.

Out of respect I asked for the easy task of simply making your point without unnecessary language.

If you want to go ahead and act like you're a tough guy, a man not in control and who has no respect for younger viewers while hiding behind his keyboard, that's your choice. I simply asked out of respect.

Don Draper

Quote from: Tony on January 18, 2017, 10:30:30 AM
Big man behind a keyboard.

I'll repeat : I have kids, an u-16 lad and an u-14 girl who tune into this forum occasionally as I'm sure there are others here too.

Out of respect I asked for the easy task of simply making your point without unnecessary language.

If you want to go ahead and act like you're a tough guy, a man not in control and who has no respect for younger viewers while hiding behind his keyboard, that's your choice. I simply asked out of respect.
Do you bring them to football matches?

I'll refrain from posting in future out of respect to your childer. But I'd like you to answer the above question.

les Antiques

Talking of pick-ups ' I recall that Ian Robertson moment in 99 that broke our hearts . Up there with the best Croke Park performances from Laois . Cribben had Laois Laois superbly drilled that day.

Don Draper

Quote from: les Antiques on January 18, 2017, 10:31:40 AM
Talking of pick-ups ' I recall that Ian Robertson moment in 99 that broke our hearts . Up there with the best Croke Park performances from Laois . Cribbed had Laois Laois superbly drilled that day.
I'll never forget it. Cribben was a decent sort. We should have gotten over the line that bloody day, with or without the pick up. We weren't  cute enough though and we paid the price. Like a lot of the hard luck stories we've subjected ourselves to over the years.

les Antiques

Yeah exactly . We lacked that bit cuteness to get over the line that day . Stephen Kelly destroyed them The next day in the reply in the first half until he was pole axed . Alas the dream was over !

Tony

Quote from: les Antiques on January 18, 2017, 10:31:40 AM
Talking of pick-ups ' I recall that Ian Robertson moment in 99 that broke our hearts . Up there with the best Croke Park performances from Laois . Cribben had Laois Laois superbly drilled that day.
It was a great performance, especially haven gone 6 points down in the opening third. It definitely was a pickup from Robertson but we should have closed out that game, fouled if necessary etc. To have a 4 point lead cut at the end, it's heartbreaking but we needed that bit more experience. It was an incredibly young team we had at the time, apart from Maher, G. Doyle and a couple of others. The likes of S.Kelly, Fitzgerald, Rooney etc were pretty much just starting out senior at that point. M. Lawlor looked very dangerous when he came on and was pivotal for us. Great pace in the team back then and natural fitness. Cribben was and still is a decent manager.

les Antiques

I remember the moment Sweeney kicked that great point and saluted the Hogan and Laois folk started to believe that this could happen . The weather definetly didn't help Laois the second day but as Don said we did lack the cuteness to close out a major championship win back then . Apart from Navan 92 I can't think of another .

redsetanta

Padge Conway was brilliant that day from what I recall. He was always able to read the game very well and anticipate where the ball would be. I remember Hughie scoring a monstrous point from under the stand to put us either 3 or 4 points up and thinking 'we're going to beat these' alas not to be and leaving Croke Park that day it was the old cliche of 'leaving it behind us'. We never really looked like winning the replay and Dublin were the better team on the day. The first day was also the first time I really heard the 'Laois, Laois Laois' chant. Like unlaoised said the noise from the Laois people was as good as i'd ever heard in Croke Park. Just another bad luck story in the end. We should count our blessings though as we could be from Mayo and have one of these every year! How do they keep going?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Don Draper

Quote from: redsetanta on January 18, 2017, 11:01:45 AM
Padge Conway was brilliant that day from what I recall. He was always able to read the game very well and anticipate where the ball would be. I remember Hughie scoring a monstrous point from under the stand to put us either 3 or 4 points up and thinking 'we're going to beat these' alas not to be and leaving Croke Park that day it was the old cliche of 'leaving it behind us'. We never really looked like winning the replay and Dublin were the better team on the day. The first day was also the first time I really heard the 'Laois, Laois Laois' chant. Like unlaoised said the noise from the Laois people was as good as i'd ever heard in Croke Park. Just another bad luck story in the end. We should count our blessings though as we could be from Mayo and have one of these every year! How do they keep going?
Getting to All Ireland Finals wouldn't be that bad. Great weekend to be had. Up to 5PM on Sunday. But they're well used to the process of getting over it and getting baloobas and moving on to next year. Gives them something to do.

Unlaoised

I hear Laois have a friendly tonight against a Top four side...
LAOIS ABÚ

Butch Cassidy

Who is that Unlaoised? Where's it on?

les Antiques

Heard someone say last it was Kerry in Clomel . Could be off the mark though