Laois Senior Football 2017

Started by Tony, October 14, 2016, 11:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Exactly - this is a non-issue - in fact if anything it's a good issue. Some People will always find the negative. It's fantastic news that Ross is there for 2017. If he's not good enough, he doesn't get played. If he is good enough, he gets played, makes a difference, adds experience and helps the overall morale of the team as always. Quit your whinging. To the person who said Ross will throw his toys out of the pram if he's on the bench....you clearly don't know anything about the man.

steven seagal

QuoteI don't think Ross knows anything about greyhounds and I don't think he would play for Stradbally so a job as a Laois Development Officer would be out ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

BallyroanAbu

Really unfair.  With some on here it's be positive always regardless of the horseshit been provided or just because someone was a great player does not mean he now is a great player.   Ross is done no issue with him been a selector/mentor or development officer more luck to him.  Thanks for been a great player and best of luck with rest of your life. 

High Fielder

Leave him be for fucks sake. It's insulting this talk of being finished. Bar stool stuff. Go and find me these 10 better forwards than Ross and I'll give you a county that isn't in decline anyway. We're not in a position to turn anyone who wants to commit away. Not now. Not ever. Cop on.

Don Draper

Quote from: High Fielder on November 12, 2016, 12:34:14 PM
Leave him be for f**ks sake. It's insulting this talk of being finished. Bar stool stuff. Go and find me these 10 better forwards than Ross and I'll give you a county that isn't in decline anyway. We're not in a position to turn anyone who wants to commit away. Not now. Not ever. Cop on.
Thats the internet for you.

Tony

Idiotic stuff from Ballyroan Abu in fairness. We don't even know the full panel yet or who will or wont show up. He's putting himself forward for selection. Respect to him. Whether he gets picked or not is another matter. Leave it be.

BallyroanAbu

Anymore idiotic when your were cheerleading after the Dublin game last year?  Anyone up for a proposition bet what price will you give me Ross does not play 1 minute of championship this year.  Bet cancelled if he gets injured.  I am not wishing bad on him but I just don't think he is a shadow of the player he was 5 or 6 years ago.

town1980

I'm with broan Abu on this one,,, look Ross has been xcellent we all no that but his legs are gone  simple as that ,,, nyone thinks nytn else is either blind or just day dreaming,,,

Zooming around

Quote from: Pat Spillall on November 10, 2016, 07:43:08 PM
Quote from: Butch Cassidy on November 10, 2016, 02:42:32 PM
Ross owes Laois nothing as just shows the passion he has for Laois that he still wants to play and feels he can still offer something. He'd make a great development officer for Laois as there's no one as commited as him.

Based on what I say during the club championship he's still in the top 10 forwards in the county so it's up to the younger lads to step up

I don't think Ross knows anything about greyhounds and I don't think he would play for Stradbally so a job as a Laois Development Officer would be out ;)

Christ that's a low blow but a fairly accurate one nonetheless

Tony

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on November 12, 2016, 08:07:57 PM
Anymore idiotic when your were cheerleading after the Dublin game last year?  Anyone up for a proposition bet what price will you give me Ross does not play 1 minute of championship this year.  Bet cancelled if he gets injured.  I am not wishing bad on him but I just don't think he is a shadow of the player he was 5 or 6 years ago.
You don't even know the full panel for 2017 or the full list of forwards that will commit 100%. He's putting his name forward for selection and will give 100% despite his family and other commitments, leave him be.

As for your bet, it's probably time you stopped playing with your toy keyboard and give the internet a break for a while. ;D

BallyroanAbu

"the thing is, i believe we've a fine group of players. They have huge potential. If we get a tactical expert, in addition to a decent background set up, we can realise our potential. At our highest potential, i think we're a top 8 team - that's if we're firing on all cylinders. Look what Jim m did with an average enough donegal team. I'm also convinced the likes of mayo are not all that much better than us, when it comes to raw talent. It's the system, the momentum and training. I hope we get a cheap under rated manager with passion for laois and great tactics. I know it's a long shot but it's what we should aim for. It will unlock the undeniable potential of this team. Sure, we mightn't be up with the Dublins and kerrys but there's no reason that, with a good brain in charge, that we can't make leinster finals or 4th rnd/quarters"

That was you Tony at beginning of last season when you continued with the same bull to the level where I asked if you were Peter O Neill as a joke.  Your back at it again this year have you any objectivity?  I don't doubt your heart is with Laois, but seriously even you must think things are not great at the moment.  You have not commented negatively once all year even as the ship went sailing merrily into an iceberg.  I just don't get it.

Tony

My last comment was a joke but if you're actually looking through my past post history in your spare time, you seriously need to get a life mate.

I was clearly one of the most vocal of the "Lillis out" negative campaigners last year - I was calling for his head from early on in the year due to his clear incompetence. So I'm not sure what you were actually reading there.

I'm off to enjoy the evening now, I hope you can sign out for a while and do the same. Leave Ross alone though - If he wants to give hours of the week to see if he's good enough to still play for Laois, leave him at it. It's a lot better than giving hours of the week to anonymously posting to a gaa board, like we're doing, don't you think. Good luck.

Ballyroan Abbey

Does anyone have any idea as to who if any are invited into the county panel, personally id like to see knowles and comerford from stradbally and murphy from cretty in

les Antiques

Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on November 13, 2016, 10:41:19 PM
Does anyone have any idea as to who if any are invited into the county panel, personally id like to see knowles and comerford from stradbally and murphy from cretty in

I believe the three mentioned above have been asked .O'Byrne Cup panel will be quite large and will be whittled down the week before the league  kicks off against Louth .

The Monument Road

Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on November 13, 2016, 10:41:19 PM
Im reluctant to judge anybody but i think Knowles would be way out of his debt at intercounty level. The chap may have had a bad day yesterday but he got absolutley roasted by the Sarsfield full forward in the u21 semi final.Murphy is similar i think. Good free taker though. Stradballys centre back,Buggy is a shoe in for a permanent spot. Comerford is a semi professional soccer player so i cant see him commiting. I hear he has ambitions to try his luck in the UK