Laois Senior Hurling Championship 2016

Started by Ogie, March 04, 2016, 09:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finbar o tool

I think the advantage situation were all thinking about is RE 2nd last score from a free, a free given via the advantage rule. Advantage lasts for 5 seconds, id like to see the incident again because King seemed to carry the ball after he was fouled for longer than 5 seconds, i think thats the problem here, Lawlor seemed to let play carry on a bit too long before calling it back for a free. Could be wrong as thats just from memory.
As for the extra 40 seconds or so, right or wrong, i think any team would feel aggrieved in that situation. And emotions were high after such a thrilling game!
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

LOVEGAA

Thats the problem with time added on. Depending on situation each team could have a problem with it.

If RE hadnt scored that last point they probably would say more should have been added for time wasting so really
you're not going to please both teams at the end of the day

Zooming around

Is Paddy Purcell ok for the replay. Looked like a bad ankle injury that forced him off

finbar o tool

Keyser Söze

Quote from: finbar o tool on October 16, 2016, 07:52:08 PM
Who will referee the replay??
There is precedence there for Lalor to do it again.....
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

finbar o tool

burdizzo

I heard he was supposed to get the first game, but maybe that's not true.

border

How do people think the replay will go on Sunday I have R/E still as favourite B/K will have to play as well again to win,I don't think that they are capable to put two good performances back to back.Having Dollard back is a big boost to R/E and I think they will win by at least 6pts.

finbar o tool

I actually think RE will have to play as well again to win, i think they will run out of steam quicker than BK will Sunday. BK obviously need to perform very well again too, thats a given, but i think they will, i think the monkey is off their backs now and they can look forward to Sunday with full confidence.
Will Shane Dollard even start? If Paddy Purcell is fit, and id say he is, i think Dollard will be on the bench, he didnt look up to the pace when he came in the last day but to be fair, hes missed a few games and that was a pretty intense and fast game to be thrown into the last day! I dont know how anyone could say either team will win by at least 6 points after the last day, i think it will be close again. Very hard to call. Hope its a cracker again!

Keyser Söze

I think Borris Kilcotton will win. They lost nothing the last day and gained the knowledge and confidence that they can perform on the biggest days, against the best teams.
The draw won't be as beneficial to Rathdowney Errill, in my opinion.

R/E have more miles on the clock and there route to the final has been so so tough.

Of course it would be no surprise really no matter the result on Sunday but I'd be leaning towards B/K. The extra week will of help to get over the initial "left it behind us" feeling.

Ballyroan Abbey

Id still have my concerns about borris in that as well as they played the last day the one thing that they couldnt do and have never been able to do is see out a game, you would always have the feeling that no matter how much of a lead they have rathdowney will still have a chance whereas if rathdowney have a 4/5 point lead going down the strech they can see it out

Ogie

Where does this not being able to finish out a game opinion come from BA??

I actually think Borris Kilcotton have left it behind them, think Rathdowney Errills experience will see them across the line

BallyroanAbbey

Well they had a 10 point lead against Ballinakill the first day in the semis, ended up drawing it, had an easy free to kill ballinakill off in the replay drove it wide ballinakill equalised, then when they had a chance to tap over a winner after it they inexplicably went for goal luckily for them one of the ballinakill players threw there hurl, and in the final they held a 5 point lead going into the last 10 minutes and a 2 point lead in injury time and rathdowney got the draw. There is examples in there last 3 matches never mind the 5 years they have been together. They dont have the ability to hold down a lead on the home strech, there is no killer instinct there

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on October 20, 2016, 08:37:40 PM
Id still have my concerns about borris in that as well as they played the last day the one thing that they couldnt do and have never been able to do is see out a game, you would always have the feeling that no matter how much of a lead they have rathdowney will still have a chance whereas if rathdowney have a 4/5 point lead going down the strech they can see it out

I understand and accept what you are saying- but this applies to all teams until they win a final!

Helix

Well done Borris Kilcotton! Great to see the amalgamation bearing fruit and a good crop of talent on show today. Hard luck to Rathdowney Errill. Borris Kilcotton much the hungrier team today and hopefully they'll give a good account of themselves in a fortnight against Cuala or Kilmacud Crokes.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail