Schools Hurling

Started by redsetanta, February 24, 2015, 06:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeculativeEffort

Anyone got the team and clubs involved?

grover

Leinster Schools "A" Hurling Q/Final.
Mountrath CS v Colaiste Eoin.  Ballykelly Gaa,Monasterevin. Saturday 2pm.
Very best of luck to Mountrath this weekend.In with a great chance against the Dublin school.

Tobias

Super result for Mountrath today with a comprehensive win over colaiste Eoin. Anyone have the team and scorers? It would be great to get to the final.
I would wonder what happened to laois schools, they should have had a strong team. Was there much of an effort put in with them?

TheGreatGame

Two great results for Mountrath, well done to them!

Regarding the Laois schools, fielding without the Mountrath contingent would have weakened them a lot.  I also see from the team selection that Robbie Phelan wasn't hurling.  Mark Kav is overage for schools hurling too I believe, so it wasn't to be this year.

On a side note, Dublin have a lot of talent around this age group after winning the u16 A-I two years ago.  They could well be the team to watch out for at minor level.

grover

Kilkenny CBS next up for Mountrath CS in SemiFinal on February 13th.
Laois Minors played Clare also yesterday losing on a scoreline of 1-21 to 3-14.

redsetanta

Kilkenny CBS probably the lesser of the 2 kilkenny schools but still a huge challenge.

Best of luck to the them, it will be a great achievement to reach the final.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

blueandwhite1

Quote from: redsetanta on January 31, 2016, 09:08:29 PM
Kilkenny CBS probably the lesser of the 2 kilkenny schools but still a huge challenge.

Best of luck to the them, it will be a great achievement to reach the final.

Kilkenny CBS have serious pedigree. 2nd most successful team in colleges hurling after St. Kierans. Leinster champions in 2013 and 2014. A win would be monumental.

redsetanta

Kilkenny CBS 2-16 Mountrath CS 0-14
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Zooming around

The Combined Laois Juvenile team had a huge win over Kilkenny CBS last Friday... 7-10 to 3-5 with Kilkenny getting two goals in injury time.

redsetanta

Would that be with or without the Mountrath CS lads?

Zooming around

Without. Mountrath are in A

blueandwhite1

Quote from: Zooming around on February 15, 2016, 04:02:41 PM
The Combined Laois Juvenile team had a huge win over Kilkenny CBS last Friday... 7-10 to 3-5 with Kilkenny getting two goals in injury time.

We need to call a few of them up to the Laois Seniors!!

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: Zooming around on February 15, 2016, 04:02:41 PM

Do you have the team (and schools?)

Zooming around

I got this off the Leinster Express lad who was at the match (big beardy lad)

1. David Sheeran (Heywood)
2. Eamon Fitzpatrick (Heywood)
3. Niall Coss (Fergals)
4. Kielan Kelly (Fergals)
5. Adam Broady (Heywood)
6. Danny Brennan (Heywood)
7. Fionn Holland (Heywood)
8. Aaron Grady (Heywood)
9. Fionn Holland (Heywood)
10 Aaron Brennan (Heywood)
11 Cian Shaughnessy (Heywood)
12 Lee Maher (Heywood)
13 Kevin Mulhall (Fergals)
14 Cathal Shaughnessy (Heywood)
15 Conor Goode (CBS)

Laois also brought on all the subs (about 8) but I haven't the names.

blueandwhite1

So essentially Heywood beat Kilkenny CBS!