Meath V Tyrone Qualifier Round 1 Saturday 9th June 2018

Started by never kickt a ball, May 28, 2018, 11:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: gallsman on June 09, 2018, 07:28:23 PM
Quote from: clarshack on June 09, 2018, 07:27:18 PM
Meath should have had a free in at the end there.

Considering he blew up for a free every other time somebody was touched during the game, not sure how he didn't see the foul I'm that one.
It would have been incredibly soft, but in keeping with all the other incredibly soft ones he gave all day.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Wonder do people have unrealistic expectations of games. It was a hard fought contest till the very end with a good atmosphere and some fine scores.

From a Tyrone point of view, very fortunate. After a good start Meath looked more likely to win. After the late reprieve from McShane Tyrone were looking safe after a bit of magic from - ironically - Ronan O'Neil, before we again saw this ludicrous tactic of trying to defend a lead. Meath were beaten but Tyrone started messing about and wasting time rather than just keeping on and finishing them off. Meath should have had a free to level it, a position Tyrone should never have been in. Progress on the day but Tyrone are really going backwards.

markl121

What's the story with the man getting arrested for having the Palestine flag. What's the basis for arrest? Shocking from the GAA unless there's something else went on.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: markl121 on June 09, 2018, 08:47:36 PM
What's the story with the man getting arrested for having the Palestine flag. What's the basis for arrest? Shocking from the GAA unless there's something else went on.

That's strange if true, seeing as you'd see a load of them at many games.
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 09, 2018, 08:52:32 PM

That's strange if true, seeing as you'd see a load of them at many games.

There is a video of it doing the rounds.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

thejuice

Well that was a tough old battle and nothing in it in the end. Fair play to the lads out there they really put it up to Tyrone. Went the way I thought it would except I didn't think we'd be so close to winning.

Tyrone looked like they could carve open our backs quite easily so the lads dealt with it as best they could as a team after a poor enough start.

Some will criticise Andy but I think for a limited panel that was as good a performance against one of the top 8 teams.

Once we tightened things up we got ourselves into a winning position which we really should have held onto but it's those kinds of mistakes, sloppy passing, sloppy tackling and running into tackles, when the chips are down and the games in the balance, those mistakes kill us. Hard to fathom why we were so flat at the start of extra time only to come alive once we went 4 down.

Ultimately we are still short of about  6 or 7 starting top quality players to make it back up. On top of that we need a much deeper squad in terms of talent. But Still there's a lot of young lads there.

McGill, Keoghan, James McEntee, Menton and Reilly are lads you can build something on. Joey Wallace, Flanagan, Ben Brennan, O'Sullivan and Lenihan did well but they just need a bit more finesse to their game to be top quality. O'Sullivan loses far too much ball in the tackle but he's a good scorer. I think he looks for frees too often.

The rest of the outfield lads just don't impose anything on the game.

Tough game that might stand to some of the young lads there. Hopefully we can hang onto the experiences lads a bit longer and get some more talent around them.

Hard to know what to make of Tyrone with all the injuries they have. They came through a tough contest but whether they come out stronger or mortally wounded we'll have to wait and see. Well done on the win though. Good to see even a weak Meath team run ye close. Till we meet again.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

tippabu

Well i must admit i was very surprised at that tonight. Felt tyrone would win easily but fair dues to meath. Always had the feeling about the game that it was similar to mayo in the qualifiers last year where they just kept doing enough

Jinxy

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on June 09, 2018, 09:07:34 PM
I didn't know GAA officials had to power to make arrests now.Can't think of any reason why they'd be arrested simply for carrying a national flag though. Has to be more to it than that.

https://twitter.com/gavinocal/status/1005545159944269824
If you were any use you'd be playing.

skeog

Bit over the top that be some flags next day imo.

tippabu

Quote from: Jinxy on June 09, 2018, 09:44:01 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on June 09, 2018, 09:07:34 PM
I didn't know GAA officials had to power to make arrests now.Can't think of any reason why they'd be arrested simply for carrying a national flag though. Has to be more to it than that.

https://twitter.com/gavinocal/status/1005545159944269824

That is some load of shite. There was loads of room, if view was being obstructed its not like you couldnt move anywhere you wanted. You shouldnt have to move but when theres loads of room like there was who in their right mind would complain and stay put. If it was a tyrone or meath flag would there have been the same outcome

thejuice

There was loads of room on the grass bank if your view was blocked they could have moved. Need better excuses than that.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

markl121

I'd doubt thats the real story but if it is Jesus what's happened the gaa. Look at games from 15-20 years ago. Flags everywhere I remember as a child bringing  2 or 3 to a match. Now you're getting complained about because someone can't see. I counted four flags at the game in owenbeg today. Four.

thejuice

By the way, Mickey Burke kicked a point from play against ye. That should surely outweigh any amount of scores Tyrone could possibly have got. Tyrone should gracefully drop out of the All Ireland now after that.

Itchy

How many were arrested for chasing after the referee? Maybe if they chased the ref with a palestinian flag?