The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Any truth to the dancehall story?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

BennyCake

Just a note on last nights show. It said Cooper won 5 AI medals for Kerry. By my counting, it's only 4 as he missed 2014 with injury. Just saying.

Itchy

I tbink in terms of match analysis sky is way ahead. Rte second then third I'd put BBC. 4th would go to Arlene Foster and trailing well behind in 5th would be Syphilis

square_ball

BBC is miles ahead of RTE as well in terms of analysis.

omagh_gael

BBC is very good from my point of view. Big Sidebottom was controversial, however, there was always the edge of the seat excitement waiting for his next left field remark. Kind of like that uncle at a wedding who'll say something that'll offend half the family and start a ruckus. Good craic all the same.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Itchy on July 16, 2018, 06:22:57 PM
I tbink in terms of match analysis sky is way ahead. Rte second then third I'd put BBC. 4th would go to Arlene Foster and trailing well behind in 5th would be Syphilis

Sky do the best actual anaysis but something about the way they cover the games I find incredibly dull. I don't know if it's the presenters, pundits or the format itself but it's missing something.

Jayop

If the same game is on all 3 channels I'll 100% choose Sky every time followed by BBC. RTE are awful in every regard.

Syferus

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 16, 2018, 08:07:39 PM
Quote from: Itchy on July 16, 2018, 06:22:57 PM

Sky do the best actual anaysis but something about the way they cover the games I find incredibly dull. I don't know if it's the presenters, pundits or the format itself but it's missing something.

Meehan still has that sparkle in his eyes, soon to be extinguished by having to actually watch reams of footage from the blanketball championship..

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyCake on July 16, 2018, 06:00:31 PM
Just a note on last nights show. It said Cooper won 5 AI medals for Kerry. By my counting, it's only 4 as he missed 2014 with injury. Just saying.

He was on the PANEL! And claims a medal! Think he togged out with the 28 Jersey that day!

Main Street

SKy Sky Sky
You'd think Sky invented all this.
Sky's analysis, the show format, pundits and commentary team is a rip off from TV3.

As mentioned by GBB the analysis is excellent, Peter C is incisive and informative   but the rest of the coverage is corny in a contrived fashion.

Itchy

Quote from: Main Street on July 16, 2018, 10:53:14 PM
SKy Sky Sky
You'd think Sky invented all this.
Sky's analysis, the show format, pundits and commentary team is a rip off from TV3.

As mentioned by GBB the analysis is excellent, Peter C is incisive and informative   but the rest of the coverage is corny in a contrived fashion.

Ah come on now, you expect us to believe tv3 ever did anything innovative.

maigheo

Skys coverage is easily the best.Had to laugh when Spillane was asked at HT of the Mayo v Kerry replay last year what Kerry should do to get back in the game and his only reply was that they should throw off the shackles and go for it I guess Pat likes to keep it simple

Minder

Quote from: maigheo on July 16, 2018, 11:05:54 PM
Skys coverage is easily the best.Had to laugh when Spillane was asked at HT of the Mayo v Kerry replay last year what Kerry should do to get back in the game and his only reply was that they should throw off the shackles and go for it I guess Pat likes to keep it simple

Throw off the shackles is a favourite of Brendan Cummins
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Applesisapples

With RTE you get opinion not analysis, on sky you get both.

Farrandeelin

What games are on RTE and Sky this weekend?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.