Mayo V Sligo - Connaught senior final - July 15th

Started by sligoman2, June 25, 2012, 12:03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on July 03, 2012, 06:30:05 PM
That's a pity, he's a good keeper and it's always helpful to have an experienced backup. He would be first choice with a lot of counties but Clarke is more consistent, less erratic and deserves his starting place. I wonder though if he had been first choice would he have managed to balance work and football or would we have had to switch keepers this far into a championship season?

Back-up keepers suffer a bad lot in most counties, rarely if ever playing even FBD/whatever games and expected to be there time in time out. It's honestly a wonder you don't hear stuff like this more often.

maigheo

Paul Mannion from Mayo Gaels has been brought in to take Hennelys place.He is also the junior keeper .Surprised Kenneth O Malley has not been called up.This thread has gone very quite in the last few days.Probably has got something to do with the Rossies double victory last weekend.

moysider

And because there is damn all to talk about it would appear and little appetite for it as far as I can see. Pity.

As predicted, having the game in the Hyde has shot the tie down before it got off the runway. The atrocious weather is not helping things either. Nothing is helping the mood.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on July 04, 2012, 10:58:42 PM

And because there is damn all to talk about it would appear and little appetite for it as far as I can see. Pity.

As predicted, having the game in the Hyde has shot the tie down before it got off the runway. The atrocious weather is not helping things either. Nothing is helping the mood.

Making the excuses for a minor and senior loss early, are we?  ;)

This'll be one of the most electric Connacht final atmospheres in quite some time, even more so if we beat Tyrone and/or win the minor final.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on July 04, 2012, 11:04:11 PM

This'll be one of the most electric Connacht final atmospheres in quite some time, even more so if we beat Tyrone and/or win the minor final.

Didn t take long to get a reaction  ;)

Where am I making excuses? If we lose we lose. There ll be no excuses. Win or lose the next game will be more important for both Mayo minor and seniors.

And the atmosphere will hardly be electric - if you can detatch yourself from your own buzzing for a while. Remember also who is playing in the final. It s not Roscommon this year and unfortunately ye re going to hijack the occassion due to the lack of balls in the CC. But don t think for a minute everybody is gagging for this gig. Lets get it done and move on. As I said before 'a potentially good day out ruined'.

With those prices and all and the Rossies hunger for this ye might be the biggest county representation of fans there. Good luck to ye.

ballinaman

Roscommon is hardly the square in Thurles on Muster final day now....

western exile

Quote from: ballinaman on July 05, 2012, 08:58:24 AM

Roscommon is hardly the square in Thurles on Muster final day now....
Nor the walk up the hill in Clones on Ulster football final day.  I think the Roscommon folks should get out more    8)

Farrandeelin

Hell it's not even like Croke Park on Leinster final day!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

I think someone's afraid of a very hostile crowd..  :-*

ballinaman

Quote from: Syferus on July 05, 2012, 12:26:40 PM
Aye, if it was anything to go by last years cauldron.......

Syferus

Quote from: ballinaman on July 05, 2012, 12:41:03 PM

This time we've brought our surf-loving brothers, though. Sure they love the water!

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 05, 2012, 12:23:52 PM
Hell it's not even like Croke Park on Leinster final day!

Arra, it's more like Ballyhaunis on a cattle mart day! ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Blowitupref

It was to hostile for Enda Kenny last year will he turn up this time with less rossies around?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

TyrionLannister

The Sligo bhoys are getting excited...

Propaganda material:

Sligo GAA shop opens:

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 05, 2012, 04:49:08 PM

It was to hostile for Enda Kenny last year will he turn up this time with less rossies around?

Dunno. His daughter may be in the Gaeltacht again.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.