Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bearded One

The way Peter Harte was managed on Sunday by Kerry is the exact same way Conor Meyler manages whoever he is tasked to pick up, I have no complaints. Peter Harte at this stage should be well able to deal with it and work his way into a game.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Onthe40

completely agree...I watched the Meyler - OShea matchup the whole first half and Meyler gave him some abuse...Oshea seemed able to handle it..and give it back and even blocked some of meylers runs up the field...Peter unfortunately has been too easily taken out of most of Tyrones big games now.....

BennyHarp

Quote from: Pearse Blue on August 13, 2019, 10:30:42 AM
Few messages being forwarded around whatsapp groups today claiming the Tyrone water bottles that they were sharing with their markers were tampered with? Has anybody seen these messages? Basically, the messages are claiming the water the Tyrone water boys were giving the Kerry lads was making them sick? Surely this cant be true and it would be ridiculous if we went this low to win a game????

Well if it's in a WhatsApp group then it must be true. ::) There really are some gullible fools around.
That was never a square ball!!

southtyronegael

The Kerry boys didn't look too sick to me.lol. Tyrone boys looked sick after though.

trailer

Quote from: bigtogs on August 13, 2019, 08:18:55 AM
Disappointing on Sunday to be in the situation we where in at half time to to beaten more or less with ten minutes to go.... I see a few complaints about Peter Harte be fouled for the full game!! Did any off you watch Connor Meyler he fouled the full game......Kerry in first half looked completely clueless but when they introduced Sherwood and White at half time in the middle section of the field we got destroyed Colm and Ritchie got completely over run which in my eyes was the major factor on how we lost the game by the time Mattie came to that area off the field the game was over,we where so slow to make that change to try and counter act what Kerry had done.....I dont think we have enough natural footballers that make the correct decisions at the right time and cant see how that can be cured in the near future,i could be wrong but we are at least 2 defenders,1 midfielder and 2 forwards short to have a team with the correct balance to win an All Ireland...

Meyler, McGeary and Richie Donnelly are not really inter county standard. Meyler in particular, no natural footballing ability. Great engine though - would be better suited to Iron mans.
Mickey Harte has had 3+ years with this team and still doesn't know his best side. Chops and changes certain players (relations not included). Hasn't developed any attacking threat or gameplan. TCB must get rid.

bigtogs

Quote from: trailer on August 13, 2019, 11:15:59 AM
Disappointing on Sunday to be in the situation we where in at half time to to beaten more or less with ten minutes to go.... I see a few complaints about Peter Harte be fouled for the full game!! Did any off you watch Connor Meyler he fouled the full game......Kerry in first half looked completely clueless but when they introduced Sherwood and White at half time in the middle section of the field we got destroyed Colm and Ritchie got completely over run which in my eyes was the major factor on how we lost the game by the time Mattie came to that area off the field the game was over,we where so slow to make that change to try and counter act what Kerry had done.....I dont think we have enough natural footballers that make the correct decisions at the right time and cant see how that can be cured in the near future,i could be wrong but we are at least 2 defenders,1 midfielder and 2 forwards short to have a team with the correct balance to win an All Ireland...

Meyler, McGeary and Richie Donnelly are not really inter county standard. Meyler in particular, no natural footballing ability. Great engine though - would be better suited to Iron mans.
Mickey Harte has had 3+ years with this team and still doesn't know his best side. Chops and changes certain players (relations not included). Hasn't developed any attacking threat or gameplan. TCB must get rid.

Dont think that will happen so we have to soldier on....

Christmas Lights

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 13, 2019, 10:56:46 AM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on August 13, 2019, 10:30:42 AM
Few messages being forwarded around whatsapp groups today claiming the Tyrone water bottles that they were sharing with their markers were tampered with? Has anybody seen these messages? Basically, the messages are claiming the water the Tyrone water boys were giving the Kerry lads was making them sick? Surely this cant be true and it would be ridiculous if we went this low to win a game????

Well if it's in a WhatsApp group then it must be true. ::) There really are some gullible fools around.

Some shite goes around about Tyrone as well  ::) Such nonsense.

bigtogs

Talk about low attendances very few from a neutral county would have any desire to watch us play..... Take the minute or so up up to half time in the last 2 all Ireland semi finals we have been in,we just kept the ball with no desire off kicking on and nailing another score before the whistle....i go to most games sometimes i ask myself why, it is that boring which in turn cannot create any atmosphere...i am considering watching on TV from here on in it will we cheaper if nothing else....  I am on my own thinking like this??

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: trailer on August 13, 2019, 11:15:59 AM

There is a space in a county squad for what Meyler can do - I agree he's not likely to win a game on his own, but he's created a little niche for himself as the Lee Keegan Lite of Tyrone. I think he does a good job of suffocating opposition players to be honest and probably the most athletic player in the panel with a bit of niggle in him.

Ritchie Donnelly could be anything he wants to be, I think there is a player there but on the very biggest of stages obviously he's to prove that.

McGeary seems to be the scapegoat for Sunday. He wasn't brilliant - I don't know if I would name him on my own starting 15 for Sunday but sure I don't watch trainings etc so that's just bluster.

Meyler of the above is only really a certain starter though if fit I think. I'm not looking at these lads for Sunday. I'm looking at the untouchables. McNamee, Mattie Donnelly, Niall Sludden, Peter Harte, Colm Cavanagh, McShane.

If we are being honest, 1 of the above stood up in my opinon, really. That was McShane the rest played well in first half but were bettered when Kerry got their act together. That's not good enough.

square_ball

Harsh on McGeary he's a class act. He was poor on Sunday no doubt but I guess that's the black and white social media world we live in  A bad game nowadays means you're totally useless.

The reality is the best players in the county are in the county squad. Club games over the next few weeks will show there isn't any other sticky corner backs or a Brian Fenton or high scoring forwards that aren't involved in the county set up.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: square_ball on August 13, 2019, 11:49:08 AM
Harsh on McGeary he's a class act. He was poor on Sunday no doubt but I guess that's the black and white social media world we live in  A bad game nowadays means you're totally useless.

The reality is the best players in the county are in the county squad. Club games over the next few weeks will show there isn't any other sticky corner backs or a Brian Fenton or high scoring forwards that aren't involved in the county set up.

I tend to agree here, I dont think there is anyone who is good enough to be on the county panel not on it currently.  The current squad is probably the best we got unless someone else can make a recommendation of a player who is not there who might add something?  We lost Bradley this year as well.

GetOverTheBar

I'd say you'll see a few pop into the equation over the next few weeks at club level. You just never know.

This time last year Matthew Murnaghan was fairly unknown.....probably one of the best players in the Senior Championship.

southtyronegael

Quote from: square_ball on August 13, 2019, 11:49:08 AM

Lee Brennan kicked 1-8 on Saturday and would Def have been worth a run on Sunday to play off Mc Shane and Mattie.

skeog

Starred club matches pretty meaningless now if he could replicate that in the first round of championship recall would be in order.

clarshack

Quote from: bigtogs on August 13, 2019, 11:25:54 AM
Talk about low attendances very few from a neutral county would have any desire to watch us play..... Take the minute or so up up to half time in the last 2 all Ireland semi finals we have been in,we just kept the ball with no desire off kicking on and nailing another score before the whistle....i go to most games sometimes i ask myself why, it is that boring which in turn cannot create any atmosphere...i am considering watching on TV from here on in it will we cheaper if nothing else....  I am on my own thinking like this??

No you aren't on your own, this is why i think attendances will get worse next year again. I spent around 1k following Tyrone this year and even that was probably done on the cheap. I suppose a fool and his money are soon parted. It certainly would be a lot cheaper to just head to the pub and watch it on TV.  I feel like the only thing that would renew my interest for next season would be a change of management.