British State Collusion

Started by Nally Stand, October 11, 2011, 05:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: LC on April 26, 2023, 02:00:58 PM
That would seem to be  a terrible event made worse further by the cover up thereafter.

Digressing slightly but I see a mucker of Stakeknife's has skipped the country......another die hard republican showing his true colours.  Feel sorry for all the families in this country who lost sons and brothers who were in the IRA.  No way condoning their actions but they believed they were fighting for a cause.  Stakeknife and his cronies had their own cause it would seem.

The reason there will never be a full inquiry into the Brits on goings and the reason the SF and IRA are happy with a amnesty is because of the IRA collusion with the Brits.

Snapchap

An innocent nationalist, targetted by loyalist paramilitaries, murdered by the British Army and the killers protected by the police.

As someone said on twitter today, this is state that the nationalist people were encouraged to accept by the political establishment in Dublin.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Snapchap on April 26, 2023, 11:49:16 PM
An innocent nationalist, targetted by loyalist paramilitaries, murdered by the British Army and the killers protected by the police.

As someone said on twitter today, this is state that the nationalist people were encouraged to accept by the political establishment in Dublin.

This is the state which is accepted by Sinn Fein

trailer

Quote from: Snapchap on April 26, 2023, 11:49:16 PM

Ahhha ha ha ha - on the day that Mo'N accepted an invitation to King Charles's Coronation. Fantastic.

Itchy

It's called playing the long game lads, I'd love to hear your alternative path and strategy to a united ireland.
Something very similar happened when the south declared themselves a republic.

trailer

Quote from: Itchy on April 27, 2023, 08:42:34 AM
It's called playing the long game lads, I'd love to hear your alternative path and strategy to a united ireland.

Most Nationalists have been playing the "long game", SF and IRA have criticised and murdered many Nationalists for "playing the long game"
It's the sheer hypocrisy of their stance. One minute Mo'N is standing in Clonoe unveiling a memorial stone for dead IRA members and the next she's going to London to attend the King Coronation. The head of the very British State they want to remove from Ireland! Which is it? Why murder and kill for 30 years then give it all up to accept a democratic solution? Was SF and the IRA wrong all along?

Armagh18

So would I, tbf.

Snapchap

I think what's very telling is that in response to a post about yesterdays Ombudsman's report into Patsy Kelly's abduction and murder, Trailer's only three posts have been solely dedicated to attacks on SF.

So back to the murder of Patsy Kelly (if Trailer can try to tolerate such a topic being talked about for a moment). Some other bits of information contained within yesterday's report:

• Fermanagh UVF was receiving intelligence directly from the RUC
  • A number of serving RUC officers were active members of the Fermanagh UVF
  • An note written on an official RUC traffic form that was given anonymously to the Civil Rights Association, contained the names of 11 people the author alleged were involved in Patsy's murder. These 11 people included RUC and UDR members. The RUC did not share this information with the murder investigation team and did not make any attempt to investigate the RUC officer named in the note
  • The RUC had intelligence that a paramilitary grouping called the 'Loyalist Defence Volunteers' (LDV) was holding meetings at a known location in Fermanagh. The RUC knew that these meetings were being attended by four serving UDR members and by four serving RUC officers, and that one of the four RUC officers was actually chairing the meetings. They also knew that Patsy's murder was discussed during at least one of these meetings. The RUC did not act on any of this intelligence.

Itchy

Quote from: trailer on April 27, 2023, 08:56:23 AM

Most Nationalists have been playing the "long game", SF and IRA have criticised and murdered many Nationalists for "playing the long game"
It's the sheer hypocrisy of their stance. One minute Mo'N is standing in Clonoe unveiling a memorial stone for dead IRA members and the next she's going to London to attend the King Coronation. The head of the very British State they want to remove from Ireland! Which is it? Why murder and kill for 30 years then give it all up to accept a democratic solution? Was SF and the IRA wrong all along?

Your preferred strategy is....

Jim Bob

Why didn't the republicans start to play the 'long game ' in the 60s if that was the way to go.
There'd be plenty alive today if they had

seafoid

Quote from: Jim Bob on April 27, 2023, 07:18:58 PM

Why didn't the republicans start to play the 'long game ' in the 60s if that was the way to go.
It wasn't the way to go
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

LC

It is just over 50 years since the troubles started and in the period up to the ceasefire there was something in the region of 3000+ deaths.

The question is did the republican movement / cause / struggle or whatever term you want to use make any real progress in the 25 years pre GFA or more so 25 years post GFA?

We are more closer than we have ever been to a UI than ever but it is probably as much to do with general demographics, a more educated nationalist population, unionist implosion and British Government not really caring any more.

A lot of people lying in graves who every Easter are being celebrated as making the ultimate sacrifice, like a lot of lives it was just wasted and did not then or now make any impact on the objectives of republicanism.   A lot of good men in these graves led astray by others who never got their hands dirty.

Jim Bob

Quote from: seafoid on April 27, 2023, 07:30:39 PM

It wasn't the way to go

Was the way but all the Provos wanted to do was Kill Kill Kill

Snapchap

Quote from: Jim Bob on April 28, 2023, 04:31:29 AM
Quote from: seafoid on April 27, 2023, 07:30:39 PM

It wasn't the way to go

Was the way but all the Provos wanted to do was Kill Kill Kill

Jim Bob, if you have nothing to contribute to the discussion on Patsy Kelly, then kindly take your nonsense to some other thread.

trailer

Quote from: Itchy on April 27, 2023, 06:51:02 PM
Quote from: trailer on April 27, 2023, 08:56:23 AM

Your preferred strategy is....

Democracy is my preferred strategy, same as it has always been. Of course we need to reach out to the other community on this island. But SF criticised and murdered nationalists for doing just that. Stoops, west brits, took the soup! That's always been the shit flung at us. Now they are doing exactly that! Why did they have a murderous campaign for 30 years? Why did all those people die? For what?