The Big Freeze!!!!

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, January 02, 2008, 07:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: Orior on January 03, 2008, 01:55:33 PM
Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on January 02, 2008, 07:46:57 PM
Met a guy today who told me that the weather in the next few days will be like 1963. He says that every year though, not that I can recall 1963. We really have it too easy here with that old tropical wind etc. Over on the continent or New York, now that is really cold at this moment. Met a guy who brought his Missus to Prague in November and couldn't walk 20 yards through fear of freezing to death. It's all balls here (warm ones) - we don't know what a winter is. The worst one I remember is 1979 .. football pools panel (who?) sitting every Saturday - matches postponed 30 times etc. They say we need a good old winter here to kill off them wasps / rats etc, but I don't think we're gonna get it this year. Can anyone recall the last decent snow we had here? (Please don't suggest that global warming bollix)

Ah the memories

Yeah the Football Pools Panel ... if you saw Football Focus on Grandstand that lunchtime and there were shots of the Pools Panel arriving at the FA then you knew that MOTD that night was Friar Tucked! They were fecking useless - in that it was not in their interest to award draws logically as then the jackpot would be lost (or won) each week... Always some pipe-smoking guy (Major Such and Such) was the chairman... I think 1979 was the year that the Scottish Cup tie was postponed about thirty times ... also the last year that I can recall hay on the pitch etc - Arsenal were okay though as they had undersoil heating and their game was a cert for tv that night...

Square Ball

may as well use this thread.

Is it snowing where you are?

not in Belfast at the minute
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

The Real Laoislad

Confirmed sighting of snow in Lucan..I know because the girlfriend wouldn't go out to the line to bring in the washing because it was to cold so i had to bring them in
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Not a flake, but it's bitter cold.
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Hailstones in Derrylaughan earlier.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

fearsiuil

It´s a warm 33C here in Rio de Janeiro.......heading for Ipanema beach, Posto 9 ¨where Rio´s most lithe and tanned bodies tend to migrate¨  ;D.

aontroim

Was in Deadwood, S. Dakota a few years back for NYE - never felt cold like it - but the drinking and all night gambling helped matters greatly!

J70

Its the middle of the day in NYC. Temperature is -9 celsius. With the windchill, its -13. Was -20 this morning.

5 Sams

Ta neart sneachta i nDeisceart an Duin :o
The Aristocrat Years

his holiness nb

Kids are throwing snowballs outside in East Meath.
Good old sprinkling, sticking too.
Ask me holy bollix

Farrandeelin

Not a cloud to be seen over my head today, but twas awfully cold.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Square Ball

snowing in Belfast now, back later

FL/MAYO

Has not snowed here since 1977 so no chance.

The Real Laoislad

Place is covered white now....A bit like Hill 16 during the summer  ;)

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Square Ball

Quote from: Square Ball on January 03, 2008, 07:09:35 PM
snowing in Belfast now, back later

still snowing in to get changed and out again.brilliant