Hatton v Mayweather December 8th

Started by The Claw, November 30, 2007, 01:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CiKe

Rav I agree with you on that count, in order to be pound for pound number one it is almost a prerequisite to have been champion at at least two or three weights these days. I simply don't think Hatton has what it takes - the British hype machine went into overtime after the Castillo win despite the fact he looked crap against Urango not to mention should have lost against Collazo.

As Heganboy says the HBO guys are generally quite good but they got this one incredibly wrong. I'd love to hear their commentary. It was obviously late at night so I may be wrong but I'd be surprised if Hatton caught Mayweather with more than 20-25 "scoring punches" as they would be termed in the amateurs. Mayweather was landing hard stinging shots much more frequently.

Also regarding Manfredo, he should never have been in the ring with Calzaghe, not because it was two years too early but because he was never good enough and never will be. I believe the fight was stopped in the third not the second, however it was stopped very prematurely as Calzaghe threw a multitdue of punches, most of which came nowhere near to Manfredo as he ducked and dived on the ropes.

Fights I want to see next:

Mayweather vs Cotto
Hatton vs Cotto
Calzaghe vs Hopkins
Pacquiao vs Marquez II
Pavlik vs Abraham
Vasquez vs Marquez
Donaire vs Darchinyan/Arce

Gold

Fights i want to see:

1. Rocky Balboa v Clubber Lang
2. A wee blonde v a wee brunette over me