Brits out, peace in.

Started by Aerlik, July 31, 2007, 04:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: SammyG on July 31, 2007, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: Donagh on July 31, 2007, 08:39:37 PMIndeed. The Brits skulk away in the night like scolded dogs
Only about 1 million left to go then. Must be a hell of a big kennel you're putting those dogs in.  ::)

Who let the dogs out!!!!!!! :)

Admit it samuel, you are a paddy .......................well you are in the eyes of the  british public anyway.  ;D

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Fluffy Che

Good to see them go, l'm sure sure they would rather stay here than go chase ghosts in the desert. Funny ole world.

Another peacefull step on the way to a United Ireland.
Midnight to Six..

inisceithleann

Being based in the North must have been like being on holiday for the soldiers in the last few years with a minimal risk of dissident republican terriorist attacks. Great to see them going as part of the normalisation process for everyone in the North. Have to agree this is the latest step on the road to a United Ireland.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

GweylTah

Quote from: inisceithleann on July 31, 2007, 10:11:05 PM
Have to agree this is the latest step on the road to a United Ireland.

Don't believe everything they tell you.  They were here in their thousands at the click of a finger, they could be back again in their thousands again if required. Let's hope they aren't.

There would have been civil war in NI without them, and the eventually ground-down the terrorists and infiltrated them to such an extent that the paramilitaries knew their violence was pointless.

Mission accomplished is someone else's line, but it fits the story.

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

nifan

Looks like the leader of a bizare religious cult and his lapdog to me donagh

nifan

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 01, 2007, 09:03:06 AM
Stay in denial boys  ;)
Every side is claiming a victory in this - do you think maybe everyone is in a little bit of denial?

his holiness nb

Quote from: nifan on August 01, 2007, 09:48:26 AM
Stay in denial boys  ;)
Every side is claiming a victory in this - do you think maybe everyone is in a little bit of denial?

I know the situation, everyone is glad to see them gone, and we are undeniably a step further along the line to a United Ireland.
By no means a "victory" but a little bit closer than we were when they came over first.
What makes me laugh is the insistance for certain people to keep saying "mission accomplished".
Its a pathetic last desperate attempt at triumphalism.
Ask me holy bollix

lynchbhoy

its no victory for either side

its astonishing to see some people wallow in that.

there would have been no trouble if the unionist/loylaist establishment hadnt been hell bent on the eradication and delivering oppression to the Nationalist/catholic working class peoples in an attempt to keep them down and stop any kind of natural progression and evolution up the ranks of power etc - using their ni brand of apartheid.

if these people who ran the establishment (and those who backed them up by agreement of policies and voting these scum back into power and saying nothing time and time again) could have had a bit more humanity and decency - then it could all have been avoided - no loss of lives, no horror stories and no ghetto north as exists these days (in comparison to most decent progressive euro countries).

but many deny this kind of thing .
Its sad, but history will depict the causes and hopefully cyclical events will never be allowed happen again on this island of Ireland.

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

lynchboy

it has to be said, all this happened up to 1969 at the acquiescence of the British government - they being ultimately 'responsible' for this wee place.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

SammyG

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 01, 2007, 09:50:33 AM
Quote from: nifan on August 01, 2007, 09:48:26 AM
Stay in denial boys  ;)

I know the situation, everyone is glad to see them gone, and we are undeniably a step further along the line to a United Ireland.
By no means a "victory" but a little bit closer than we were when they came over first.
What makes me laugh is the insistance for certain people to keep saying "mission accomplished".
Its a pathetic last desperate attempt at triumphalism.

How on earth is it triumpahlist? The army where on the streets to stop sectarian slaughter, the sectarian slaughter has stopped and now they've been stood down. Mission accomplished is simply a statement of fact. You can argue about the rights and wrongs of the army being on the streets but that is a totally different issue. In terms of the mission that they set out to achieve they were more successful than they could ever have dreamt. The IRA have surrendered unconditionally, the (so called) Loyalists are reduced to a few drug dealing gangsters, Paisley and McGuinness are best mates, people aren't being bombed, shot and tortured on the streets. If you'd offered that scenario to any British Army general, 20 or 30 years ago, he'd have bitten your hand off.

his holiness nb

And by associating "mission accomplished" with the rest of your post you are actually creditiing the British army for all that???

could not make it up  :D :D :D :D :D
Ask me holy bollix

SammyG

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 01, 2007, 11:16:51 AM
And by associating "mission accomplished" with the rest of your post you are actually creditiing the British army for all that???

could not make it up  :D :D :D :D :D

Where in the name of fcuk did I credit anybody with anything? I think you might be adding 2+2 and getting 27. Try reading what I typed not what you think I typed.

his holiness nb

You pretty much insinuated it Sammy. Its very plain to see.

"In terms of the mission that they set out to achieve they were more successful than they could ever have dreamt. The IRA have surrendered unconditionally, the (so called) Loyalists are reduced to a few drug dealing gangsters, Paisley and McGuinness are best mates, people aren't being bombed, shot and tortured on the streets"

If you werent saying this was part of their succesful mission why make those points in the very same paragraph?

Patronising p***k.

Ask me holy bollix

SammyG

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 01, 2007, 11:46:54 AM
You pretty much insinuated it Sammy. Its very plain to see.

"In terms of the mission that they set out to achieve they were more successful than they could ever have dreamt. The IRA have surrendered unconditionally, the (so called) Loyalists are reduced to a few drug dealing gangsters, Paisley and McGuinness are best mates, people aren't being bombed, shot and tortured on the streets"

If you werent saying this was part of their succesful mission why make those points in the very same paragraph?

Patronising p***k.

Glad to see you've passed your stage 3 telepathy exams. You should have told me it would have saved me bothering to type anything, you could have just told me what I was thinking, instead.

p.s. I thought you didn't like personal abuse.  ::)