best strike force in premiership?

Started by charlie stubbs, July 26, 2007, 10:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

Was just on sky sports.com and saw darren bent saying spurs had four very good strikers in bent,keane,defoe,berbatov.the big four would not exactly fill you with confidence.chelsea:pizzarro-unknown to premiership,sheva four goals last season,kalou doesnt do it for me and drogba.Man u:rooney,saha-injury prone and misses to many chances,smith-dont rate think would be better as big fish in a small pond,solksjaer-over the hill,rossi not tested at this level.Arsenal:Van persie-injury prone though class act,da silva good record 71 goals in 100 games but croatian league,adebayor a better version of kanu and walcott still needs justify price tag.liverpool-torres-class act imo,but so was morientes and under bigger pressure,kuyt-great worker but not enough goals,crouch has his critics but dangerous imo,voronin-signs in preseason good,but 2 superrior ukrainians rebrov and sheva have failed miserably in premier league.Think newcastle also have a potentially lethal combination of martins,viduka and owen if they can keep them fit!Any views?I know t fearon will agree. :D

Goats Do Shave

charlie stubbs

ronaldo a striker!?tevez plays for west ham,though they would be quite good bellamy,zamora,ashton,tevez ;)

Gnevin

Can we not wait a other 16 days before we start talking about this . Is that too much to ask for a other 16 days with having to hear what Rooney have for diner? :'(
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

full back

Quote from: Gnevin on July 26, 2007, 11:14:20 AM
Can we not wait a other 16 days before we start talking about this . Is that too much to ask for a other 16 days with having to hear what Rooney have for diner? :'(

ok gnevin
What did Alan 'monkey boy' Brogan have for dinner (sp)

charlie stubbs

Gnevin

Quote from: charlie stubbs on July 26, 2007, 11:27:26 AM
what f**k you on about gnevin
Nothing just not looking forward to the return of the greatest sport and the greatest league with the greatest fans and greatest players with the greatest hype.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

full back

Quote from: Gnevin on July 26, 2007, 11:28:55 AM
Quote from: charlie stubbs on July 26, 2007, 11:27:26 AM
what f**k you on about gnevin
Nothing just not looking forward to the return of the greatest sport and the greatest league with the greatest fans and greatest players with the greatest hype.

Talking about the Dubs again ::)

charlie stubbs

dont comment on the thread then u dick

Gnevin

Quote from: charlie stubbs on July 26, 2007, 11:32:29 AM
dont comment on the thread then u dick
Jesus relax had have sense on humour ffs

mooncatiii

gnevin u dnt like see dnt read...if u dnt like what read here the go do a suduko r get girlfriend r sumthin!

but best strike force in premiership is hard to call but spurs would not be far of it alot of very good strikers but i dnt think bent is worth the price tag, he could turn into the next michael rickets, kevin phillips james beattie i.e have a good season r 2 then fade away
shazam

charlie stubbs

didnt think bent was worth it myself def didnt want liverpool to be paying that sort of cash for him,but his record is very good.will be interesting to see how he does not being the main man.the way keane and berbatov linked up last year they will be hard to dislodge and defoe is excellent imo.think spurs could have invested that money in a left back or left midfielder,think baines from wigan would have been good buy for them coz lee and esotto-whatever you call him are clean death

inisceithleann

Quote from: charlie stubbs on July 26, 2007, 12:15:35 PM
didnt think bent was worth it myself def didnt want liverpool to be paying that sort of cash for him,but his record is very good.will be interesting to see how he does not being the main man.the way keane and berbatov linked up last year they will be hard to dislodge and defoe is excellent imo.think spurs could have invested that money in a left back or left midfielder,think baines from wigan would have been good buy for them coz lee and esotto-whatever you call him are clean death

Sure spurs have bought gareth bale from southampton, united were sniffing after him so i think they're alright at left back. As for Bent, he'll struggle not being the main man. That money for someone with one good season in the premieship is a joke.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

mooncatiii

aye agree spurs going forward r dangerous enough its their defence lets them down, still dont think they have the quality to break the top 3 but a few weeks left in the transfer window they mite get another few players gathered up maybe a few full backs and a top drawer creative mid fielder
shazam

charlie stubbs

didnt know they got bale think he has good potential.think they create enough in lennon and malbranque to be honest.very good to watch.bent had 2 good seasons but could see him getting beattie syndrome