Rugby World Cup 2007

Started by maddog, July 23, 2007, 12:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

Anyone going? I have tickets for the 1/4 final in Cardiff which should be New Zealand v Ireland. Looking forward to it after visiting their for Wales v Ireland in 6 nations

Dinny Breen

Have tickets for all the group games and an Ireland quarter-final if we get there no matter where it is played. My brother is getting married early Sept so will miss the first 2 group games but will be there for the France and Argentina game, can't wait...
#newbridgeornowhere

Tankie

yeah i'm headin over, hoping that the q/f wont be in cardiff tho, i would rather stay in france. Argies game should be a cracker!
Grand Slam Saturday!

GaillimhIarthair

Yeah, headin over for the Argentina game.........

Fishead_Sam

Is it too late to start looking for tickets now, a few of the lads want to go.

BauldBull

Heading to Argentina game and Cardiff for Q/F. Can't wait.

mikerob

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 23, 2007, 01:06:46 PM

www.rugbyworldcup.com still has tickets for sale but you need to say you are ordering from outside the UK & Ireland.  I don't know what checks they do to check that you are...

Tankie

Quote from: mikerob on July 23, 2007, 02:30:43 PM

www.rugbyworldcup.com still has tickets for sale but you need to say you are ordering from outside the UK & Ireland.  I don't know what checks they do to check that you are...

They dont do any checks, i bought tickets for the cardiff and paris q/f from them! its actually cheaper as they are priced in euro!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: mikerob on July 23, 2007, 02:30:43 PM

Surely if an event is being held in two European Union Countries, they cannot discriminate ticket purchases between one European Citizen or the other. You might say they can do it on crowd segregation reasons, but that does not stop a load of French people going into an English or Irish area @ a match or Italians going into an Irish or Welsh area @ a match and there. So thats discriminatinion between European Union Citizens within Europe, surely it would be illegal to discriminate.

Hardy

It's France you're talking about Sam Fish! Them lads simply give le grande two fingers to that kind of ould shite.

southdown

I went on there now and was given the opportunity to buy a blue section ticket for the quarter final in Cardiff.

tyroneboi

am going to the argentina game in paris and am really tempted to take a chance and book the quarter final for cardiff. think ireland will go through to the second stage but not sure if it will be as winners or 2nd place. wat do u all think?

we are blue... etc

I am planning some serious drinking on local turf for the RWC. For the stay-at-homers in Dublin, where's the best spot going to be? I'd usually hit any of the old reliables in around Grafton St. (Bruxelles, McDaids if you can get into it, ditto for Sinnotts), also the Swan on Camden St. is a good old-fashioned rugby spot.

stephenite

ANy of the pubs down around Baggot St (Nesbitts, Searsons etc would be fairly lively for the rugby I'd imagine, however, Kileys in Donybrook gets some atmosphere for big internationals - full of wannabee gobshites but a great atmosphere and always great talent there also

thebandit

Kielys is some spot for talent all right