Paddy Jackson apology

Started by yellowcard, April 06, 2018, 02:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Quote from: trailer on May 08, 2018, 01:37:53 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on May 08, 2018, 01:33:45 PM
Their abilities on the pitch are not the reason they aren't getting a job; it's the crazy PC brigade that are preventing them, just unfortunate that their trial came shortly after the Weinstein furore and all the other movements going on at the minute.

It's not the crazy PC brigade. That's totally inaccurate. It's Money. Sponsor's money. The sponsors don't want two guys who seem to have little respect for women running around in jerseys with their logos on it. Sponsors customers reach far beyond rugby teams. They don't want to be associated with a toxic profile.

If the PC brigade/#metoo/#ibelieveher didnt throw as much as possible at them both on social media and with protests etc then there is no way they would be as toxic to sponsors as they now seem to be especially as they were found not guilty.

FFS look at Mike Tyson who was found guilty. And he had an even higher profile than these guys

AQMP

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 08, 2018, 01:36:22 PM
Quote from: AQMP on May 08, 2018, 01:26:32 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 08, 2018, 12:14:19 PM
Quote from: AQMP on May 08, 2018, 10:24:50 AM
I have to admit I'm astounded by the naivety of some of the "just let the lads play" posters here.
Can they get a job though?

You sound a bit like Cathy Newman on Channel 4 News interviewing that Canadian psychologist recently.

Can you understand why they are struggling to get a job as a professional rugby player?

I can, because they were brought to court by a woman who says they raped her... and after that was shown to be different..the social justice warriors/keyboard warriors/#metoo/#ibelieveher femminists didnt get their pound of flesh and went for it with a campaign of throwing mud, as you know mud sticks...

So its not about being in a camp or saying who guilty or not, its about trusting the system, if the system needs changing, then change it, what happens when the system still doesnt give you the result, change it again? I'd assume this woman will go for a civil action case against these guys, considering how strong the case was in her favour?

The court of law is there to protect people, but this doesnt suit some people, depending on the result  :o

That's the problem MR2.  You and a lot of others think that the rape charge is why they can't get a game.  It's not.

Milltown Row2

Their abilities on the pitch are not the reason they aren't getting a job; it's the crazy PC brigade that are preventing them, just unfortunate that their trial came shortly after the Weinstein furore and all the other movements going on at the minute.

It's not the crazy PC brigade. That's totally inaccurate. It's Money. Sponsor's money. The sponsors don't want two guys who seem to have little respect for women running around in jerseys with their logos on it. Sponsors customers reach far beyond rugby teams. They don't want to be associated with a toxic profile.

If they went to court for drink driving and found guilty would sponsors be pressurized by the mob to ensure they didnt play for any club?

Have you been to an Ulster rugby match or know Ulster rugby fans? of the many I know there has been no problems, they'd prefer the players back playing but hey they arent stupid, they know that the shit that comes with the keyboard warriors and the 80 odd people at the ground with banners is a no win situation... but they still want them to play for A n other

Its only toxic for one reason.. I've said it many times on here, if they were guilty then I hoped for the book to be thrown at them and the full maximum sentence given, it wasnt even close

AQMP, I know fine well why they wont be playing, its been discussed infinity.. its still the wrong reason, built up purely by the mob
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Quote from: Taylor on May 08, 2018, 01:44:45 PM

If the PC brigade/#metoo/#ibelieveher didnt throw as much as possible at them both on social media and with protests etc then there is no way they would be as toxic to sponsors as they now seem to be especially as they were found not guilty.

FFS look at Mike Tyson who was found guilty. And he had an even higher profile than these guys

When you're accused of rape you can't shake it. Ever. Companies and sports teams have always run a mile from these issues, regardless of how much the PC brigade/#metoo/#ibelieveher thrown at them. As a business owner I'd do the same. They're simply toxic. They should have thought about that before they acted like arseholes.

magpie seanie

Whether they raped her or not their conduct was awful. Plus it's fairly obvious hey lied in court or weren't able to remember anything that happened. Plus when they found out the girl was distressed (which any reasonable person would accept was at the latest, the next day if not sooner) they didn't do anything.

They made their own beds.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on May 08, 2018, 01:52:23 PM

When you're accused of rape you can't shake it. Ever. Companies and sports teams have always run a mile from these issues, regardless of how much the PC brigade/#metoo/#ibelieveher thrown at them. As a business owner I'd do the same. They're simply toxic. They should have thought about that before they acted like arseholes.

Ah, to never act like an arsehole!

Jesus, there are some fecking saints on this board, there's me thinking growing up and being an arsehole when out, was the norm..

Being convicted of raped completly different to telling your mates in a group chat that you had sex the night before, its a good thing that Bestie didnt have group chats

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 08, 2018, 01:58:46 PM
Whether they raped her or not their conduct was awful. Plus it's fairly obvious hey lied in court or weren't able to remember anything that happened. Plus when they found out the girl was distressed (which any reasonable person would accept was at the latest, the next day if not sooner) they didn't do anything.

They made their own beds.

I thought this had been established ? The rest is fairly accurate but not a hanging offence

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 08, 2018, 02:00:17 PM

Jesus, there are some fecking saints on this board, there's me thinking growing up and being an arsehole when out, was the norm..

Being convicted of raped completly different to telling your mates in a group chat that you had sex the night before, its a good thing that Bestie didnt have group chats

I fucked about a fair bit. But a girl never left my company in the state that wee girl left theirs. They have to own it now. This is the consequences of their actions. If they had taken their roles as professional sports people seriously they wouldn't be in this mess.
Life's tough. They're learning that now.

I know they've been found innocent and I get that, but their behaviour fell well below what is acceptable as a professional athlete. That's what is f**king them over now.

AQMP

FĂșck me MR2, you really just don't get it do you??

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on May 08, 2018, 02:06:17 PM

I fucked about a fair bit. But a girl never left my company in the state that wee girl left theirs. They have to own it now. This is the consequences of their actions. If they had taken their roles as professional sports people seriously they wouldn't be in this mess.

I know they've been found innocent and I get that, but their behaviour fell well below what is acceptable as a professional athlete. That's what is f**king them over now.

I've only your word on that, you could be full of shit

Syferus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 08, 2018, 02:14:53 PM

Seriously? Defending the twat brigade to the hilt but when someone says they never raped a woman you question them? Are you trying to be odious or does it come naturally to you?

Is there something from your past driving your incredible level of denfesiveness on this topic, like there is with Asal Mor?

trailer

Tell you what you smart arse. Go f**k yourself.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Syferus on May 08, 2018, 02:26:29 PM

Seriously? Defending the twat brigade to the hilt but when someone says they never raped a woman you question them? Are you trying to be odious or does it come naturally to you?

Hmm, where did I questioned him on rape? he stated clearly, and I put it in bold, I can only take his word that any girl left him, not distressed..

The reason I said that was to show, that you can't take anyones word really, more so here, cause I havent a clue who he is, neither do you

Does making your own sit up come naturally to you? Carry on

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on May 08, 2018, 02:29:50 PM

Tell you what you smart arse. Go f**k yourself.

Go f**k yourself?  :-\

seafoid

There was a good article about this in the Guardian. The boys are not going to be employed at the market rate now.
They will be in the wilderness for a while.  The caravan will move on. Ched Evans is back playing soccer. After a while doing penance
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU