Arlene's bigotry shines through

Started by StGallsGAA, February 14, 2018, 01:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AQMP

Quote from: haranguerer on May 09, 2018, 04:09:10 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on May 09, 2018, 03:38:42 PM
Quote from: sensethetone on May 09, 2018, 03:10:32 PM
Quote from: Orior on May 09, 2018, 02:26:12 PM
Arlene has offered to help resolve the Enniskillen remembrance memorial. I assume she thinks that she is an honest broker!

Basically calling out the St Michael's trust to embarrass them.

What is the craic there alright?

Firstly I presume they gave the go ahead for a memorial in the first place as it would be bad manners for anyone to apply for something on someone else's property and then to pull the plug!

Is it to do with the size or wording on it as it being alluded to?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-41922627

Originally planned for an area not owned by the trust. Transport NI objected as blocked a pavement, new site proposed last minute owned by church. Not suitable for there either, so church saying no. Funny not a word about Transport NI original objections, nor any effort to combat those, just the (even more valid) objections by the catholic church.

A disgusting effort to sectarianise this and smear the church imo, I hope they don't get their way.

This is a pretty complex issue around planning, traffic, pedestrians, leases and sub-leases and land ownership.  The site proposed by The Ely Centre (the organisation behind the memorial) is at an extremely busy traffic junction and beside the gates of a local school, therefore the footfall there is very heavy.  I think this was behind the objections from Transport NI and also DFI Roads (AFAIK) given the size and nature of the memorial.  The memorial was designed and built before anything was agreed with planners etc.  As with a number of these events the families of the bereaved do not speak with one voice.

I don't know of anyone in Enniskillen who opposes a memorial, however I do know of several people who are unhappy with the way the organisers tried to back the Diocesan Trust into a corner and then out them as unsympathetic to or blocking a memorial to the victims.  The attitude seems to have been (IMHO) "let's go ahead sure no-one will ever dare object to this".

tiempo

Michael Gault not happy it was taken away on the back of a lorry, "disgraceful" he reckons.

I wonder how the memorial got there in the first place, surely not on the back of a... lorry??

Unionism is on a one horse race to the bottom.

Hereiam

They applied for planning permission on this piece of land without contacting the church first to see if it would be ok. They have some cheek to come out now an play the "everyone is against us" card

Insane Bolt

Quote from: Hereiam on May 09, 2018, 04:25:45 PM
They applied for planning permission on this piece of land without contacting the church first to see if it would be ok. They have some cheek to come out now an play the "everyone is against us" card

I'm curious how can you apply for planning permission on land you don't own?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Insane Bolt on May 09, 2018, 04:38:14 PM

There has been plenty of these things erected all over N.I without planning
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AQMP

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 09, 2018, 04:44:47 PM

You can get planning permission to develop a site without the owner's permission but you must inform the landowner that you are making a planning application for the site.  So you need to tell them you're making an application but you don't need their permission to do so.

Insane Bolt

Quote from: AQMP on May 09, 2018, 04:56:56 PM

You can get planning permission to develop a site without the owner's permission but you must inform the landowner that you are making a planning application for the site.  So you need to tell them you're making an application but you don't need their permission to do so.

Sorry but how can approval be given without the owner's consent?

Rossfan

Planning permission doesn't give you any right to enter someone else's land.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Dougal Maguire

You don't need the owners consent to get planning approval
Careful now

BennyCake

Was that when there was a streaker at the Norn Iron match? ;)

tiempo

Its about time Arlene wore a broach to denote which language she's speaking at any given time, she has a tendency to flit between Ulster Scots and Queens English. I'm hur tey help when translated actually means we'll get you in the long grass.

Orior

Teresa May mislaid the House of Commons yesterday with her rant about only soldiers being investigated. Maybe she should check the information being fed to her by the DUP.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-44065507
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

haranguerer

I wouldn't imagine it was the DUP briefing her - that talk lets her off. Clearly deliberately misleading parliament is how I'd view it

longballin

Quote from: Orior on May 10, 2018, 11:36:21 AM
Teresa May mislaid the House of Commons yesterday with her rant about only soldiers being investigated. Maybe she should check the information being fed to her by the DUP.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-44065507

Hardly a co-incidence: News today ex-soldier to face trial. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-44054776

trailer

I think our elected reps have let us down badly here. People who committed crimes (on all sides) are being investigated. As they should. They should be brought to justice. If you didn't commit a crime, then you've nothing to be fearful of. They should be making this point to the government.
How did one PM put it? Yes that's right "Crime is crime is crime"