Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw ball

If reports are correct the officials were busy that day. McGeeney seemingly facing a 12 week ban for verbal abuse of Joe McQuillan.

paddyjohn

Quote from: bogieman on April 25, 2017, 06:58:12 PM
The player should have had a county representative with him, full stop.

The rest, what a load of oul bollocks.

If you're caught doing something wrong, stand up like a man and take your medicine, keep your integrity.
I am very disillusioned with both clubs and county boards trying all they can to get offences / sentences off on technicalities; see above, be a man about it.
If the fact that all players signed that letter, ... 'nuff said.

Bang goes the trip to ballybofey, or maybe the current might of cargin could form and amicable amalgamation with the ulster experience of st galls managed by joint MR/CB for the trip to Donegal ?

PS. give the sausage to the dog.

Suppose McGuinness/Paisley have done joined forces for the greater good but CB/MR would be Donald Trump/Kim Jong Un material...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 25, 2017, 01:55:20 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 25, 2017, 01:53:11 PM
https://mmj.tees.ac.uk/~project41/2017/04/25/hung-out-to-dry/

seems strange on two fronts, until we get the full story (and not from a brother of a guy who may or may not be on the squad) I wouldnt pass judgement on it.... If the player did something and was caught then deal with it, if its no conclusive and it could be a number of players due to poor image then Croke park needs to be definitive on the rules for this also...

but no lets get the media on it and make Antrim a news story for all the wrong reasons

You doubting me Dazza?

Agree,  yet again Antrim make the headlines for the wrong reasons..

Well with the amount of crap pj/cb you say it's hard to judge
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 25, 2017, 08:37:14 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on April 25, 2017, 01:55:20 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 25, 2017, 01:53:11 PM
https://mmj.tees.ac.uk/~project41/2017/04/25/hung-out-to-dry/

seems strange on two fronts, until we get the full story (and not from a brother of a guy who may or may not be on the squad) I wouldnt pass judgement on it.... If the player did something and was caught then deal with it, if its no conclusive and it could be a number of players due to poor image then Croke park needs to be definitive on the rules for this also...

but no lets get the media on it and make Antrim a news story for all the wrong reasons

You doubting me Dazza?

Agree,  yet again Antrim make the headlines for the wrong reasons..

Well with the amount of crap pj/cb you say it's hard to judge

Say what you want, we aren't that far off the mark.

Milltown Row2

We? You're the same person, you talk riddles and none of it positive....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 25, 2017, 09:38:17 PM
We? You're the same person, you talk riddles and none of it positive....

Away and have a lay down horse.. holy smokes, imagine thinking I'm from Toome...  >:(

restorepride

Jaysus, what goes around comes around, Patrick John! I thought you were from Derry! Fair play to your County Board, Division 4 or not, prepared to tell the truth. Up Roddy?! 1905 Tyrone Feis was in Toome.

paddyjohn

Quote from: restorepride on April 26, 2017, 12:00:31 AM
Jaysus, what goes around comes around, Patrick John! I thought you were from Derry! Fair play to your County Board, Division 4 or not, prepared to tell the truth. Up Roddy?! 1905 Tyrone Feis was in Toome.

You'd have to go back a few years to get my Derry blood!

country bumpkin

And my roots are firmly in Tyrone......another poor call from MR2.....not his first I believe.

CentreHalfBack

I blame Conor Murray and Joe Brolly over the whole thing.
New season - new reason

paddyjohn

Not alot of shocks last night in the leagues. Big scoring game in Milltown, Cargin back to winning ways and Creggan a good win in PG1. Antrim and Ardoyne shipping heavy defeats in Div2, could be a long season for them. St Endas seem to be flying at the top of Div2. Div 3 was predictable with big wins for Glenravel, Sarsfields and St Mals.

BrendanAntrim

Reading Frankie Quinn's comments in the ATN puts a new slant on the whole player identification row. Suppose there is always two sides to a story - at least.

paddyjohn

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on April 27, 2017, 02:04:12 PM
Reading Frankie Quinn's comments in the ATN puts a new slant on the whole player identification row. Suppose there is always two sides to a story - at least.

What did he say?

Milltown Row2

Waiting on Cb/pj coming back blaming sv again, cause that's exactly what that brother of a person involved with the squad had told him  ;D

bannside

It's all Saffron Visions fault lol.

I saw and heard all the angles in this story and knew there would be no winners in this, just losers. Once again the Irish News jumped for the big hit on Antrim with a splash across the back pages. Yet another cheap shot.

Frankie Quinn couldn't have done much more than he did but there was a serious overreaction by making the players statement public and I'd say the relationship between the board and the football management team is in tatters going forward. Bar a miracle in a month my guess is that we are probably looking for a new set up.