Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Quote from: johnneycool on April 25, 2017, 09:05:35 AM
Quote from: Hectic on April 25, 2017, 08:56:41 AM
Yeah the lad in question should have had some representation from our County at his hearing.  Not sure what the rest of the letter is about.

It's a bit of a sticky one for Antrim CB when Croke Park no doubt were putting them under pressure for a name to be seen to be coming down hard on what must have been an off the ball incident reading between the lines and trying to keep the player in question available for the championship. Not giving any name due to lack of "total certainty" will only wash for so long.
If there was genuine doubt as to the person in the photo it doesn't say much for the lad who probably knew it was him and was content to keep his gub shut and let this shit get to the letter writing stage.

Irrespective it was bad manners that the Antrim Croke Park delegate or someone in the county executive wasn't there to represent the lad in question.
Think concern expressed as to how the original judgement was overturned on an appeal which the CB could or would not  take part and then was revisited a few weeks later with the original decision imposed.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on April 25, 2017, 12:12:44 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on April 25, 2017, 09:05:35 AM
Quote from: Hectic on April 25, 2017, 08:56:41 AM
Yeah the lad in question should have had some representation from our County at his hearing.  Not sure what the rest of the letter is about.

It's a bit of a sticky one for Antrim CB when Croke Park no doubt were putting them under pressure for a name to be seen to be coming down hard on what must have been an off the ball incident reading between the lines and trying to keep the player in question available for the championship. Not giving any name due to lack of "total certainty" will only wash for so long.
If there was genuine doubt as to the person in the photo it doesn't say much for the lad who probably knew it was him and was content to keep his gub shut and let this shit get to the letter writing stage.

Irrespective it was bad manners that the Antrim Croke Park delegate or someone in the county executive wasn't there to represent the lad in question.
Think concern expressed as to how the original judgement was overturned on an appeal which the CB could or would not  take part and then was revisited a few weeks later with the original decision imposed.

I'm sure if they use the same logic that turned over the first appeal then it would surely turn over the other appeal?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

I was speaking to a lad very close to the panel last night, he says its the straw that broke the camels back for them over quite a lot of issues that the panel have had and that is why they took they course of action that they did.  He didn't divulge a huge amount of detail as to what issues they were and I didn't ask.

NAG1

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 25, 2017, 12:20:56 PM
I was speaking to a lad very close to the panel last night, he says its the straw that broke the camels back for them over quite a lot of issues that the panel have had and that is why they took they course of action that they did.  He didn't divulge a huge amount of detail as to what issues they were and I didn't ask.

See that is complete BS

If they have issues of how they are being treated, come out and be honest and tell everyone what they are.

Don't hide behind some none issue as a catch all because then no one will support them.

Draw up a list of grievances take it to the CB and try to get it dealt with like men and if then they dont get the support they feel they deserve take some sort of action accordingly.

But not this as it only serves to weaken what ever position they 'thought' they had on the relevant issues.

paddyjohn

Quote from: AQMP on April 25, 2017, 12:37:18 PM

"A lad very close to the panel" does that mean one of the current squad??  It's very hard to judge the rights and wrongs of "issues" or even resolve them when one of the players who has these "issues" won't say what they are.

His brother is on the squad.

Clover

The most amazing thing is we're is bannside can he not get out of sv backside to sort this out he's got inside info from both camps

BrendanAntrim

Frustrating to see us back in the news for the wrong reasons. :(

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on April 25, 2017, 01:34:39 PM
Frustrating to see us back in the news for the wrong reasons. :(

Self inflicted as usual
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: AQMP on April 25, 2017, 01:18:42 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on April 25, 2017, 12:45:16 PM
Quote from: AQMP on April 25, 2017, 12:37:18 PM

"A lad very close to the panel" does that mean one of the current squad??  It's very hard to judge the rights and wrongs of "issues" or even resolve them when one of the players who has these "issues" won't say what they are.
His brother is on the squad.

Right.  Maybe you could ask him to ask his brother what are the issues the squad has?

No chance lol..

Milltown Row2

https://mmj.tees.ac.uk/~project41/2017/04/25/hung-out-to-dry/

seems strange on two fronts, until we get the full story (and not from a brother of a guy who may or may not be on the squad) I wouldnt pass judgement on it.... If the player did something and was caught then deal with it, if its no conclusive and it could be a number of players due to poor image then Croke park needs to be definitive on the rules for this also...

but no lets get the media on it and make Antrim a news story for all the wrong reasons

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 25, 2017, 01:53:11 PM
https://mmj.tees.ac.uk/~project41/2017/04/25/hung-out-to-dry/

seems strange on two fronts, until we get the full story (and not from a brother of a guy who may or may not be on the squad) I wouldnt pass judgement on it.... If the player did something and was caught then deal with it, if its no conclusive and it could be a number of players due to poor image then Croke park needs to be definitive on the rules for this also...

but no lets get the media on it and make Antrim a news story for all the wrong reasons

You doubting me Dazza?

Agree,  yet again Antrim make the headlines for the wrong reasons..

Na Glinntí Glasa

im just catching up on all of this.

So is the jist of it that the county were asked to identify a player for an off the ball incident, they 'couldnt' do it and our county board did it for them without the county management knowing about it?

And the management are pissed because he was identified and will now miss the donegal game, because of something he actually did?
hurl like f**k boi!

Hectic

Yeah look if an offence was committed by the player then there are procedures in place to deal with this.  If he is guilty he is guilty and if the process is followed correctly then the outcome should be clear - well as clear as anything in these cases BUT the CB should have had some representation with him, similar cases should have been taken into account and any precedent thrown into the mix to support his case for either no sentence or minimal sentence if applicable - CB representation should have made this case stronger.

If the players have other grievances then, as pointed out previously here, then they should be raised either with this or separately but not under the guise of this one individual issue.  It is like giving your neighbour a slap on the nose for not holding a door for you and telling the world that this is why you did it when the real reason is he burned your hedge, ate your geraniums and threw a hot sausage from his BBQ into your fish pond.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hectic on April 25, 2017, 03:26:29 PM
Yeah look if an offence was committed by the player then there are procedures in place to deal with this.  If he is guilty he is guilty and if the process is followed correctly then the outcome should be clear - well as clear as anything in these cases BUT the CB should have had some representation with him, similar cases should have been taken into account and any precedent thrown into the mix to support his case for either no sentence or minimal sentence if applicable - CB representation should have made this case stronger.

If the players have other grievances then, as pointed out previously here, then they should be raised either with this or separately but not under the guise of this one individual issue.  It is like giving your neighbour a slap on the nose for not holding a door for you and telling the world that this is why you did it when the real reason is he burned your hedge, ate your geraniums and threw a hot sausage from his BBQ into your fish pond.

The Hot Sausage wouldn't stand a chance!

The person I spoke to wasn't in any mood to be asked about other issues and I wasn't for asking.

bogieman

The player should have had a county representative with him, full stop.

The rest, what a load of oul bollocks.

If you're caught doing something wrong, stand up like a man and take your medicine, keep your integrity.
I am very disillusioned with both clubs and county boards trying all they can to get offences / sentences off on technicalities; see above, be a man about it.
If the fact that all players signed that letter, ... 'nuff said.

Bang goes the trip to ballybofey, or maybe the current might of cargin could form and amicable amalgamation with the ulster experience of st galls managed by joint MR/CB for the trip to Donegal ?

PS. give the sausage to the dog.
This is not Irish dancing. -RH