Your 1st "real" concert...

Started by 5 Sams, October 18, 2011, 10:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

First big concert I was hoping to go to was Michael Jackson in Pairc ui Caoimh iin 1988 . . . but my Dad couldn't get me tickets for that!

I ended up going to see Chris de Burgh at the King's Hall and I f**king loved it! I was 7 at the time.

tbrick18

Quote from: ziggysego on October 18, 2011, 10:40:42 PM
Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood at the Kings Hall, Belfast in 1998.

I was at that too....it was surprisingly good!

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on October 19, 2011, 08:09:23 AM
Big Country - RDS 1985

Those amazing colossal men, hot house flowers, Big Country and Meatloaf - The Friday night at Feile 90.

I was 16 and it was one the greatest weekends of my life - hard to believe it was 21 years ago..... :'(

Big Country were brilliant...
#newbridgeornowhere

behind the wire

Quote from: DownFanatic on October 19, 2011, 12:57:54 AM
Oasis at the Limelight in Belfast in September 1994. The night that they went to Number 1 with Definitely Maybe :) Everyone says that they were there that night.

Slane 2003 with RHCP, Foo Fighters, QOTSA, PJ Harvey and Feeder.

Same here. Great concert.

Always wished i had been at slane the year they showed the ireland match when they qualified for the world cup. 2001??
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: mc_grens on October 19, 2011, 12:32:05 AM
First was REM in Slane in '95.

Snap. I haven't been back to Slane since as nothing will beat that night for me.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Shamrock Shore

QuoteThose amazing colossal men

As far as I can recall they were called Thee Amazing Colossal Men...

Harold Disgracey

The Housemartins Ulster Hall 1987. Had a couple of pints with them in the Linenhall bar beforehand. IIRC the Farm supported them.

seafoid

Prince at Wemberlee 93. I think I saw Smashing Pumpkins at the RDS the same year.

What's the best concert you were ever at? 

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AQMP

Elvis Costello - Ulster Hall.  Think it was March 1978..either a few days before or after Patrick's Day, IIRC.

glens abu

Seen Amen Corner at Dunmore stadium 1967,also grops like Taste in Ulster hall,but 1st really big one was Led Zeppelin in Ulster hall 1969.

Bingo

U2 at RDS in 1993 for Zoo TV concert, was there for Friday and Saturday night.

Memories was the scale of the stage - massive. Also walking from RDS to Drumcondra after it, to the flat we were staying in. I was 17, on my own and had no idea of Dublin at all.

The main memory though is Saturday night, we got into the pit and Bono took Naomi Campbell up onto stage about 10 feet from my spec. I'll never forget that arse in a long tight red dress  ;D

Orior

My last concert was at the Odyssey in Belfast to see Dolly Parton's puppies. They were "real" good.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

5 Sams

Quote from: Bingo on October 19, 2011, 10:49:28 AM
U2 at RDS in 1993 for Zoo TV concert, was there for Friday and Saturday night.

Memories was the scale of the stage - massive. Also walking from RDS to Drumcondra after it, to the flat we were staying in. I was 17, on my own and had no idea of Dublin at all.

The main memory though is Saturday night, we got into the pit and Bono took Naomi Campbell up onto stage about 10 feet from my spec. I'll never forget that arse in a long tight red dress  ;D

What was Bono doing wearing a dress :-\
The Aristocrat Years

Bingo

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 19, 2011, 11:05:01 AM
What was Bono doing wearing a dress :-\

Was the only way he could hide his high heels on stage.

Don Johnson

Not a big concert fan. Only been to a handful in my life.

The first I went to though was Scooter, back in 96 or 97.

They came out and were obviously baked off their faces, did about three songs and left. Money well spent.