Amanda Knox & Raffaele Sollecito freed on appeal in Kercher case

Started by Minder, October 03, 2011, 09:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Did they explain why she lied and tried to pin it on the other guy who was proven innocent originally?
MWWSI 2017

sheamy

HiMucker

Quote from: muppet on October 04, 2011, 11:57:26 AM
Did they explain why she lied and tried to pin it on the other guy who was proven innocent originally?
She possibly could have accused him in the same way she herself was accused.   Ie.  she felt that his behaviour either before or after pointed to his guilt.  This is obviously wrong, but it does not mean she is guitly.
Also a cellmate of Rude Guede (who is a convicted child killer) testified that he confessed to him that he and unnamed male accomplice committed the murder.

I should have also stated above that the "sex game" story that the prosecution has stuck rigidly to is only a theory, and there is no evidence to suggest rape.

AQMP

Knox claimed that this statement was coerced out of her by the police.

Part of the original evidence that played a big part was Knox's "odd" behaviour when questioned by the police and her seeming indifference to Kercher's death.

This appeal seems to have rested on the defence successfully challenging the DNA evidence that put Knox and Sollectio at the scene on the night of the murder and also identified a knife found in Sollecito's kitchen being the murder weapon.  Without a murder weapon and any evidence that they were at the scene at the time of the murder it seems reasonable that their appeal was allowed?

muppet

Quote from: HiMucker on October 04, 2011, 12:16:04 PM
She possibly could have accused him in the same way she herself was accused.   Ie.  she felt that his behaviour either before or after pointed to his guilt.  This is obviously wrong, but it does not mean she is guitly.
Also a cellmate of Rude Guede (who is a convicted child killer) testified that he confessed to him that he and unnamed male accomplice committed the murder.

I should have also stated above that the "sex game" story that the prosecution has stuck rigidly to is only a theory, and there is no evidence to suggest rape.

Knox said that Lumumba her boss did it, not Guede. In the appeal she withdrew that claiming the police had pressurized her into blaming him.
MWWSI 2017

HiMucker

Quote from: sheamy on October 04, 2011, 12:02:35 PM
Forget the evidence and stuff...

would ya go there?
Indeed I would.  Wouldnt mind seeing her Naples!

HiMucker

Quote from: muppet on October 04, 2011, 12:24:34 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on October 04, 2011, 12:16:04 PM

Knox said that Lumumba her boss did it, not Guede. In the appeal she withdrew that claiming the police had pressurized her into blaming him.
Sorry muppet, thats not what I meant.  I was elluding to the possibiliity that even know Lumumba was exonerated, maybe he was Guedes accomplice.  Though other posters has explained why she pointed the finger at him.

orangeman

Did Kercher's family not make a plea to the jury not to acquit her believing that she was indeed the murderer ?

She's in for millions of $$$ now. The chat show circuit and the newspaper interviews await.

Then the movie !.

HiMucker

Quote from: orangeman on October 04, 2011, 01:26:30 PM
Did Kercher's family not make a plea to the jury not to acquit her believing that she was indeed the murderer ?She's in for millions of $$$ now. The chat show circuit and the newspaper interviews await.

Then the movie !.
Dont think they said this.  There main issue was how could there be such a radical overturn from the first outcome to this one

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: HiMucker on October 04, 2011, 02:31:37 PM
Did Kercher's family not make a plea to the jury not to acquit her believing that she was indeed the murderer ?She's in for millions of $$$ now. The chat show circuit and the newspaper interviews await.

Then the movie !.
Dont think they said this.  There main issue was how could there be such a radical overturn from the first outcome to this one

The dna evidence on which most of the case was based was discredited. Without this the convictions were unsafe.

J OGorman

Did Kercher's family not make a plea to the jury not to acquit her believing that she was indeed the murderer ?

She's in for millions of $$$ now. The chat show circuit and the newspaper interviews await.

Then the movie !.

you got a link for the Kercher's plea?

do you think she would swap the millions to never have gone through the ordeal in the first place?

muppet

The whole thing stinks. I think the right guy is probably in prison but the behaviour of Knox and her ex-boyfriend is very suspicious. I have no idea what happened but if they were completely innocent was it so hard to hard to stick to a story, why point the blame in the wrong direction and given that they were each others' alibi, why fall out?
MWWSI 2017

AQMP

Quote from: muppet on October 04, 2011, 03:17:09 PM
The whole thing stinks. I think the right guy is probably in prison but the behaviour of Knox and her ex-boyfriend is very suspicious. I have no idea what happened but if they were completely innocent was it so hard to hard to stick to a story, why point the blame in the wrong direction and given that they were each others' alibi, why fall out?

One thing that I didn't realise about their relationship until I read it this morning is that far from being a lovey-dovey couple, Sollecito and Knox had only known each other for a week before the murder.  Now I'm all for love at first sight but...

seafoid

I think it's all that far left  Obama's fault.-

Tyrones own

Quote from: seafoid on October 04, 2011, 04:02:34 PM
I think it's all that far left  Obama's fault.-
Fcuk...speaking of radical turn arounds  :D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann