Started by ExcellentDriver, June 28, 2011, 06:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Tony Baloney

Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 28, 2011, 09:47:53 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 28, 2011, 07:40:05 PM
Quote from: Minder on June 28, 2011, 07:24:05 PM
A shameful episode in the "struggle".
The acts were shameful enough but what is hard to stomach is that the Deputy First Minister and his colleagues in SF could at any point let the authorities know the location of the bodies and let the families live in peace.

I don't think they know to be fair. Such jobs were probably left to individuals who could be dead or may not recall the exact spot or of course some may give false info for fear of giving their identities away.
I don't believe for one minute that they had no way of finding out. Who else was in a better position to do so?

mylestheslasher

All I am saying is if someone told me to bury someone in a bog 20 years ago in the dark and then in 20 years time pin point where I did it I reckon it would be difficult. I'm not excusing the acts, they were disgraceful and cruel whether in 1970 or 1922. But realistically there is no reason sf would not want to help these families and i believe they have done so on many of the cases.

Main Street

That would be true if he was buried in a bog, but this excavation is in a clearly marked spot.
The thread title is misleading as it's far from being confirmed which body is exhumed.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Minder on June 28, 2011, 09:27:38 PM
Where should the family send the "thank you"card to Nally?

Without the cynical horseshit, my point is that people were insinuating that no help in finding the bodies has been forthcoming. Is it just a coincidence that they are being found one by one in recent times? Hardly.

As for your cynical post, I have always been disgusted at the IRA disappearing bodies, both in recent times, and in Cork 1922 etc.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

Quote from: seafoid on June 28, 2011, 06:33:19 PM
What a waste of a life . This is your "only 20%" Nallystand.

I assume you also dispise the Old IRA who also disappeared people?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Nally Stand on June 28, 2011, 11:55:31 PM

You continually cite the actions of the IRA in the 1920s, as if this somehow exonerates the more recent bunch. How does that work? If you're trying to argue that the old IRA was just as murderous and savage and indiscriminate as Gerry and Marty's crew, why don't you just say that?

Nally Stand

Quote from: Myles Na G. on June 29, 2011, 06:50:52 AM

You continually cite the actions of the IRA in the 1920s, as if this somehow exonerates the more recent bunch. How does that work? If you're trying to argue that the old IRA was just as murderous and savage and indiscriminate as Gerry and Marty's crew, why don't you just say that?

Read the final line of my remarks at Post #19.

seafoid

Actually, Nallystand, I think the 26 counties would have been better off in the 30s with more Protestants.
Maybe FF wouldn't have acted in the way it did if there had been people around who knew how to do things properly.
I don't think there is any justification in disappearing people. 

You do your cause no favours by supporting this sort of behaviour.

HiMucker

Quote from: seafoid on June 29, 2011, 10:55:36 AM

Actually, Nallystand, I think the 26 counties would have been better off in the 30s with more Protestants.
Maybe FF wouldn't have acted in the way it did if there had been people around who knew how to do things properly.

From what I have read he has clearly stated he does not support it.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Where does he say he supports it?
Tbc....

Fear ón Srath Bán

Some of the idiotic posts on this thread do nothing but point up the cloud cuckoo land existence of those who really believe that 'all our wars are merry, and all our songs are sad'.

This was a tragedy where this young man's life was taken, most probably, because he was fingered by the real informer. To listen to some of the Walter Mittyesque musings hereon you'd swear some here would be happy to have the real informer around for a few jars and a bit of the oul craic... ah sure why not, he'll only be getting us killed.

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Nally Stand

I would refer you, like Myles na G, to the final line of my remarks in Post #19, but just to make sure you don't miss it again, here's what I said...

" I have always been disgusted at the IRA disappearing bodies, both in recent times, and in Cork 1922 etc."

And you didn't answer my question. Do you hold the Old IRA in disdain?

Evil Genius

Quote from: Nally Stand on June 28, 2011, 11:43:22 PMI have always been disgusted at the IRA disappearing bodies, both in recent times, and in Cork 1922 etc.
Have you ever been sufficiently disgusted by the Disappearances for them to cause you to withdraw your support for the IRA (Troubles or 1922)?

And if not, can you conceive of any limits which might have caused you to say: "Enough is Enough"?
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"