7 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 206

AQMP

Quote from: ross4life on October 26, 2011, 06:07:16 PM
Quote from: ross matt on October 26, 2011, 05:11:38 PM
Quote from: Hardy on October 26, 2011, 05:00:39 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 26, 2011, 04:52:32 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 26, 2011, 04:47:30 PM
That leaves two, the midget and the lady. The lady's letters wouldn't overly bother me and I'm glad he got back in to the race. However I'll revert back to what I said way back when, the midget called Michael Graham a w**ker so he gets my vote. Hope he pulls through as he's the least worst of all of them.

I think this is the tagline for this election and ultimately will see the little man get in.

That's about it. I don't think I''ll even put a No. 2 on the paper.

Yeah Hardy. I'll find it hard to vote for any of them being honest. The thoughts of voting someone for our Presidency because they're "least worst" is depressing but if I do vote it'll be for that reason only.

Awful candidates in a dirty campaign still have no idea who to vote the lesser evil i guess?

Ah go on...vote for Marty...you know you want to ;)

Mont

seanie was exposed as a liar - just like his mates from his party

How anyone in their right mind would want anyone related to that party in the Aras is beyond me after the mess they have left the coountry in

Is he still second favourite - have the people lost their mind?

This race has turned into something akin to the race for the White House - dig up as much dirt on anyone going against you as possible, crazy crazy stuff

Nally Stand

EG, contrary to your post, the first british soldier killed was actually Hugh McCabe in 1969, who was killed by the RUC. Furthermore, the first RUC officer to be killed (Constable William Arbuckle), was killed by loyalists. The first sectarian killings (of John Scullion and Peter Ward) were carried out by the UVF; the first bombings (in 1969), by loyalists; the first state killings (of Sammy Devenney, in front of his family; of nine-year-old Patrick Rooney) by the RUC.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Applesisapples on October 26, 2011, 05:35:22 PM
1 million unionists is a myth...

Doesn't prevent him from trotting it out at every (un)available opportunity though (Walter Mitty was more grounded in reality).

He'd do well to read 'Northern Protestants; an unsettled people', by Susan Mc Kay - he could learn so much about the northern prods, so much, since he's so obviously clueless about them.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Pangurban

Typical Southern response to my post. Rather than address the issues raised, they go defensive and use antipathy to SF and M.M.G as the reasons behind their anti northern bias, this despite the fact that i never mentioned either of them. I can understand people not voting SF. I have already declared that if i were not denied the vote to which i am entitled, i would be voting for Dana. This recent campaign has brought into sharp focus the hypocrisy, rottenness and corruption at the heart of southern irish society where me-ifein is the only philosophy. Hardy protests about being lectured to, by people who think they are better than them. We dont think it Hardy, we are. When it comes to trust,integrity and principle, any northener Unionist or Nationalist is superior to the products of the sentimental, pietistic, censorious society that was the Irish Free State and the pretend republic that evolved from it. If your forthcoming review of the constitution has the courage of its beliefs[ thats a laugh] they will remove the right to hold an Irish Passport from residents  of the North. Too save them the trouble, i have surrendered mine. Better a reluctant British subject, than a citizen of a corrupt,hypocritical,delusional Republic, which is for sale to the highest bidder

Hardy

In all my life, this is the first time anyone has ever had the breathtaking arrogance to tell me that they consider themselves superior to me. If you're serious, I'm struggling to decide whether my pity for you or my contempt for you is stronger.

Pangurban

I have already experienced your contempt, and i dont need your pity

ONeill

I'm superior to Hardy in playing Lord Lovett's Lament on the pipes.

You wait for a bus to come along....
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

anglocelt39

Quote from: Pangurban on October 26, 2011, 08:25:32 PM
Typical Southern response to my post. Rather than address the issues raised, they go defensive and use antipathy to SF and M.M.G as the reasons behind their anti northern bias, this despite the fact that i never mentioned either of them. I can understand people not voting SF. I have already declared that if i were not denied the vote to which i am entitled, i would be voting for Dana. This recent campaign has brought into sharp focus the hypocrisy, rottenness and corruption at the heart of southern irish society where me-ifein is the only philosophy. Hardy protests about being lectured to, by people who think they are better than them. We dont think it Hardy, we are. When it comes to trust,integrity and principle, any northener Unionist or Nationalist is superior to the products of the sentimental, pietistic, censorious society that was the Irish Free State and the pretend republic that evolved from it. If your forthcoming review of the constitution has the courage of its beliefs[ thats a laugh] they will remove the right to hold an Irish Passport from residents  of the North. Too save them the trouble, i have surrendered mine. Better a reluctant British subject, than a citizen of a corrupt,hypocritical,delusional Republic, which is for sale to the highest bidder

Eh, just two comments/questions on the highlighted bit,

1. Didn't you forget the preface............far be it from me to make stupid, uninformed, sweeping generalizations but..............

2. Which section of the Orange Order/DUP hymn sheet circa 1970 did you borrow those words of wisdom from.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Pangurban on October 26, 2011, 08:25:32 PM

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

stephenite

This is the same Pangurban that once defended the rights of priests to rape children.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Evil Genius on October 26, 2011, 01:25:22 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on October 26, 2011, 12:42:06 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on October 26, 2011, 12:38:04 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 26, 2011, 11:24:47 AM
Quote from: Tubberman on October 26, 2011, 10:20:42 AM

As Appliesisapples has said, if there is to be a United Ireland, it's not going to be a utopia for anyone.
For us in the south, it won't be carry on as normal with the 6 northern counties merely slotting in to our existing structures.
For those in the north, it's not going to be some northern nationalist republic that extends into and consumes the 26.

In fact it will probably be the current Northern Unionist population who will be in permanent government, tacked on to FG, SF, Labour or another party that may arise, switching their alleigence as they see fit. Indeed they may be the lead party in a coalition of fractured nationalist parties. What might prevent this if the middle class ones break away into a seperate party or join up with an existing party in the Republic.
At last!

At least one Irishman is able to recognise that there are one million irish people who will have a vote (and the casting vote, at that) in determining how Ireland is going to turn out.

Now if you could just make the further step and accept that that vote is only ever going to be cast so as to prevent  any United Ireland taking place, then you'd be right there (with only another 4 million? of your fellow Irish men and women to catch up...)

So you can speak for ALL unionists forEVER?  :o
No, and I should apologise if I gave that impression.

I can only speak for myself. But as a Unionist, I feel entitled to express the opinion that after nearly a century of resisting the threat to NI's very existence, including during a World War and decades of civil strife etc, I see no prospect of any significant number of Unionists ceasing to be so, in the foreseeable future.

And every recent election and opinion poll backs up that up, even including during the years when the Celtic Tiger was roaring, and the NI economy was stagnant.

In fact if anything, the evidence points to significant numbers of NI Nationalists retreating from their previously strong views on the Border etc, which may only be expected as their Civil and Political Rights in NI are protected, whilst the relative economic superiority of the ROI over NI is reversed.

Evil Genius I can tell you I have several friends from a Northern Protestant &/or Northern Unionist background over here in Liverpool and quite a few of them vary from being able to accept a United Ireland if it ever comes about (but still wanting to keep up the connection with the British armed forces) to a friend who regularly says she hopes there is a United Ireland will happen soon, but she is British & Irish until it happens. She in fact she almost exclusively associates with Irish people and has a bit of an attitude towards England (which I think is a bit ungrateful as she lives over here).

I know this is little more than anecdotal evidence, but if the likes of these people move back to the North, your secure Union may not be as secure as you would like to believe.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Hardy on October 26, 2011, 08:42:38 PM
In all my life, this is the first time anyone has ever had the breathtaking arrogance to tell me that they consider themselves superior to me. If you're serious, I'm struggling to decide whether my pity for you or my contempt for you is stronger.

You know what they call those types don't you  ;)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 26, 2011, 10:22:12 PM
Quote from: Hardy on October 26, 2011, 08:42:38 PM

You know what they call those types don't you  ;)
Academics?
( normally those deluded fcukwits like tothinkthey are above everyone else but couldn't worktosave their lives)!

Btw - talking of deluded ,  that discredited cain report craps up valuable space o here again!  :)