Mitchell, Gay
3 (1.5%)
Norris, David
7 (3.4%)
Scallon, Dana Rosemary
7 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 206

muppet

http://tribune.maithu.com/archive/article/2009/jul/12/former-hunger-striker-ready-for-developer-battle/

There you go Sheamy. A Republican who is a property developer who built houses that are not fit to live in.

QuoteQ. What was Alan Dukes doing during this period? ANGLO IRISH BANK CHAIRMAN
Q. What party is he from? A. Fine Gael

Try some Google before you embarrass yourself further. You would find that Sean Fitzpatrick was the Anglo Chairman doing that period. You might have heard of him, if you knew even the first thing about the bank crisis. Dukes was appointed after Anglo collapsed.
MWWSI 2017

Applesisapples

Quote from: muppet on October 18, 2011, 01:54:06 PM
http://tribune.maithu.com/archive/article/2009/jul/12/former-hunger-striker-ready-for-developer-battle/

There you go Sheamy. A Republican who is a property developer who built houses that are not fit to live in.

Try some Google before you embarrass yourself further. You would find that Sean Fitzpatrick was the Anglo Chairman doing that period. You might have heard of him, if you knew even the first thing about the bank crisis. Dukes was appointed after Anglo collapsed.
Too points, he was an Ex Republican and secondly never let facts stand in the way of a good story!!

muppet

Quote from: Applesisapples on October 18, 2011, 01:59:18 PM

Too points, he was an Ex Republican and secondly never let facts stand in the way of a good story!!

The following statement is correct: He was a Republican.

If Sheamy throws out Lowry as an example, given that he resigned in 1996, the hunger striker is fair game be used to expose his 'SF are outside the cozy consensus' nonsense.
MWWSI 2017

Nally Stand

In fairness, Sheamy was referring to Sinn Féin. Tom McFeely is neither a member nor supporter of Sinn Féin.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Applesisapples

Quote from: muppet on October 18, 2011, 02:06:17 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on October 18, 2011, 01:59:18 PM

The following statement is correct: He was a Republican.

If Sheamy throws out Lowry as an example, given that he resigned in 1996, the hunger striker is fair game be used to expose his 'SF are outside the cozy consensus' nonsense.
I don't disagree and I was being facetious as anyone with any understanding of the Anglo debacle would have know that Alan Dukes was post collapse and Mr Fitzpatrick has lets say presided over its more colourful history. By the way he's not the only Republican ex or otherwise to profit from development.

muppet

Question for the Shinners are outside the cozy consensus brigade:

Who was the Chairman of Bank of Scotland (Ireland) up to 2006?
MWWSI 2017

Nally Stand

Quote from: muppet on October 18, 2011, 02:14:08 PM

Quote from: sheamy on October 18, 2011, 01:40:19 PM
Was there or was there not a cosy middle class consensus comprising primarily of FF, FG and PD voters occupying the same right/middle spectrum in this country over the past 10 years?

The answer to your question, muppet, is Phill Flynn, who resigned from Sinn Féin in the 1980's.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ross matt

Quote from: Evil Genius on October 18, 2011, 12:44:58 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 18, 2011, 08:17:53 AM
Quote from: Evil Genius on October 18, 2011, 02:21:42 AM
MMcG expressed no remorse at the time of the bombing, which is universally believed to have been carried out by the Derry Brigade of the IRA, of which he was then either OC or 2OC.

He has never unequivocally condemned the carnage, either. (In fact, I don't think he has even accepted that it was the Provos who did it).

And he has done precisely nothing to assist in helping the grieving relatives achieve closure etc, by investigating exactly who was responsible.

Therefore in judging MMcG's words from 1972 in the light of Claudy, just one atrocity amongst many from that time, you might be happy to conclude that "Attitudes change. Opinions change. That's life".

But here is my conclusion. If McMG has any regrets about his role in the murder of hundreds of innocent Irish people committed by the IRA, it is only that the "Armed Struggle" [sic] did not succeed in its stated aim of driving the Brits out of Ireland etc:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzvpMlHuIrs&feature=related

And that the only reason he turned to "Peace", was because he finally realised that far from uniting Ireland, the campaign was only serving to drive an ever deeper wedge between the various peoples of Ireland, with ever decreasing hope of some sort of military success. Therefore he betrayed all the principles (and comrades) he had formerly sworn to uphold and instead engaged in a process of collaboration with his erstwhile enemies, solely for the political advantage that this might bring him and his party.

For just as a Leopard may not change its spots, so a vicious, murderous, pyschopathic c u n t  may never fully expunge the dark poison which festers deep within him:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch5u8YbOyIE
reminds me a bit of yourself eg - for the above rubbish you wrote is yet another yawn.
Ah, so someone pointing to an episode of the mass murder of entirely innocent Irish men, women and children is tiresome, eh? Just how callous do you have to be to be a SF Republican?

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 18, 2011, 08:17:53 AMthis time you use the claudy bombing to attempt and leverage a rant at mcguinness. shame on you.
I know, it's terrible really. A candidate for high public office is connected to a vile atrocity where inter alia  small children were blown to pieces and 39 years later, it's all people seem to want to talk about. How unfair is that?
You know, it's beginning to make me feel sorry for this other misunderstood patriot, demonised by shameful enemies solely for standing up for his people in the face of foreign aggression:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratko_Mladi%C4%87

Then again, it's all about me and my "shame", isn't it? Why play the ball when you can play the man, eh? Isn't that Tactic No.1 in the "Big Shinner Book of Excuses"? Well done.

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 18, 2011, 08:17:53 AMare you going to try and link the shooting of jfk on him next - just because he didnt publicly condemn it ?
As far as I am aware, it wasn't the Derry Brigade of the IRA who murdered Kennedy, and even if it had, MMcG could point out that he was 13 and 5,000 miles away at the time.

So I don't think it quite compares with an atrocity like Claudy, 35 miles from Derry, carried out by the Derry Brigade of the IRA in 1972, when MMcG has admitted he was an active and leading member of that Brigade, does it?

Still, by throwing JFK into the mix, you've managed to employ Tactic No. 2 in the "Big Shinner Book" i.e. when pressed directly on something you'd rather not admit to, deflect from it, if necessary by using completely wild and inappropriate examples. Well done again.

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 18, 2011, 08:17:53 AMyer some clown.
Maybe I am, but I'd rather be a "clown" than some callous fcuker who defends a sc**bag like MMcG when he says things like:
"... we have always given ample warnings [of car bombs] and anyone was hurt was hurt through their own fault, being too nosy, sticking around the place where the bomb was after they were told to get clear. It's only been their own fault that they got hurt".

Or didn't you read the account of the deaths of some of the victims at Claudy?
Eight-year-old Kathryn was cleaning the windows of her family's shop when the first bomb went off. She died instantly. Her mother, Merle, saw a bomber leave what would be the second bomb beside their shop, not knowing what horror it would bring to her family. "When he stepped out of that car, he saw Kathryn standing at that window," she said. "He should have shouted at her. But he didn't, he just walked away."

David died when the third bomb outside the Beaufort Hotel exploded. He was 60-years-old. He had helped the injured after the first explosion, but when the second device was discovered by police he, along with many others, was directed into the path of the third explosion.

Sixty-five-year-old James was also instantly killed as the third bomb exploded. He too had been helping the injured after the first explosion.

William, 16, had travelled to Claudy from Donemana in County Tyrone. He was a milkman's helper and his round included the village. He had been injured by the first explosion, but was killed instantly in the third.

Their own fault, eh?

People like you make me sick.

The loyalist paramilateries, the brits committed or were responsible for similar atrocities but the point is I suppose they're not running for the Aras. I agree though all disgusting and the weasel worded apologists here would make you sick.

sheamy

muppet

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 18, 2011, 02:20:46 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 18, 2011, 02:14:08 PM

Quote from: sheamy on October 18, 2011, 01:40:19 PM
Was there or was there not a cosy middle class consensus comprising primarily of FF, FG and PD voters occupying the same right/middle spectrum in this country over the past 10 years?

The answer to your question, muppet, is Phill Flynn, who resigned from Sinn Féin in the 1980's.

Hang on a second. I am addressing Sheamy's "cozy cartel" claims which he justified by naming Lowry and Dukes, who are long gone from FG. If his argument is based on long resigned or ex-FG members than he must address the rebuttal using the likes of the Priory Hall developer and Bank of Scotland (Ireland) who fueled the residential boom more than any other bank.

MWWSI 2017

highorlow

Eamon Gilmore was in Official Sinn Fein in the mid '70's
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Nally Stand

Quote from: highorlow on October 18, 2011, 02:44:22 PM

I'm going to apply media logic here and assume he was also therefor in the IRA. Where is all the moral outrage at a man such as this being tánaiste?!!!!!  :o

sheamy

Just to prove for once and all that there is no cosy consensus, here's Michael Fingleton with FF and FG members and senators.

Thank-you for the google tip muppet. I made an error but the central theme of what I was saying still stands. There was an elite society of businessmen and bankers who colluded with politicians from FF, FG and the PDs to run the country for themselves. As long as the stamp duty kept rolling in, the middle classes and their politicians didn't care.

As recent as last year Johnny Ronan (treasury holdings), Michael O'Flynn and JP McManus all funded Fine Gael golf classics. Google those first two names if you will. The official sum raised was around 150k. Nothing cosy here. Nothing to see here. Move on.

sheamy

Eoghan Harris was in it long before that  :D

AQMP

Quote from: sheamy on October 18, 2011, 03:03:58 PM

Eoghan Harris was in it long before that  :D

To be fair Eoghan has clearly moved on...