3 (1.5%)
Norris, David
7 (3.4%)
Scallon, Dana Rosemary
7 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 206

deiseach

Quote from: lawnseed on October 16, 2011, 10:36:42 PM
remember when yeltsin wouldnt/couldnt get off the plane in  shannon to meet the irish president well had it been martin mcguiness he'd have got off.. thats the difference

Guinness - the cause of hangovers
McGuinness - the cure for hangovers

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Evil Genius on October 13, 2011, 11:32:24 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on October 13, 2011, 09:39:41 AMThe election of a President from the 6 gives Nationalists and Republicans a feeling of real belonging to the Irish Nation thats why there is a leaning towards McGuiness
Christ, that would bring a tear to a glass eye and a lump to the throat of a parched Giraffe.

May I take it that you'll all be digging deep to help pay your share of Da Sout's debts, then?   :D

Or maybe you feel you've discharged your patriotic duty with your share of the €7 Bn of Disaster Relief George Osborne sent over a few months back?   ;)

Quote from: Applesisapples on October 13, 2011, 09:39:41 AMMcGuiness is the only one with a track record of achievement.
That's right.
Sure didn't he bring Freedom to the six counties during his (four year) service in the IRA, without any need for any oul nonsense like (ahem) elections?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzvpMlHuIrs&feature=related

The money the British sent was to cover their own banks liabilities, so don't kid yourself that they were doing Dublin any great favours, just covering their own asses.
Tbc....

Farrandeelin

Quote from: cicfada on October 17, 2011, 09:27:33 AM
I bet he starts with the words......." Can I just say.."

What was the announcement?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AZOffaly

Independent presidential candidate David Norris today made a much anticipated statement on the steps of Leinster House – to declare that he is the only true independent in the race.

A media pack gathered to hear what the Norris campaign billed as "a significant announcement" was disappointed as he said nothing of significance.

Mr Norris declared that he was a "24 carat independent" who had never been a member of a political party, on a State board or had his campaign backed by vested interests.

Holding a copy of the Keane report Senator Norris said he never believed he would see evictions again in this country.

The Trinity senator, who was once the frontrunner in the race for the Aras, saw his support halved, from 14pc to 7pc, in the latest opinion poll this weekend.

He posted his plans on Twitter last night, saying "I will be making a very important speech at the gates of Leinster House tomorrow at 10.15am".

He denied today that his announcement was a stunt on the back of poor poll results.

trileacman

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 17, 2011, 04:46:48 PM
Independent presidential candidate David Norris today made a much anticipated statement on the steps of Leinster House – to declare that he is the only true independent in the race.

A media pack gathered to hear what the Norris campaign billed as "a significant announcement" was disappointed as he said nothing of significance.

Mr Norris declared that he was a "24 carat independent" who had never been a member of a political party, on a State board or had his campaign backed by vested interests.

Holding a copy of the Keane report Senator Norris said he never believed he would see evictions again in this country.

The Trinity senator, who was once the frontrunner in the race for the Aras, saw his support halved, from 14pc to 7pc, in the latest opinion poll this weekend.

He posted his plans on Twitter last night, saying "I will be making a very important speech at the gates of Leinster House tomorrow at 10.15am".

He denied today that his announcement was a stunt on the back of poor poll results.
Imagine being a journo and dragging your ass to Leinster house to listen to that.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

ross matt

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 17, 2011, 04:46:48 PM

He deserves to see them halved again for wasting people's time like that.

From the Bunker

Has anyone seen the Movie 'The Madness of King George'? Norris at the moment reminds me of the main character in that flick. Norris is a lovable character, but the intensity he has had to deal with in getting nominated and in dealing with allegations have taken their toll. He's a mental wreck! He definately has go the short staw of the seven candidates. With Dana, Marty, Davis close behind. Mitchels has been all but forgotten by the media. While, Gallagher and Michael D have had it piss easy so far.

lawnseed

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 17, 2011, 08:34:52 PM
Has anyone seen the Movie 'The Madness of King George'? Norris at the moment reminds me of the main character in that flick. Norris is a lovable character, but the intensity he has had to deal with in getting nominated and in dealing with allegations have taken their toll. He's a mental wreck! He definately has go the short staw of the seven candidates. With Dana, Marty, Davis close behind. Mitchels has been all but forgotten by the media. While, Gallagher and Michael D have had it piss easy so far.
so you think david norris is constipated :D
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

lawnseed

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 17, 2011, 07:56:00 AM
besides being a republican. the best reason to vote for martin is that hes a 'somebody'. whats the point of sending any of the rest of them anywhere? we might as well send a homeless wino or dustin the turkey. martin mcguiness demands/commands the attention of the worlds media now never mind as the president of ireland. remember when yeltsin wouldnt/couldnt get off the plane in  shannon to meet the irish president well had it been martin mcguiness he'd have got off.. thats the difference
You really are deluded. All reports suggest that Yeltsin was incapable of getting off the plane, regardless of who was there to greet him.

Also, regarding McGuinness being a 'somebody', our last two Presidents were hardly household names on the international stage before taking up office, yet were highly regarded and respected worldwide. So that argument holds no water.
i'd love to see the results of a survey abroad asking people to name any irish president. you wouldnt have that problem with marty

ardal

Quote from: lawnseed on October 17, 2011, 08:58:47 PM
besides being a republican. the best reason to vote for martin is that hes a 'somebody'. whats the point of sending any of the rest of them anywhere? we might as well send a homeless wino or dustin the turkey. martin mcguiness demands/commands the attention of the worlds media now never mind as the president of ireland. remember when yeltsin wouldnt/couldnt get off the plane in  shannon to meet the irish president well had it been martin mcguiness he'd have got off.. thats the difference
You really are deluded. All reports suggest that Yeltsin was incapable of getting off the plane, regardless of who was there to greet him.

Also, regarding McGuinness being a 'somebody', our last two Presidents were hardly household names on the international stage before taking up office, yet were highly regarded and respected worldwide. So that argument holds no water.
i'd love to see the results of a survey abroad asking people to name any irish president. you wouldnt have that problem with marty

There was one in the north / 6 counties / N de Ireland a wee while back. They even included Dev, and some where correct on the first ever; as I'm sure you know. I was very impressed with how many those abroad could name

Abroad: a different country (cambridge dict; 3, n, N.I slang).

PS sorry but it's only because it's d*ckweed

lawnseed

Blowitupref

Quote from: lawnseed on October 17, 2011, 08:58:47 PM

If Marty gets to be as well know abroad as De Valera,Hyde,Robinson etc have he'll be doing well.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

ardal

cool come back spentseed.

And there was me thinking we'd discuss which countries "abroad" would be surveyed, which type of socio-economic-demograhic we should target etc etc etc

No matter what happens to Ireland, some things shall never change; it's a comforting thought really