Mitchell, Gay
3 (1.5%)
Norris, David
7 (3.4%)
Scallon, Dana Rosemary
7 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 206

lawnseed

besides being a republican. the best reason to vote for martin is that hes a 'somebody'. whats the point of sending any of the rest of them anywhere? we might as well send a homeless wino or dustin the turkey. martin mcguiness demands/commands the attention of the worlds media now never mind as the president of ireland. remember when yeltsin wouldnt/couldnt get off the plane in  shannon to meet the irish president well had it been martin mcguiness he'd have got off.. thats the difference
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Tony Baloney

Quote from: lawnseed on October 16, 2011, 10:36:42 PM
besides being a republican. the best reason to vote for martin is that hes a 'somebody'. whats the point of sending any of the rest of them anywhere? we might as well send a homeless wino or dustin the turkey. martin mcguiness demands/commands the attention of the worlds media now never mind as the president of ireland. remember when gorby wouldnt/couldnt get off the plane in  shannon to meet the irish president well had it been martin mcguiness he'd have got off.. thats the difference
It was Yeltsin.

lawnseed

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 16, 2011, 10:44:50 PM
besides being a republican. the best reason to vote for martin is that hes a 'somebody'. whats the point of sending any of the rest of them anywhere? we might as well send a homeless wino or dustin the turkey. martin mcguiness demands/commands the attention of the worlds media now never mind as the president of ireland. remember when gorby wouldnt/couldnt get off the plane in  shannon to meet the irish president well had it been martin mcguiness he'd have got off.. thats the difference
It was Yeltsin.
no bother
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Gaffer

Quote from: lawnseed on October 16, 2011, 06:57:45 PM
cant understand why martin should have to answer for every ira operation that didnt go according to plan. it was guerilla warfare carried out in the midst of civilians. the ratio of non combatant kills in afganistan is 9 to 1 and that is described as 'tragic but acceptable' by the US army.. the same guys who avail of the facilities provided for them by the ff government and the present government of a "neutral country" ie us.
in accordance with previous wars thats makes ireland a legitimate target were it within the capabilites of the taliban army. just the same as if america was at war with germany and we were helping the yanks we should expect to be attacked

So do you agree with McGuinness and  think that is was innocent peoples's own fault that they were caught up and got injured/killed as a result of IRA activities?

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

muppet

besides being a republican. the best reason to vote for martin is that hes a 'somebody'. whats the point of sending any of the rest of them anywhere? we might as well send a homeless wino or dustin the turkey. martin mcguiness demands/commands the attention of the worlds media now never mind as the president of ireland. remember when yeltsin wouldnt/couldnt get off the plane in  shannon to meet the irish president well had it been martin mcguiness he'd have got off.. thats the difference

O'Neill please stop.

Olly is good, but this guy is driving MGHU to addiction and Nalley & co to insanity.
MWWSI 2017

Shamrock Shore

Quotewhen yeltsin wouldnt/couldnt get off the plane in  shannon to meet the irish president

It was Albert Reynolds, the Taoiseach, who was waiting to greet Boris, not Mary Robinson.

fearbrags

Haven't seen a thread on this so I do not know if one has been up already and and maybe taken down.

Today's front page story in the Irish Daily Mail is that an allegation of a sexual nature has been made against Michael D Higgins and that a statement was made to the Gardai last Friday. The allegations go back 25 years. The complainant is a 47 year old 4FM DJ Niall Boylan.

Maguire01

You really are deluded. All reports suggest that Yeltsin was incapable of getting off the plane, regardless of who was there to greet him.

Also, regarding McGuinness being a 'somebody', our last two Presidents were hardly household names on the international stage before taking up office, yet were highly regarded and respected worldwide. So that argument holds no water.

Maguire01

Quote from: Orangemac on October 16, 2011, 10:36:05 PM
Gay Mitchell may have the personality of a yoghurt carton but for a party that had their best ever result in terms of seats only 7/8 months ago to only be polling around 6% is surely a worrying development for FG.

The honeymoon period is over for FG and will only get worse after the budget. The FF obtuaries that have been written are premature, like a zombie they are never quite dead. When Martin is replaced (maybe by Gallagher if he is not elected president) expect to see a lot of the hardcore FF support drifting back in a few years time as if nothing ever happened.
It's a poor result for FG, but I recall one of the recent polls showing the party continuing to poll high (at around its election result) even though Mitchell was struggling in the same polls.

Maguire01

Quote from: fearbrags on October 17, 2011, 05:49:40 AM
Haven't seen a thread on this so I do not know if one has been up already and and maybe taken down.

Today's front page story in the Irish Daily Mail is that an allegation of a sexual nature has been made against Michael D Higgins and that a statement was made to the Gardai last Friday. The allegations go back 25 years. The complainant is a 47 year old 4FM DJ Niall Boylan.
Unless i'm mistaken, no other media outlet has carried this story. Strange that somebody would suddenly make a complaint for something that happened 25 years ago, just before the election.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 17, 2011, 08:08:40 AM

Unless i'm mistaken, no other media outlet has carried this story. Strange that somebody would suddenly make a complaint for something that happened 25 years ago, just before the election.

Its difficult to believe such an accusation against Michael D Higgins. What next, Dana involved in drug dealing!

Applesisapples

Cue...David Norris writing a letter!!

AQMP

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 17, 2011, 08:08:40 AM

Unless that complaint was about Martin McGuinness of course... ;)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Applesisapples on October 17, 2011, 09:11:20 AM

Cue...David Norris writing a letter!!

Whatever about a letter, I think I heard on the radio this morning that he is to make some 'important' statement this morning at 10.30.

cicfada

I bet he starts with the words......." Can I just say.."