Mitchell, Gay
3 (1.5%)
Norris, David
7 (3.4%)
Scallon, Dana Rosemary
7 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 206

Main Street

I thought Gay Mitchell was representative of what passes for the progressive wing of Fine Gael.
Gay is energetic, witty and acutely intelligent.
Stand by the man - Mayo Fine Gaelers! don't desert your party man when he needs you, more than you need him.

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ONeill

There's bound to be some dirt on Higgins out there.

Trawling through his poetry here.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Main Street on October 06, 2011, 10:42:02 PM
I thought Gay Mitchell was representative of what passes for the progressive wing of Fine Gael.
Gay is energetic, witty and acutely intelligent.
Stand by the man - Mayo Fine Gaelers! don't desert your party man when he needs you, more than you need him.

I'm sure they will.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on October 06, 2011, 11:58:16 PM
There's bound to be some dirt on Higgins out there.

Trawling through his poetry here.

You need to read it at least 20 times to get a proper understanding of it. Still, better than watching Arsenal and Dinny tear themselves asunder over the winter.

MWWSI 2017

lawnseed

i notice on the news that rte only show michael d in the company of people who are as short as he is or shorter..

in the film 'far and away' starring tom cruise and nicky kidman during the very first scene cruise is in a smugglers hut on the beach i helped construct that hut, we had to do it twice because toms (tommy when i got to know him) people objected that it was too big and from the angle we were shooting tom looked small. also to get the shot just right we had to hire a helicopter and hovver just above the waves so as tom would look tall. during the shoot a large wave engulfed the helicopter and sank it. it was a right off.
    you see the "lenghts" some people will go to to make themselves look tall.. i cant wait to see michael d if hes elected walking on the red carpet in croker wearing platform shoes trying to shake hands with gaa players as they roll around the grass in stitches laughing or perhaps he should hire a helicopter and hang out the door of it...

A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Ulick

Quote from: Tubberman on October 06, 2011, 09:49:55 PMntly aid mitchell is So you can't accuse him of being blindly voting FG.

No I wouldn't do that as I know he doesn't have a vote, so the wife and I have decided to cast our third vote (the register is a shambles down there) on his behalf. Dana 1, McGuinness 2, maybe Norris or Gallagher 3.

Shamrock Shore

Quotein the film 'far and away' starring tom cruise and nicky kidman during the very first scene cruise is in a smugglers hut on the beach

Christ - they shot a scene off Sherrif St under one of the railway bridges that I had the misfortune to witness as a bystander - not as an extra. It ended on the cutting room floor but had it made the cut it would have made that film even worse.

Shannon - ye're a corker.

Shoot me now.

Ooops sorry - may raise some heckles here with that comment - but shur then, it's all in the past. Nobody got hurt filming it and Tom Cruise left Ireland in 1991.

muppet

Quote from: lawnseed on October 07, 2011, 12:21:03 AM
i notice on the news that rte only show michael d in the company of people who are as short as he is or shorter..

in the film 'far and away' starring tom cruise and nicky kidman during the very first scene cruise is in a smugglers hut on the beach i helped construct that hut, we had to do it twice because toms (tommy when i got to know him) people objected that it was too big and from the angle we were shooting tom looked small. also to get the shot just right we had to hire a helicopter and hovver just above the waves so as tom would look tall. during the shoot a large wave engulfed the helicopter and sank it. it was a right off.
    you see the "lenghts" some people will go to to make themselves look tall.. i cant wait to see michael d if hes elected walking on the red carpet in croker wearing platform shoes trying to shake hands with gaa players as they roll around the grass in stitches laughing or perhaps he should hire a helicopter and hang out the door of it...

So true. It is amazing the lengths some people will go to make themselves look big.
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

Michael Twee, should he breast (or, more likely in his case, forehead) the tape will fit nicely in a tradition of extremes of presidential altitude in our history so far. On one extreme there was The Long Fella; on the other was the diminutive Seán Tee O'Kelly (weird reverberations of MDO'H's moniker there too).

I heard a story on the wireless tonight about Seán Tee attending an All-Ireland Final in his presidential capacity. As he walked out to meet the teams, there was a shout from the stand, "will yiz cut the grass till we see the President".

Main Street

What height is Michael D, about 5´6" ?

AQMP

AZOffaly

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on October 07, 2011, 12:38:37 AM
Quotein the film 'far and away' starring tom cruise and nicky kidman during the very first scene cruise is in a smugglers hut on the beach

Christ - they shot a scene off Sherrif St under one of the railway bridges that I had the misfortune to witness as a bystander - not as an extra. It ended on the cutting room floor but had it made the cut it would have made that film even worse.

Shannon - ye're a corker.

Shoot me now.

Ooops sorry - may raise some heckles here with that comment - but shur then, it's all in the past. Nobody got hurt filming it and Tom Cruise left Ireland in 1991.

I think the line was Shannon, you are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen

Hardy

That's nottin. Limerick, you're a lady.

Shamrock Shore

Sean T O'Ceallaigh used to wear a top hat all the time to make him look taller.

It was also most useful for storing the bottles of whiskey.

As for my Offaly pal the actual quote is (and I googled it)

Joseph Donnelly: You're a corker, Shannon. What a corker you are