3 (1.5%)
Norris, David
7 (3.4%)
Scallon, Dana Rosemary
7 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 206

Hound

Quote from: sheamy on October 05, 2011, 12:25:45 PM
The statement clearly shows FG and Gay Mitchel are liars and black propaganaists. Threaten the professional political classes of any hue in the 26 and you get an hysterical response.

But I thought the FG point was that he doesnt give up his £100k plus salary or give it to charity - it all goes to Sinn Fein. Then Sinn Fein pay him whatever they agree.

Marty doesnt dispute this, but I don't see how this makes FG or Gay liars.

When Marty said he'll only take the average industrial wage if he becomes president, a lot of people might have thought that this would save the taxpayer over €200k a year. But FG's point is the money would just go to Sinn Fein instead

AZOffaly

glens. I'm not saying I want to see this, I couldn't give a shite. What I'm saying is that for Martin McGuinness to release this as some sort of proof about his income only throws up more questions, which may well be his intention so that he can swat them away. But if this is his main account, otherwise why bother releasing it, let's just take August and September. Does this look like anyone's financial activity that you know?

Paid 26th of July
Trip to ASDA 29th July
Trip to Musgrave (?) 3rd August
Trip to Musgrave 23rd August
Pay off Credit Card 25th August.

No more txns.

Paid 26th of August
Trip to ASDA 7th September
Trip to JJB 15th September
Trip to Asda 21st September.

I'm not suggesting there's something hokey going on, I'm guessing they want these questions asked so that they can shoot them down even more emphatically and make the questioners seem petty, but taking it at face value it seems to be a very odd looking account.

AQMP

Quote from: Hound on October 05, 2011, 01:12:43 PM
The statement clearly shows FG and Gay Mitchel are liars and black propaganaists. Threaten the professional political classes of any hue in the 26 and you get an hysterical response.

But I thought the FG point was that he doesnt give up his £100k plus salary or give it to charity - it all goes to Sinn Fein. Then Sinn Fein pay him whatever they agree.

When Marty said he'll only take the average industrial wage if he becomes president, a lot of people might have thought that this would save the taxpayer over €200k a year. But FG's point is the money would just go to Sinn Fein instead

I'm nearly sure McG said on the Late Late that any surplus from the Presidential salary would go back to the exchequer.

AZOffaly

In fairness Hound, that's not what Mitchell implied as he was frothing at the mouth on Newstalk. He was implying that this 'industrial wage' thing is not true and that Marty gets money from the Queen, and other avenues, in all sorts of ways above and beyond his Sinn Fein stipend.

sheamy

Quote from: AQMP on October 05, 2011, 01:15:38 PM

I'm nearly sure McG said on the Late Late that any surplus from the Presidential salary would go back to the exchequer.

He certainly did

glens abu

Sinn fein always said that the rest of their wages went into the party to employ more constituency workers and help run the offices,but as Martin is not running for Sinn Fein in this election he said from the beginning the balance of his salary would go back to the state to help take a few young people of the dole.

Ulick

No that's what happens at the moment. He has said a few times that if elected he would only take the average industrial wage and the remainder would either go back to the state or be used to employ 6 young people on the dole. 

sheamy

Quote from: Ulick on October 05, 2011, 01:23:05 PM

No that's what happens at the moment. He has said a few times that if elected he would only take the average industrial wage and the remainder would either go back to the state or be used to employ 6 young people on the dole.

Now, as they would say on Dragon's Den, 'can anyone match that offer?'

This is exactly the type of leadership that needs to be shown in this greed ransacked country.

glens abu

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 05, 2011, 01:15:26 PM
glens. I'm not saying I want to see this, I couldn't give a shite. What I'm saying is that for Martin McGuinness to release this as some sort of proof about his income only throws up more questions, which may well be his intention so that he can swat them away. But if this is his main account, otherwise why bother releasing it, let's just take August and September. Does this look like anyone's financial activity that you know?

Paid 26th of July
Trip to ASDA 29th July
Trip to Musgrave (?) 3rd August
Trip to Musgrave 23rd August
Pay off Credit Card 25th August.

No more txns.

Well yes it does I would imagine with the amount of hours he works as DFM that it is his wife who looks after all the home bills.He doesn't run a car so no need for DDs for that so it is very possible that all home DDs if he has any are out of his wifes earnings. When they got married first his wife Bernie was the bread winner so paid all the bills so like most of us in life these things tend to continue the way they started. 

AZOffaly

If that's the case what is with the trips to ASDA. I'm sure you're right, and SF are just waiting for someone to ask what I've done so they can say 'Aha'

glens abu

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 05, 2011, 01:32:07 PM
If that's the case what is with the trips to ASDA. I'm sure you're right, and SF are just waiting for someone to ask what I've done so they can say 'Aha'

I dont really know but would again imagine if his wife is paying the home bills he is buying the food ect; thats the way it works in my house so all he does is give her his debit card and off she goes and buys the fish fingers.

trileacman

Quote from: Ulick on October 05, 2011, 01:23:05 PM

Employ them as what though? Digging holes or become minions of the Shinner machine?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

sans pessimism

Quote from: glens abu on October 05, 2011, 01:19:21 PM

Sinn fein always said that the rest of their wages went into the party to employ more constituency workers and help run the offices,but as Martin is not running for Sinn Fein in this election he said from the beginning the balance of his salary would go back to the state to help take a few young people of the dole.
hero
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

AZOffaly

I think I'll end up voting for Marty as the best of a bad lot. Jaysus, that'll be two Sinn Fein #1s by me in the last 2 elections. I'll be getting on a list somewhere :D

Gallagher - A nonentity, and seems to be doing it to raise his profile, probably for more TV work or to boost his business interests.
Michael D - Annoys me in ways I can't really descript. I think it's because he looks like Professor Dumbledore or someone that should be in Harry Potter.
Dana - A lunatic
Gay Mitchel - Letting himself down with his behaviour in this campaign. Looks like he just wants to crusade against Sinn Fein and that's it.
David Norris - A joke candidate with a lot of 'I can't talk about that' going on. I'd be afraid he'd get the 'cool' vote so we could show how advanced we are in voting for a gay president. But I believe he'd be a laughing stock, regardless of whom he sleeps with.
Mary Davis - I actually forgot she was running when I was listing them here. couldn't remember the 7th one. That more or less sums her up, and I'd say she's one for the personal advancement as well.

Rossfan

I believe it's Michael D's to lose if he stays alive till the 27th.
Mitchell and FG the biggest loser so far as FG once again display's its great talent of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
NorrisDanaDavisGallagher was never a credible candidates anyway.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM