Mitchell, Gay
3 (1.5%)
Norris, David
7 (3.4%)
Scallon, Dana Rosemary
7 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 206

bcarrier

I personally would rather not have a SF president - too overtly political for my liking - but found Ger Colleran's attack on McGuinness on the VB review show last night reprehensible . Colleran's view on the troubles seemed to be that the IRA were the sole cause of it all - historical revisionism in the extreme. 

I didnt know much about Colleran but an interesting piece ( which isnt behind the Murdoch paywall  :-\ here)

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/ireland/article7086718.ece

deiseach

Quote from: bcarrier on October 05, 2011, 11:54:36 AM
I personally would rather not have a SF president - too overtly political for my liking - but found Ger Colleran's attack on McGuinness on the VB review show last night reprehensible . Colleran's view on the troubles seemed to be that the IRA were the sole cause of it all - historical revisionism in the extreme. 

The narcissism of some of the attacks on McGuinness is breathtaking. How pompous must Ger Colleran et al be to think that there are people out there who would vote for McGuinness if they are not privy to to his unique wisdom and insight?

mick999

I see that Martin has released his bank statement ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/05_10_11_mcguinnessbank.pdf

I wonder is this his only bank account ?

Bingo

Quote from: mick999 on October 05, 2011, 12:00:52 PM

That weekly or monthly or fortnightly or what?

Surprised the bank actaully agreed to do that.

Tubberman

Shopping in ASDA!?
Have ye no Dunnes Stores to keep the money on the island ffs!  ;)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

sheamy

Quote from: Tubberman on October 05, 2011, 12:04:07 PM

Shopping in ASDA!?

which one of the cayman's do you mean?

sans pessimism

Quote from: sheamy on October 05, 2011, 12:05:41 PM

Shopping in ASDA!?

Aw c'mon guys this is St Martin ye'r talkin' about
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

deiseach

Martin McGuinness reacts to receiving a pay increase from his cul . . . political party

Ulick

I'd like to think not and he has an ISA or something squirrelled away somewhere. The point of releasing this one is to show his main income and expenditure which has been called into question by Mitchell on a few occasions this week. I look forward to getting a gander and Gay's European income and expenses.

sheamy

Quote from: sans pessimism on October 05, 2011, 12:09:57 PM
Quote from: sheamy on October 05, 2011, 12:05:41 PM

Shopping in ASDA!?

Aw c'mon guys this is St Martin ye'r talkin' about

I know. Historically, the Dunnes would know more about the Cayman's than Martin though.

The statement clearly shows FG and Gay Mitchel are liars and black propaganaists. Threaten the professional political classes of any hue in the 26 and you get an hysterical response.

Denn Forever

At least he has a bank account.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

AZOffaly

Interesting move, but I think he should have released a clarification. To me that looks like an account his wife used, trips to ASDA, Vera Moda, etc. But there's one thing missing. Has he no direct debits? No Electricity, Gas, TV, Phone or anything else? No cheques seem to be written to pay for that stuff either, nor and Standing Orders. I assume his wife has an account too or they have another account that they use for that stuff, so why would he release this account? To me this is a mistake, and adds more ammunition to the conspiracy theorists that this is some sort of 'cover' account.

Ulick

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 05, 2011, 12:27:31 PM
Interesting move, but I think he should have released a clarification. To me that looks like an account his wife used, trips to ASDA, Vera Moda, etc. But there's one thing missing. Has he no direct debits? No Electricity, Gas, TV, Phone or anything else? No cheques seem to be written to pay for that stuff either, nor and Standing Orders. I assume his wife has an account too or they have another account that they use for that stuff, so why would he release this account? To me this is a mistake, and adds more ammunition to the conspiracy theorists that this is some sort of 'cover' account.

To show his income. He could quite easily transfer or write the wife a cheque for the regular bills. Whatever the reason I'm sure SF will explain that throughout the day and IMO it would be unreasonable to expect anyone to show all of their personal finance details. Job has been done here - another Mitchell and FG line of attack has been buried.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Ulick on October 05, 2011, 12:33:02 PM

To show his income. He could quite easily transfer or write the wife a cheque for the regular bills. Whatever the reason I'm sure SF will explain that throughout the day and IMO it would be unreasonable to expect anyone to show all of their personal finance details. Job has been done here - another Mitchell and FG line of attack has been buried.

I hope they do, because I think it's job half done. All this is showing is 1 account held in one branch with a pile of trips to ASDA on it, and yet no household bills coming out, or cheques being written to pay for the bills, which makes it look like he has more than this account. I just think it's inviting more questions, and maybe that's what they are hoping because they have the answers ready and want FG to make even bigger goms of themselves than they have been doing on this issue. Edit: In fairness there are cheques there, and they could well be to cover the household bills.

Tubberman

Quote from: Ulick on October 05, 2011, 12:33:02 PM

Ah come on, it explains fck all. He could have 20 other accounts for all we know with 'other income' in them.
I know very little about him, but I doubt greed is a word you'd associate with him. So I'm not particularly interested in getting to see his accounts, but I still don't think what he has provided will satisfy those who have major doubts.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."