Norris, David
7 (3.4%)
Scallon, Dana Rosemary
7 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 206

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 30, 2011, 10:18:34 AM
Quote from: hardstation on September 30, 2011, 10:11:28 AM
I cannot for one second believe that people in this country will elect a paedophile apologist as President. How long ago was it that we were stringing the Catholic church up for horrible crimes against children?
Shameful.

I don't think they will, and I don't think they will vote MMG in either, despite being probably the best candidate for the job.  Mickey D will get in as the default  winner.

Higgins will win it because he is the most suitable and least controversial candidate.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: haranguerer on September 30, 2011, 08:34:48 AM
Aye, but sure that happened in the Matrix too - Neo didnt believe he was the one, but he was.

Anf MGHU you bo**ocks, theres a do in monaghan too, thats what lawnseed was referring to.

A poor haranguerer am I getting under your skin aswell, you lads would need to toughen up. Its awful when people don't fawn to the White-Gaelic-RomanCatholic view of Irishness isn't it.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 30, 2011, 11:08:07 AM
I cannot for one second believe that people in this country will elect a paedophile apologist as President. How long ago was it that we were stringing the Catholic church up for horrible crimes against children?
Shameful.

I don't think they will, and I don't think they will vote MMG in either, despite being probably the best candidate for the job.  Mickey D will get in as the default  winner.

Higgins will win it because he is the most suitable and least controversial candidate.

+1 and he is a sound fecker. Met him once in Galway, he was cool as feck.

the Deel Rover

Shameful.

hopefully he will it will be nice to listen to the wests awake on Ai final days for a change, for that reason alone he is getting my vote
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 30, 2011, 11:13:40 AM
Shameful.

hopefully he will it will be nice to listen to the wests awake on Ai final days for a change, for that reason alone he is getting my vote

A lovely song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWdfdsHla7c

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: AQMP on September 30, 2011, 10:28:12 AM
Shameful.

hs, as some posters were pointing out yesterday, there is a certain constituency in this country (and in most other western European countries I expect) that thinks that if an openly gay person is elected President that that will promote Ireland as a modern, mature, liberal, broad minded, secular country regardless of that person's ability to do a good job as Pres and also regardless of their "interesting" views on certain aspects of ancient Greek likestyle.

There also seems to be a certain constituency in this country that think electing a 6 counties President will acknowledge the peace process and make us appear forward looking. Its funny because I always thought President McAleese was from the 6 counties. She isn't even finished her 2'nd term yet.

lynchbhoy

maybe because mcaleese was never really involved in real northern politics of electoral campaigns etc - she was more known for political involvement in southern Ireland hence the ff nomination.

also I cannot understand how people are trying to make out that a poem Pearse wrote nearly a hundred of years ago can be twisted and contrued as being of a homosexualesque nature.
Words and ethos back then were a lot different. You didnt have to hide or refuse to use phrases or words like you more or less have to today.
Even 30 years ago, saying you felt gay didnt mean you were homosexual - it meant you were happy.
Poems also mask real references so while the meaning up to the reader - Pearse by all  accounts was not gay.
even if he was big deal

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 30, 2011, 11:42:50 AM
maybe because mcaleese was never really involved in real northern politics of electoral campaigns etc - she was more known for political involvement in southern Ireland hence the ff nomination.

also I cannot understand how people are trying to make out that a poem Pearse wrote nearly a hundred of years ago can be twisted and contrued as being of a homosexualesque nature.
Words and ethos back then were a lot different. You didnt have to hide or refuse to use phrases or words like you more or less have to today.
Even 30 years ago, saying you felt gay didnt mean you were homosexual - it meant you were happy.
Poems also mask real references so while the meaning up to the reader - Pearse by all  accounts was not gay.
even if he was big deal

Thanks Lynchbhoy, an actual fair response. (Still not sure you are correct).

AQMP

even if he was big deal

As for the man from whom our county ground takes its name...

Hardy

I thought the charge against Pearse here was suggestions of paedophilia, not homosexuality.

Fear ón Srath Bán

ʇuǝpısǝɹd ɹoɟ ssǝuuınƃɔɯ ǝʇoʌ puɐ ʎɹʇoƃıq sıɥʇ puǝ ˙spɹɐʍʞɔɐq puɐ uʍop ǝpısdn sn ƃuıƃƃɐɹp ǝɹɐ ɐıpǝɯ ǝʇɐʇs puɐ ʇuǝɯsıןqɐʇsǝ ɥsıɹı ǝɥʇ
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

AQMP

Late Late Show Presidential Debate tonight.  Should be a bit of craic!  I wonder what they will ask McGuinness??

All the candidates will also be interviewed one to one by Tubridy except David Norris who was on the show as a guest two weeks ago.

thebigfella

I heard it was cancelled as all the candidates are home playing FIFA 12? 

lynchbhoy

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 30, 2011, 11:55:14 AM

even if he was big deal

Thanks Lynchbhoy, an actual fair response. (Still not sure you are correct).
well I doubt if either of of existed when he was about,so its going to be hard to prove that one either way. Certainly such latter accusations seem only to be smear campaigns of sorts.

btw I'd not be boasting of 480 points for a leaving cert in 1998 when it was well known in academic circles that the standards had gone way down from what it was when we in hedge schools did the leaving etc !! interviewed too many from your era to know that the levels are not what they were !
bah humbug and all that !!

deiseach

Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 30, 2011, 02:35:44 PM
btw I'd not be boasting of 480 points for a leaving cert in 1998 when it was well known in academic circles that the standards had gone way down from what it was when we in hedge schools did the leaving etc !! interviewed too many from your era to know that the levels are not what they were !
bah humbug and all that !!

:D