Norris, David
7 (3.4%)
Scallon, Dana Rosemary
7 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 206

Nally Stand

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 16, 2011, 08:11:26 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 16, 2011, 04:54:34 AM
I am not sure who I hate more, the eternal traitors from FF or the terrorists from SF.

I dislike them partitionists hoors Cumann na nGaedheal/Fine Gael.

+1.  In particular I can't stand the attention whore ones who cannot take a drink without turning into an even bigger hate filled, bigotted attention whore and who can't bring themselves to accept the fact that FG is essentially FF.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Ulick

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 16, 2011, 08:07:28 AM
The Observer has learnt that a Dublin newspaper is to publish extracts of a tape recording McGuinness gave to an American radio reporter in the 1970s in which the then self-confessed second in command of the Derry Provisionals describes civilians caught up in bombs and shootings as "nosey parkers" who should not have got in the way of IRA operations.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/oct/15/sean-gallagher-ireland-president-election?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

That's going to be an difficult one for McGuinness.

I doubt it. Jim Cusack's second hand reporting of an interview ten years ago which mentions an interview held 30 years before that? Smells like bullshit to me:
http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/the-interview-that-has-come-back-to-haunt-a-presidential-candidate-2907444.html

Conveniently enough neither the 10 year old tape or the 40 year old tape is available from the where Cusack says it is:
http://www.npr.org/%20templates/story/%20story.php?storyId=1146815

In your link Henry McDonald questions whether McGuinness has retracted his oat to the IRA. In the interests of transparency surely McDonald should be telling us the procedure he used to  renounce his oath to the OIRA? That's assuming of course he ever did...

ballinaman

I am not sure who I hate more, the eternal traitors from FF or the terrorists from SF.

Man Farr. Lot of hate in ya MGU....Fr Jack esque...angry man....very angry man.

muppet

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 16, 2011, 08:53:13 AM

+1.  In particular I can't stand the attention whore ones who cannot take a drink without turning into an even bigger hate filled, bigotted attention whore and who can't bring themselves to accept the fact that FG is essentially FF.

That post kills two Mayo birds with the one stone.  ;D
MWWSI 2017

Maguire01

Quote from: Ulick on October 16, 2011, 11:52:07 AM
The Observer has learnt that a Dublin newspaper is to publish extracts of a tape recording McGuinness gave to an American radio reporter in the 1970s in which the then self-confessed second in command of the Derry Provisionals describes civilians caught up in bombs and shootings as "nosey parkers" who should not have got in the way of IRA operations.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/oct/15/sean-gallagher-ireland-president-election?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

I doubt it. Jim Cusack's second hand reporting of an interview ten years ago which mentions an interview held 30 years before that? Smells like bullshit to me:
http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/the-interview-that-has-come-back-to-haunt-a-presidential-candidate-2907444.html

Conveniently enough neither the 10 year old tape or the 40 year old tape is available from the where Cusack says it is:
http://www.npr.org/%20templates/story/%20story.php?storyId=1146815
That's not really convenient at all. But in case you were concerned that it doesn't actually exist, here's the correct link where you can hear the relevant parts of both interviews: http://www.npr.org/templates/rundowns/rundown.php?prgId=5&prgDate=7-18-2002

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: muppet on October 16, 2011, 12:52:23 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on October 16, 2011, 08:53:13 AM

That post kills two Mayo birds with the one stone.  ;D

Ha, ha Nally wasn't even on the drink lad, don't need one to despise your SF clowns.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ballinaman on October 16, 2011, 11:59:59 AM

Man Farr. Lot of hate in ya MGU....Fr Jack esque...angry man....very angry man.

Well it was an attempt to draw out the Fianna Failures and rise Nally at the same time. I think it worked  ;) I even pointed out on another thread that my posts might actually be sign posted at this stage  ;)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Ulick

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 16, 2011, 01:18:17 PM
Well it was an attempt to draw out the Fianna Failures and rise Nally at the same time. I think it worked  ;) I even pointed out on another thread that my posts might actually be sign posted at this stage  ;)

Do think this is f**king Prime Time or something?

trileacman

FFS Would youse all stop arguing with the idiot! This thread couldn't be f**king read anymore.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Gaffer

McGuinness caught hook line and sinker there, Showing his true colours.

Can't wait to hear his supporters defending this one.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

mylestheslasher

Maguire - that link leads me to a page and I don't see any mention of a interview with mcguinness.

Maguire01

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 16, 2011, 04:35:22 PM
Maguire - that link leads me to a page and I don't see any mention of a interview with mcguinness.
There's a headline called 'IRA Apology' - click on the Real Media link and it's about 3 minutes in.
http://www.npr.org/templates/rundowns/rundown.php?prgId=5&prgDate=7-18-2002

lawnseed

cant understand why martin should have to answer for every ira operation that didnt go according to plan. it was guerilla warfare carried out in the midst of civilians. the ratio of non combatant kills in afganistan is 9 to 1 and that is described as 'tragic but acceptable' by the US army.. the same guys who avail of the facilities provided for them by the ff government and the present government of a "neutral country" ie us.
in accordance with previous wars thats makes ireland a legitimate target were it within the capabilites of the taliban army. just the same as if america was at war with germany and we were helping the yanks we should expect to be attacked
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

trileacman

Quote from: lawnseed on October 16, 2011, 06:57:45 PM
cant understand why martin should have to answer for every ira operation that didnt go according to plan. it was guerilla warfare carried out in the midst of civilians. the ratio of non combatant kills in afganistan is 9 to 1 and that is described as 'tragic but acceptable' by the US army.. the same guys who avail of the facilities provided for them by the ff government and the present government of a "neutral country" ie us.
in accordance with previous wars thats makes ireland a legitimate target were it within the capabilites of the taliban army. just the same as if america was at war with germany and we were helping the yanks we should expect to be attacked
I wouldn't be caught apologizing for those f**kers either.

If you are going to draw parallels between the IRA and the USA army in Afghanistan can we draw the same parallels between MMG and Bush?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on October 16, 2011, 06:57:45 PM
But what do you think of his attitude to civilian casualties in that interview?