Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on October 02, 2011, 07:03:35 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on October 02, 2011, 06:56:57 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on October 02, 2011, 06:54:09 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on October 02, 2011, 06:48:07 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 02, 2011, 06:32:14 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on October 02, 2011, 05:55:13 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 02, 2011, 03:35:07 PM
The biggest health warning with that poll is that it was sponsored by the sindo. That rag has gone to town yet again today on mcguinness. It'd a shame there is no regulator in the media allowing one candidate to be constantly attacked by a rag with an agenda.
http://www.presscouncil.ie/
And then of course, there's libel laws.

Unless your issue is with freedom of the press?

My issue is with a particular organ of the media having a preference in a democratic election and abusing their position to turn people of a particular candidate and demonstrating no balance to the other side of the coin. If you can't see what the sindo are up to then you must be as blind as a bat. If you think that type of crap is acceptable then move to America where this is the norm.
So what are you saying? There's a regulatory framework there, there is a legal system in place... how far do you propose going without infringing on freedom of the press?
theres freedom and theres libel. printing lies is libelous
Yes, and that's why we have a legal system. Did you not read what I posted?
you misunderstand.. if the lies flying around at the minute were about anyone else solicitors letters would be rolling off the press after them but marty is expected to take it on the chin, be the bigger man etc  hardly fair
No, you clearly misunderstand. Marty is just as entitled as anyone to issue his own solictitors letters. He doesn't have to take anything on the chin.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: muppet on October 02, 2011, 07:10:27 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on October 02, 2011, 07:07:41 PM
fukn disgrace when a government minister of the dail can tweet that a deputy first minister,mp,mla of the north of ireland is living of the proceeds of the northern bank robbery. i'd like to take him out for a drink >:( >:( >:( >:(

Bingo.

I hope this wouldn't be one of those famous ambushes   ;)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: muppet on October 02, 2011, 06:44:55 PM
Jebus but Marty's men are awful sensitive.

Kenny was slaughtered by the Sindo for years, Noonan before him and nowadays they ridicule Gilmore having put him up on a pedestal before that. They are now the 3 highest politicians in the land. So much for the Sindo.

The first rule and only of the Sindo is to ignore it. It is merely an advertiser and producer of polls on questions no one wants answered.

Is that directed at me? Are you saying I am one of "marty's men" (whatever that means). Can someone not have an opinion around here without getting a lazy label applied to them

muppet

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 02, 2011, 08:16:55 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 02, 2011, 06:44:55 PM
Jebus but Marty's men are awful sensitive.

Kenny was slaughtered by the Sindo for years, Noonan before him and nowadays they ridicule Gilmore having put him up on a pedestal before that. They are now the 3 highest politicians in the land. So much for the Sindo.

The first rule and only of the Sindo is to ignore it. It is merely an advertiser and producer of polls on questions no one wants answered.

Is that directed at me? Are you saying I am one of "marty's men" (whatever that means). Can someone not have an opinion around here without getting a lazy label applied to them

Lazy post.
MWWSI 2017

Nally Stand

fukn disgrace when a government minister of the dail can tweet that a deputy first minister,mp,mla of the north of ireland is living of the proceeds of the northern bank robbery. i'd like to take him out for a drink >:( >:( >:( >:(

And it coming from a man representing a party which robs the people to bail out banks.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

Quote from: lawnseed on October 02, 2011, 06:39:12 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on October 02, 2011, 06:37:10 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 02, 2011, 06:30:25 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 02, 2011, 06:27:26 PM
Davis was outer by the independent on Saturday, different paper. Norris was attack but over new revelations. Nothing new in what's being levelled at mcguinness.

Ah right.

Would you believe that FF even believe the Sindo gave them a hard time even when it won them 3 elections in a row? Political lackeys always seem to have their senses of perspective completely removed.

The Indo website last week had 8 main headlines, each one dedicated attacks on McGuinness. This week's is something similar. I don't think there is any skewed perpective involved.
what was the craic in omagh last night nally (at the shinner do)

It's not on until tomorrow night Lawnseed. Hoping to make it to it, but might be in Dublin. Will report back if I get!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

muppet

God but looking at the news there, Gay Mitchell is pathetic. You would think after years of politics he would know he doesn't need to speak like that. It makes him look desperate and flustered and will have cost him a lot of votes. He had a small chance and it is getting smaller by the hour.
MWWSI 2017

Nally Stand

Quote from: muppet on October 02, 2011, 09:05:58 PM
God but looking at the news there, Gay Mitchell is pathetic. You would think after years of politics he would know he doesn't need to speak like that. It makes him look desperate and flustered and will have cost him a lot of votes. He had a small chance and it is getting smaller by the hour.

You sure? Ross Matt seems to think it's Mitchell's to lose  :D

muppet

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 02, 2011, 09:31:08 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 02, 2011, 09:05:58 PM

You sure? Ross Matt seems to think it's Mitchell's to lose  :D

There will be a few twists and turns yet but I can't see the Mitchell & Marty sideshow getting any momentum out of their sniping. Michael D needs to avoid the eye gouging and he should stroll it.
MWWSI 2017

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 02, 2011, 09:01:04 PM

And it coming from a man representing a party which robs the people to bail out banks.

The Provos never robbed a bank there Nally no! They never pointed guns at bank staff, security staff or police officers! Good to know.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

gallsman

I have as much evidence to accuse Paul Kehoe of being a serial paedophile, who murders little old ladies, extorts small businesses and accepts bribes as he does to accuse McGuinnes of involvement in the raid, i.e. none whatsoever.

Pangurban

Pigs grunt,whats new.  Usual gutter politics from failed politicians. As for the Sindo, the best response is BOYCOTT, hit them where it hurts, see how the shareholders like that

muppet

Quote from: Pangurban on October 02, 2011, 10:00:52 PM
Pigs grunt,whats new.  Usual gutter politics from failed politicians. As for the Sindo, the best response is BOYCOTT, hit them where it hurts, see how the shareholders like that

Sin scéal eile entirely.
MWWSI 2017

Maguire01

Quote from: Pangurban on October 02, 2011, 10:00:52 PMAs for the Sindo, the best response is BOYCOTT, hit them where it hurts, see how the shareholders like that
Are the people who are offended by the Sindo actually buying it?!

lawnseed

huge crowd expected in monaghan. rumours that martins family want him to tell them to shove it are flying around. you couldnt blame them after the shite hes had thrown at him.
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once