United Ireland

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, April 15, 2011, 04:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of this options would be acceptable to you including the least palatable you could accept.?

United Indivisable Irish Republic - Central Government.
55 (75.3%)
United Indivisable Irish Kingdom (Monarch with Ancent Irish & British Royal connections) - Central Government.
3 (4.1%)
2 State Republic (Current NI & Irish Rep) United Ireland Federation.
18 (24.7%)
2 State Kingdom (Current NI & Irish Rep) United Ireland Federation.
2 (2.7%)
4 Tradional Provinces Federation United Republic.
21 (28.8%)
4 Traditional Federation United Irish Kingdom.
4 (5.5%)
3 or 4 newly drawn up Regional Irish States Federation United Republic.
11 (15.1%)
3 or 4 newly drawn up Regional Irish States Federation United Irish Kingdom.
2 (2.7%)
Unified Indivisable Irish State within the (British) United Kingdom.
3 (4.1%)
2 State (Current NI & Irish Rep) within the (British) United Kingdom.
3 (4.1%)
Unified Indivisable Irish State within a British United Republic.
3 (4.1%)
2 State (Current NI & Irish Rep) within a British Republic.
4 (5.5%)
United Irish Republic as a State of a United States of Europe.
12 (16.4%)
Other Unifed Irish State.
12 (16.4%)

Total Members Voted: 73

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

I was just wondering how far us Irish Nationalists would go to have our United Ireland? I was also wondering how many options would be acceptable to our Unionist countrymen?

Please vote for any option that you would accept, including those even only acceptable as a last resort.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Arthur_Friend

Why on earth would anybody want a monarchy?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on April 15, 2011, 04:32:30 PM
Why on earth would anybody want a monarchy?

I don't, but I left the option for those who want a United Ireland at any cost and for Unionists who may be more about the Crown/a Crown than the actual British identity.

seafoid

Question 15. Who should pay for your united ireland ? 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Nally Stand

Question 16. Is "cost" just the standardised excuse for apathy towards Irish Unity, in the 26 counties? During the Celtic Septic Tiger years, I didn't hear much mass outpouring of support for Irish Unity south of the border. People just seemed to blissfully forget about the issue... the party was in full swing and everyone was too preoccupied living like kings. It just begs the question - if when times were good, many in the south didn't care about the north, and when times are bad, they say it's just too expensive to unite the nation,.... when will people care?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

seafoid

Quote from: Nally Stand on April 15, 2011, 05:07:00 PM
Question 16. Is "cost" just the standardised excuse for apathy towards Irish Unity, in the 26 counties?

I think the fact that most protestants in the wee 6 are happy being British is also a factor.

Northern Ireland would have to shape up economically before its British parents could consider offering its hand
in marriage to the south.   
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: seafoid on April 15, 2011, 04:38:04 PM
Question 15. Who should pay for your united ireland ?

The Germans of course, maybe I should have put United Ireland as part of the German Republic.

I was also thinking a
- United Ireland under American rule (Puerto Rico status).
- United Ireland under Chineese rule (Hong Kong stauts).
- United Ireland under Australian rule (we can all fck off there without visas and they can visit Europe without visas).
- United Ireland under the rule of Allah (Protectorate of Saudi Arabia).
- United Ireland under King William and Queen Kate after they escape under the cover of darkness to the Emerald Isle as the Great Terror takes reign in Britain and Madamme Guillotine is introduced to cleanse the New British Republic.
- United Ireland within a Celtic Federation.
- United Ireland under Supreme Leader Bertie Ahern after his Coup.
- United Ireland under the born again Napoleonic French Republic (1798 claim)
- United Ireland conquered by the newly independent Scots, invoking Dal Riada, the Conventors, the Bruce & Aiden McGeady.

lynchbhoy

Question 16. Is "cost" just the standardised excuse for apathy towards Irish Unity, in the 26 counties? During the Celtic Septic Tiger years, I didn't hear much mass outpouring of support for Irish Unity south of the border. People just seemed to blissfully forget about the issue... the party was in full swing and everyone was too preoccupied living like kings. It just begs the question - if when times were good, many in the south didn't care about the north, and when times are bad, they say it's just too expensive to unite the nation,.... when will people care?
the apathy is due to people having enough money and are happy in their own little bubble - its called 'me feinism'

Evil Genius

This Irishman is entirely* happy with the status quo.

He is also very confident that the status quo will prevail at least long enough to see him out.

* - Well except maybe for Da Republik poaching some of our footballers  >:(
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Minder

Some of you need to realise that people couldn't give a shit whether we live in a United Ireland or not. People are busy trying to keep a roof over their heads and trying to raise their children, a United Ireland would be well down the list of priorities or ideals, if it featured at all. It doesent make them any more or less of "an Irishman" either. A lot of people don't give a shit about politics.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Are you Bertie Ahern? That is a Myth.

Puckoon

What if - the answer to that is never? Where does that leave 6 county republicans and nationalists? What would happen next?

laoislad

Quote from: Minder on April 15, 2011, 05:23:53 PM
Some of you need to realise that people couldn't give a shit whether we live in a United Ireland or not. People are busy trying to keep a roof over their heads and trying to raise their children, a United Ireland would be well down the list of priorities or ideals, if it featured at all. It doesent make them any more or less of "an Irishman" either. A lot of people don't give a shit about politics.

Well said Minder well said.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Puckoon on April 15, 2011, 05:26:22 PM

What if - the answer to that is never? Where does that leave 6 county republicans and nationalists? What would happen next?
Ive always cared.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

AQMP

This Irishman is not entirely* happy with the status quo.

He is also very confident that the status quo will prevail at least long enough to see him out.

* - It's those f**kers in the UK poaching some of our cricketers