The official 2010/2011 Premier league thread.

Started by stew, May 24, 2010, 05:13:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: ross4life on August 10, 2010, 07:32:34 PM
Things that are likely to happen this season ;)

1.) Liverpool fans claiming to have the best team ever after beating Blackpool 6-0

2.) Arsenal kids being hyped up as best ever as they beat some no mark team in the league cup and follow it up by a loss against someone decent

3.) Ferguson banning at least 1 journalist every month

4.) Arsenal fans moaning about the physical nature of opposition teams as they once again get undone against lower table opposition

5.) John Terry being involved in some scandal or another most likely cheating on his misses again and his misses forgiving him.

6.) Bolton to finish 13th and an early exits from all cups

7.) Mancini to be sacked by Christmas

8.) Tevez to start bitching for the 10250th time about how United did not make him feel loved

9.) Sky Sports will claim it's "Super Sunday" despite the fixtures actually being Bolton v Wigan in the morning followed by Blackpool v Stoke

10.) Spurs crashes out of the CL early, goes through a poor spell and are in mid-table by December. Then makes an almighty effort and gets back to 5th by end of season, only to miss out the 4th spot

11.) Manchester City will pay silly money for an overrated striker in the January transfer window

12.) A player from a big 4 club that doesn't win the title will get injured for few months, it will then be claimed by the fans that had he been fit they would have won it.

13.) Fergie will complain about there being no value in the market & categorically state that Hargreaves is 3 weeks away from a return

14.) United will be 'out of the title race' about 6 times and be 'right back in it' about 7 times

15.) If city beat united once then they will be claimed the kings of Manchester

16.) There will be another Chelsea fan caught on camera brushing his teeth

17.) The World Cup will be blamed for players being tired during the season

18.) Pundits will mention how great it is to listen to football crowds and not vuvuzelas

19.) Joe Cole will score more goals than he did last season.

20.) Carlos Tevez will score fewer goals this season than he did last

Wanna add some more??

I've noticed this a few times but said nothing but you continue to plagiarise and pass off other posts as your own. Please stop.

http://www.redcafe.net/f7/things-likely-happen-season-304855/
Hasta la victoria siempre

ross4life

never said it was my own did i? the  ;) might have been a hint! i guess the above post http://www.skysports.com/football/transfers/0,20367,11660,00.html  i'm also trying to pass off as my own to  ::)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 11, 2010, 07:26:40 AM
I think Utd will win the PL.

It be some achievement for Chris Hughton if he could win the Premier League with Newcastle, but I think your being a little optimistic by saying they will win it
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hoof Hearted

Forest would have won it if we had of beat Blackpool !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Hoof Hearted

On another note, not PL related but i saw this news this morning. Everyone will probably heard of him from Sky Sports on Saturday from Jeff Stelling. When he scored he always called him Lisa's brother. Only 31 too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/exeter_city/8902976.stm

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Mayo4Sam

Ross ya chancer, caught red handed

1 Chelsea
2 city
3 pool
4 mu (after Rooney misses 3 months with injury, which is used as the reason he was shite in the WC)

Spuds to collapse, Birmingham, Sunderland & everlack to all do well and push for Europa league
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Farrandeelin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 11, 2010, 07:49:51 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 11, 2010, 07:26:40 AM
I think Utd will win the PL.

It be some achievement for Chris Hughton if he could win the Premier League with Newcastle, but I think your being a little optimistic by saying they will win it

:D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

1. Pensioners
2. Liverpool
3. Shitty
4. Scum Utd.
5. Spurs
6. Liverpool B Team
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Clown

Quote from: ross4life on August 10, 2010, 07:32:34 PM
Things that are likely to happen this season ;)

1.) Liverpool fans claiming to have the best team ever after beating Blackpool 6-0

2.) Arsenal kids being hyped up as best ever as they beat some no mark team in the league cup and follow it up by a loss against someone decent

3.) Ferguson banning at least 1 journalist every month

4.) Arsenal fans moaning about the physical nature of opposition teams as they once again get undone against lower table opposition

5.) John Terry being involved in some scandal or another most likely cheating on his misses again and his misses forgiving him.

6.) Bolton to finish 13th and an early exits from all cups

7.) Mancini to be sacked by Christmas

8.) Tevez to start bitching for the 10250th time about how United did not make him feel loved

9.) Sky Sports will claim it's "Super Sunday" despite the fixtures actually being Bolton v Wigan in the morning followed by Blackpool v Stoke

10.) Spurs crashes out of the CL early, goes through a poor spell and are in mid-table by December. Then makes an almighty effort and gets back to 5th by end of season, only to miss out the 4th spot

11.) Manchester City will pay silly money for an overrated striker in the January transfer window

12.) A player from a big 4 club that doesn't win the title will get injured for few months, it will then be claimed by the fans that had he been fit they would have won it.

13.) Fergie will complain about there being no value in the market & categorically state that Hargreaves is 3 weeks away from a return

14.) United will be 'out of the title race' about 6 times and be 'right back in it' about 7 times

15.) If city beat united once then they will be claimed the kings of Manchester

16.) There will be another Chelsea fan caught on camera brushing his teeth

17.) The World Cup will be blamed for players being tired during the season

18.) Pundits will mention how great it is to listen to football crowds and not vuvuzelas

19.) Joe Cole will score more goals than he did last season.

20.) Carlos Tevez will score fewer goals this season than he did last

Wanna add some more??

21) approximately 9 minutes into the first Super Sunday involving Man United, Paul Scholes will go through someone with a wreckless tackle, right on cue Andy Gray will start laughing and say - Old Scholesy never was a great tackler!

ross4life

West brom, Wigan & Blackpool look at good bet to get relegated

thewobbler

22. After two injuries, Mancini will cry foul that his squad has been limited to 25 players.
23. Rooney will have a two month spell when he is simply untouchable.
24. Some of the more salient commentators will notice that Terry isn't the same player without Carvalho. By the end of the season everyone will be saying it.
26. Arsenal's form lines with and without Fabregas will be inversely proportional.
27. When Blackburn beat Wigan, Big Sam will be hailed as an effective manager, and Martinez as a man who has to drop his principles. When Wigan finish higher than Blackburn, it will be hailed as a small victory for football purists.

ross4life

28. Man united 1st defeat will be the return Paul Mc Graths Da he'll remind everyone of his dislike of everything united

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 12, 2010, 02:13:59 PM
1. Pensioners
2. Liverpool
3. Shitty
4. Scum Utd.
5. Spurs
6. Liverpool B Team
Liverpool B Team? Is that a reference to the first club in the city?
And as for your other names.....I bet you hate those fuckin' manc bastards yeah?