Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midnightcaller

As usual Nally you are full of sh1t. Errigal's disipline record is squeeky clean in comparison to Carrickmore's. Carrickmore are fast becoming known as a bunch of thugs through out Ireland. Something us Tyrone folk have known for a long long time.
[/quote]

Its really getting to you EC!! Thugs?? Are you for real? Take your head out of your a$$ for a moment here.
First of all you refer to one of our County players not getting a suspension... That comment shows how much of a hypocrit you are.. What proof have you got that this player verbally abused the ref? Yet you portray the previous comments about one of your own players many years ago as "fiction"?

Your comments about Carrickmore are nothing short of a disgrace! By no means whatsoever is the Carrickmore club thugs.. Nobody from the club would condone what happened and the club have co-operated fully with the county board regarding the investigation!

To come on and spout rubbish about thuggery is proper bullsh*t and if you think different then your obv a complete tosser!

drgeorge

I honestly feel hard done by as a club with the suspensions handed down by CCC.
Example 1 Under 16 player at our club got 4 week ban for contributing to a melee- much same instance as melee in carrickmore v dromore game, he never through a punch
Example 2 Player gets lengthy ban for verbal abuse of an official- Conor Gormley is seen and heard verbally abusing the referee constantly during the game- what was his ban??? Oh wait he PROMOTES and i emphasise this word strongly Gaelic Games for TYRONE GAA!!

This may sound like a case of BAH HUMBUG but when suspensions are being handed out there has to be equal and transparent suspensions for all!!

Nally Stand

Quote from: drgeorge on November 25, 2011, 04:46:01 PM
Example 1 Under 16 player at our club got 4 week ban for contributing to a melee- much same instance as melee in carrickmore v dromore game, he never through a punch
Example 2 Player gets lengthy ban for verbal abuse of an official- Conor Gormley is seen and heard verbally abusing the referee constantly during the game- what was his ban??? Oh wait he PROMOTES and i emphasise this word strongly Gaelic Games for TYRONE GAA!!

This may sound like a case of BAH HUMBUG but when suspensions are being handed out there has to be equal and transparent suspensions for all!!

Someone seen what Gormley supposedly said? There's a talent. Who was this lip reader? Where is the proof he abused the referee? Did the ref note this as having occurred? Or are you blindly believing every rumour you hear about the match? This is getting ridiculous at this stage.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

downatthemidda

when can we get our appeal heard? THIS IS NOTHING SHORT OF PROPOSTOROUS. no league play offs next year and our next two league games with dromore at a neutral venue. not forgetting a 300 euro fine. lmao ec unique. im just glad ccc have seen through this media fuelled witch hunt. we look forward to welcoming you ec,to our HOME patch next year!! ;D ;D

Club Rossa

drgeorge

Quote from: Nally Stand on November 25, 2011, 04:56:35 PM
Quote from: drgeorge on November 25, 2011, 04:46:01 PM

Someone seen what Gormley supposedly said? There's a talent. Who was this lip reader? Where is the proof he abused the referee? Did the ref note this as having occurred? Or are you blindly believing every rumour you hear about the match? This is getting ridiculous at this stage.

NALLY STAND!!
It can be clearly seen in any video of the game that has been passed about!! Also it can be clearly heard!! Now dont get me wrong Conor has done alot for tyrone over the years but is he really promoting gaelic games or is it more a case of preparation for wrestling at London 2012??

EC Unique

Quote from: downatthemidda on November 25, 2011, 05:00:50 PM
when can we get our appeal heard? THIS IS NOTHING SHORT OF PROPOSTOROUS. no league play offs next year and our next two league games with dromore at a neutral venue. not forgetting a 300 euro fine. lmao ec unique. im just glad ccc have seen through this media fuelled witch hunt. we look forward to welcoming you ec,to our HOME patch next year!! ;D ;D

I rest my case.

fairplay11

I find the suspensions for both clubs a little 'confusing'. Both teams melee but only 1 club got punished and quiet severly. If the county player gave verbals he should be punished but I would b very shocked if a man like Conor Gormley would be that thick to do so. Was Fabian not involved with Colm McGurk, seems unfair that 1 gets punished and the other gets off. A lot of people on this board have gripes with the top clubs, especially somebody who seems a little envious that his club are finished and not even God could guide them to the peripheral of Tyrone football in his 3 years in charge. It is a little odd that 3 of the 6 of Carmens only players get hit hard. Is this to take them down in a cuning way that has probably hurt them more than the meesly fine.

Dell

A lot of people on this board have gripes.......a club that are finished and not even God could guide them. People in glass houses Fairplay11. Mmmmmh sounds like a cunning plan Baldrick!
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak

ONeill

The boul Mickey offering his words of wisdom to the Hill yesterday. No stone unturned.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

backofthehand

No Dromore players suspended as not one is seen throwing a punch in the videos. McGurk hit a Dromore player from behind without any provocation and about 20 seconds later with the player still on his knees recovering, sneaks in and hits him again. Suspension deserved.

Nally Stand

Quote from: backofthehand on November 25, 2011, 10:44:47 PM
No Dromore players suspended as not one is seen throwing a punch in the videos. McGurk hit a Dromore player from behind without any provocation and about 20 seconds later with the player still on his knees recovering, sneaks in and hits him again. Suspension deserved.

Again, I suppose gaby got a black eye from waling into a door in the changing room?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

sandwiches_in_the_boot

I think both clubs will and should be happy with the suspensions handed down. There were a lot more than 3 men on the field badly misbehaving, but the video obviously only sees so much.

At the end of the day, while I wasn't happy with the melee on the field, had it happened on the other side of the field there would have been very little about it. There will be conspiracy theorists claiming Carmen get away with it all the time, but sit back and think about he many incidents around Tyrone this year alone that got swept under the carpet. People jumping fences and knocking teeth out at underage games, linesmen getting assaulted. These weren't high profile games, so little in the way of publicity.

The issue here was what happened in the stand. I stood in the stand watching at the time and thought then it was a pure disgrace. I still think the same. There is no excuse. I seen what was largely responsible for igniting the situation and there maybe were a lot of people in there who got caught up in the moment, which I suppose can happen easy enough.
Personally I feel anyone with cop on stood their ground and didn't get involved. Of course there were a few of the regular headers (from both clubs). Many clubs have them, but are reluctant or afraid to address these individuals. What's the solution? Easier said than done.

Another point I want to make, there's a disease in Tyrone football that is spreading to other counties and it's nothing to do with fists and everything to do with the gob and attitude. Dromore are the worst (but not the only) perpetrators. It has been allowed to happen in the Tyrone senior team for too long. Players might argue that sledging, mind games or whatever you want to call it are all part of the modern game. But where do you draw the line? Talking about someone's wife, mother, dead relative, sticking your finger up someones backside? Laugh if you want, but these have happened and are happening in the game.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

gethimaf

Quote from: Dell on November 25, 2011, 08:05:51 PM
A lot of people on this board have gripes.......a club that are finished and not even God could guide them. People in glass houses Fairplay11. Mmmmmh sounds like a cunning plan Baldrick!

Dont think thats fair calling errigal finished, Carrickmore are a whole lot more finished than errigal, not a good youth team in 5-6 years. Although they're still the kingpins of tyrone football.
Have to refer to Coalisland and greencastle minors getting thrown out over a scuffle. Both teams have to play all minor games away next year, yet Carrickmore and dromore kill each other in the stand and give the bbc a chance to victimise gaelic games.
I dont beleive instances like these are gettin worse btw. Its just press blowing them out of proportion.
Still fields should have been closed and games forfeited, in line with the actions of the CCCC. Total inconsistency.

rrhf

Come on Derrytresk.. Grow some balls!