Premier League 2019/20

Started by Boycey, June 10, 2019, 01:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

I never thought Utd might actually get near Leicester's goal tally. Huge game for Utd though I expect a few twists and turns before that. Chelsea I thought would beat Liverpool but their form would suggest otherwise
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Maroon Manc

UEFA are incompetent, a lot of the evidence couldn't be used because it was time barred.

City are allegedly still at it but whether UEFA have the appetite to go after them I doubt it; Unfortunately all the sponsors involved are linked to the City's owners so there not going to get any co-operation from then. The emails suggested that City were receiving sponsorship money from 2 different accounts, one from the sponsor than the majority from accounts linked to the owners.

shark

FFP has been a disaster since day one. It came about for the wrong reasons, under the pretence of protecting clubs. We can all remember the nauseating "Big 4" nonsense that Sky and others pedalled in the 00's. Those of us with memories longer than 10 years wondering how Chelsea could be held in such "esteem". I was more than happy to see Man City rise up and break that up. I would also be more than happy to see them fall back now. The fortunes of clubs should rise and fall (and maybe rise again) over time. At least that is my idea of how it should be. FFP was brought in to stop that being that case. To say that those clubs who have risen at this point in time shall now have a big deep moat around them, and no other clubs should dare think about breaking in ever again. I hope this blows it up altogether - but I won't get my hopes up.

Capt Pat

At least this ends the prospect of city only having to compete in the premier league next season giving them an unfair advantage in that competition.

laoislad

Great to see another Irish player score tonight 🙂
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on July 13, 2020, 10:18:13 PM

What county is he from? County Hackney  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

An Watcher

Who cares, all of a sudden we have Connolly, Obafemi, McGoldrick and Long all plying their trade in the Premier League with a few goals to boot

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 13, 2020, 10:54:49 PM

Born in Dublin wasn't he?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 13, 2020, 11:55:03 PM

You didn't hear his interview?

Main Street

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 14, 2020, 12:02:18 AM

An accent can wash away the original sin of being Dublin born?

Capt Pat

Quote from: Main Street on July 14, 2020, 12:07:43 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 14, 2020, 12:02:18 AM

An accent can wash away the original sin of being Dublin born?

He needs to work on his Tallaght accent. He has gone all English in his speech.

brokencrossbar1

Granda was an Irish man....he is a Sherwood man!

BennyCake

Not PL, but worth a mention.

We could have a record here.

Half time:

Wigan 7 Hull 0

Cunny Funt

Wolves denied a very important win due to a dodgy looking penalty deep into injury time.

lurganblue

Quote from: An Watcher on July 13, 2020, 11:44:30 PM
Who cares, all of a sudden we have Connolly, Obafemi, McGoldrick and Long all plying their trade in the Premier League with a few goals to boot

Smallbone getting a few games for Southampton too and looks decent.

Villa completely f*cked it up last night. 1 nil up, missed a sitter from 1 yard and then let Everton score a late equaliser. Now the only hope is that either West Ham or Watford don't pick up any more points (same with Bournemouth) and hope Villa beat Arsenal and West Ham.  Bob Hope and No Hope...

The race for the Arsene Wenger 4th place trophy is really heating up too.  I think Chelsea will just hold on for fourth with Utd finishing 3rd.