Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Quote from: youhavenofans on July 18, 2017, 09:21:52 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 18, 2017, 08:18:26 AM
Is this weekends game definitely a starred one then? I know its starred round 3 so assume it is too but just checking it hasn't changed. I did think the 5 games was the maximum number of starred games and there could be less depending on progress of the fixtures. But at the same time 13 days out from a quarter final they might be happy to let the county team focus on that.

Though the club games have worked well to date for the county players and it is hard on the players in the squad not getting game time without them. It's obviously also hard on clubs who really need the points to miss their best player or players.

Next three games are all due to be starred providing Tyrone progress through the QF, leaving one last non-starred game to be placed once Tyrone are bate.

regarding your second quote, I think that this is an issue. I think Dungannon or someone similar at top of Div 2 have Aghyaran coming up which will be a starred fixture. this is a massive game for both clubs and a win could go towards securing the league and promotion. With Aghyaran missing Ronan McHugh alone they have lost a major scoring threat which could affect their promotion. I think Ronan had No.28 on him at weekend so hasn't been in the squads lately. I know that Killyclogher were allowed to play Sean Fox in starred fixture when he was on the panel.

another example is Cahir McCullagh at Greencastle, they are at the wrong end of the table and Cahir is a massive player for them

Dungannon also missing big McNulty so even enough at the end of the day.

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 18, 2017, 11:11:29 AM
Is this weekends game definitely a starred one then? I know its starred round 3 so assume it is too but just checking it hasn't changed. I did think the 5 games was the maximum number of starred games and there could be less depending on progress of the fixtures. But at the same time 13 days out from a quarter final they might be happy to let the county team focus on that.

Though the club games have worked well to date for the county players and it is hard on the players in the squad not getting game time without them. It's obviously also hard on clubs who really need the points to miss their best player or players.

Next three games are all due to be starred providing Tyrone progress through the QF, leaving one last non-starred game to be placed once Tyrone are bate.

regarding your second quote, I think that this is an issue. I think Dungannon or someone similar at top of Div 2 have Aghyaran coming up which will be a starred fixture. this is a massive game for both clubs and a win could go towards securing the league and promotion. With Aghyaran missing Ronan McHugh alone they have lost a major scoring threat which could affect their promotion. I think Ronan had No.28 on him at weekend so hasn't been in the squads lately. I know that Killyclogher were allowed to play Sean Fox in starred fixture when he was on the panel.

another example is Cahir McCullagh at Greencastle, they are at the wrong end of the table and Cahir is a massive player for them

Did he not leave the panel?
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

square_ball

I'd disagree there I think McHugh and McNamee are massive losses for Aghyaran compared to McNulty for Dungannon but I guess thats just the way it is for having county men. No other way around it unfortunately.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on July 18, 2017, 11:21:40 AM

Don't think he left the panel, if he did its news to me.  And McNulty doesn't equate to McHugh and McNamee there is a huge advantage to Dungannon in that league game and I expect them to win it by a fair margin.
Living the dream!!!

youhavenofans

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on July 18, 2017, 11:43:19 AM

Don't think he left the panel, if he did its news to me.  And McNulty doesn't equate to McHugh and McNamee there is a huge advantage to Dungannon in that league game and I expect them to win it by a fair margin.

This is the point I was trying to say, I was seeing McNulty and McNamee as cancelling each other out.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: youhavenofans on July 18, 2017, 01:27:39 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on July 18, 2017, 11:43:19 AM

This is the point I was trying to say, I was seeing McNulty and McNamee as cancelling each other out.

Really??? McNamee is a superior player in every part of the game (in my opinion).  Also then taking away McHugh's scoring threat leaves Dungannon with a major advantage.
Living the dream!!!

omagh_gael

Brain fart moment, completely forgot about McNamee!

The Trap

Why is this round starred? Qtr final is not until end of the month.....I see a case for resting some players if carrying knocks but some other players could do with a competitive game. Even using the example of the Dungannon v Aghyaran match both McNulty and McHugh could play and rest McNamee....... Cahir McCullagh should definitely play too......Richard Donnelly...Darren McCurry, Harry Loughran, Michael Cassidy, Justin McMahon etc

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: The Trap on July 18, 2017, 02:58:46 PM
Why is this round starred? Qtr final is not until end of the month.....I see a case for resting some players if carrying knocks but some other players could do with a competitive game. Even using the example of the Dungannon v Aghyaran match both McNulty and McHugh could play and rest McNamee....... Cahir McCullagh should definitely play too......Richard Donnelly...Darren McCurry, Harry Loughran, Michael Cassidy, Justin McMahon etc

It has to be one rule for all or no rules at all.  Rock go to Moy fighting relegation they wont want Harry Loughran playing when that is a designated starred game.  As mentioned above it suits Dungannon to lose McNulty if it means McHugh and McNamee are out.  The fixture schedule probably went smoother than the CCC could ever of anticipated.  Mickey Harte didn't impose any restrictions on earlier games that allowed games to go ahead to benefit the clubs and the county.  The clubs will not be full strength again until the league game prior to the beginning of the championship.
Living the dream!!!

The Trap

Under 21s and minors losing in first round helped a lot too........minor club season almost wrapped up

Tyrone Gaa

Yeah, all that worked to the advantage of the fixture makers.  It would benefit some clubs to allow county players to play this weekend but it would cause uproar in other circles.  Unfortunately the 30 odd county men are now unavailable to their clubs until Tyrone exit the championship which all being well will be late September
Living the dream!!!

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on July 18, 2017, 03:09:16 PM
Quote from: The Trap on July 18, 2017, 02:58:46 PM

It has to be one rule for all or no rules at all.  Rock go to Moy fighting relegation they wont want Harry Loughran playing when that is a designated starred game.  As mentioned above it suits Dungannon to lose McNulty if it means McHugh and McNamee are out.  The fixture schedule probably went smoother than the CCC could ever of anticipated.  Mickey Harte didn't impose any restrictions on earlier games that allowed games to go ahead to benefit the clubs and the county.  The clubs will not be full strength again until the league game prior to the beginning of the championship.

I do agree with the general point, its hard to pick and choose which players can play at short notice. I don't think Rock could have any complaints either way. They have an advantage over teams all year with county players as they have none. Even if Loughran played the Moy would still be two players short. I suppose your looking at it from point of view that some other team at bottom could have played the Moy with the 3 boys missing. But I don't think the starred fixtures were ever meant as a means of weakening the top teams by removing their top players to help the weaker teams.

Norf Tyrone

Its not a starred round in Div 3.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

tinder5

Massive weekend in the relegation battles in both Division 1 & 2. This weekend could be the one that decides who goes down.

tothetop03

The Clarke threw away massive 2 points yesterday..... Derrylaughan pushing hard,Edendork Beating Greencastle this weekend will decide a lot of Relegation Issues in Div 1 at least not looking Great for Urney....